Silsbee 1 Tarkington 0/Gm1 - Final/Silsbee leads series 1-0

Tonight, the Silsbee Tigers begin their Class 4A playoff journey as they take on the Tarkington Longhorns in Game 1 of this best of 3 bi-district series.  The Tigers, the #1 seed out of 24-4A earned a co-district championship with a 5-2 victory over West Orange-Stark to close their regular season.  The Longhorns, the #4 seed out of 23-4A punched their playoff ticket by winning playin games against Coldspring-Oakhurst (4-0 win) and Shepherd (3-2 win).

The winner of this series will face the winner of the Navasota/Houston Wheatley series.

Join Mike Sanchez and Tim Scoggins for all of the action from Concordia Lutheran High School in Tomball beginning with the pregame show at 7:20 pm with the first pitch at 7:30 pm by clicking play on The Cube player below:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger playoff baseball on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com! 

45 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

From my understanding Comstock from Tarkington has only allowed one run all year and that was the run tonight. Is that true?

His ERA in district play was zip, not sure about all year as he was injured for part of it. Was the run tonight scored earned? I thought the runner reached on error, and I think there was another that inning but I may just be thinking about the mental errors. Doesn't really matter, thats all for stats, the only one that mattered tonight was the W. Both pitchers did a heck of a job, umps were solid, fans behaved unless I missed something. Pretty clean game if you don't include the sprinkler incident. Game could have gone either way, Horn's order spreads their hits and produces very few runs (all year). Tigers are obviously are a more honed baseball machine, Horns are scrappy at times, not enough tonight. 

Btw, for those watching, the base running error by the Horns in the first was because on the HNR the ball bounced such that by the time the runner picked it up he thought it was a caught pop up (didn't see the bounce in front of the mound that made it look like a pop up). The throw to first to get the batter he presumed was the double play throwback on him after he had already rounded 2nd and thus the 3rd out. Not "my" kid, I'm not making excuses for him, but he's a heck of ball player and it was just an unfortunate series of events, starting with the HNR that put him in that spot.  It happens, but it wasn't because he didn't have his head in the game.

Sorry for the double post, first one didn't include quote...