Woodville new AD starts off bad

Why would you make boys that have a baseball game that evening go in the weight room during athletics and have them do a heavy work out on squats before they play in a baseball game. This does not make any sense to me. Oh wait he(our new AD) said he knows nothing about baseball and is getting ready for football......Wake up some kids don't play football and could care less about it . 

Could not be a scrimmage. Once you start playing games you cant go back and  schedule a scrimmage. If they played someone yesterday it had to be a non district game. 

Weather permitting they play Central tonight in Jasper for the #2 seed in their district. 

On 4/30/2016 at 10:04 PM, Bloodhound said:

Why would you make boys that have a baseball game that evening go in the weight room during athletics and have them do a heavy work out on squats before they play in a baseball game. This does not make any sense to me. Oh wait he(our new AD) said he knows nothing about baseball and is getting ready for football......Wake up some kids don't play football and could care less about it . 

This is 2016 everybody lifts weights and losers still always find something to complain about.

I played baseball for 13 yrs. Never heard of lifting weights during baseball season. I'd have to slap the coach if he asked me to do that.

In any other sports, yes, I am the biggest advocate of lifting weights you will ever find, but not during baseball season, please.

I understand not lifting on a game day, but it was a warm-up game or scrimmage. The new AD is trying to come in and get the program going in the right direction. Buy in or Get out. Woodville has the talent to be good, but you have to be stronger and more disciplined as well!

49 minutes ago, rhino1877 said:

I understand not lifting on a game day, but it was a warm-up game or scrimmage. The new AD is trying to come in and get the program going in the right direction. Buy in or Get out. Woodville has the talent to be good, but you have to be stronger and more disciplined as well!

So lift to the point that most of the players were so sore they could barely walk.....Yes it was a scrimmage/warm-up, followed the next day by a district game for 2nd place.