Coach Davis Stays At Anahuac!

Well I hear its true.  I have children in Anahuac and was wanting to know if it was the truth.  It was confirmed yesterday.  Not sure what the Board or Super was thinking.  How can anyone get let go and not even be there a year?  What is the real story here?  This all a little strange.

Great athletes but a coach cannot make you have heart. They underestimated just how tuff the district was going to be. You had a few teams that played with not many athletes but the team was loaded with heart. 1 season is not fair to the players or coach. JMO

This is not a wise decision.  Coach Davis is a great man and a great coach.  If it is true.  He will be better going somewhere else.  Something similar happended to me and it was the best thing for my career.  I learned what to look for in a job and what not to.  Went to a program where the kids have heart and desire to win.  Good luck Rob, I hope this turns out as good for you as it did me. 

THE SUPER RECOMENDED A TWO-YEAR CONTRACT. THE BOARD PRESIDENT SECONDED THE MOTION.  THE FINAL VOTE WAS 3-3 WITH ONE PERSON ABSTAINING.  THERE WAS NO ACTION TAKEN ON THE CONTRACT BECAUSE OF THIS.  HE WAS NOT "NON-RENEWED."  SOUNDS LIKE ANAHUAC NEED SOME NEW BOARD MEMBERS. AT LEAST ONE WHO WOULD BE MAN ENOUGH TO VOTE YES OR NO.  WHAT A COWARD.

As for the coward that did not vote, that statement is false. The board member was not present for the board meeting therefore he could not vote. Get facts straight guys. Anahuac has been a revolving door for coaches and the kids are the ones that have suffered. The amount of talent and athletes in this little place is unbelievable but there has never been a coach that has been hired that has been given a true chance. Last great coach I know of that turned Anahuac around was Robert Walker in the late 80's and early 90's. He started with girls track and did an unbelievable job with them. The ones that have stayed seem to do what the super wants so they can keep their job. From what I have heard, the board is after the super and not Rob. I think Rob is staying and he does deserve a chance. He is a great man and he loves the kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder