Crosby Recruiting Coordinator/OC

48 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

According to coach Matthew Riordan's (brother of head coach Jeff Riordan)  twitter, he is now the Recruiting Coordinator at Crosby. I believe he's been coaching wide receivers. Not sure if he was named OC, but my guess is yes. Maybe someone else knows for sure. 

Crosby's new "offensive coordinator" is a guy named Marvin Nash who came from Denton Guyer. Coach Mann didn't have to teach class when he held the position but Rio2 is like the advanced Calculus teacher or something. Not sure if he will continue to teach, coach receivers AND be the recruiting coordinator also or move fully into the role coach Mann held. We got a good one with coach Nash though, he's been around high level talent at Guyer and should be able to add value to the offensive coaching staff. He's probably the new Mann as far as being able to connect with players.  

Thanks for the info. I agree. A much better sounding title. I'd think he would keep teaching. Most recruiting coordinators across the state teach. Almost every program has somone who handles those things. Most just aren't as "publicized" as Mann always was. Not saying he didn't do a good job with it, he definitely did promote his kids well. Just saying most don't get to devote all their non athletic periods to recruiting/football planning. 

14 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

So this coach only helps football players with the recruiting process or all athletes?

Does the high school not have a program in place to help all students with the college application process?

It's Texas man... bet it's solely football. Not that I agree with that.

I'm sure the school counselors are there to help all students with college applications, scholarships, financial aid, etc.

30 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

So this coach only helps football players with the recruiting process or all athletes?

Does the high school not have a program in place to help all students with the college application process?

16 minutes ago, dayton said:

I'm sure the school counselors are there to help all students with college applications, scholarships, financial aid, etc.

Actually no, Mann helped kids in all sports. He was actually great at his job.

41 minutes ago, dayton said:

In GCCISD we have a College and Career Counselor on each high school campus. They are there for all students/athletes. Coaches do their part to guide and inform athletes.

I know we may not have the number of athletes being recruited, but it seems like a luxury to have a position that only focuses on football.

I ain't mad. I guess if you can afford to buy a Mercedes, you buy a Mercedes.

17 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

In GCCISD we have a College and Career Counselor on each high school campus. They are there for all students/athletes. Coaches do their part to guide and inform athletes.

I know we may not have the number of athletes being recruited, but it seems like a luxury to have a position that only focuses on football.

I ain't mad. I guess if you can afford to buy a Mercedes, you buy a Mercedes.

I think the job that Mann held is actually the same position you are describing. I think he worked with all students to get scholarships and gain admittance into college. He just also happened to be a coach also.

6 hours ago, Olballcoach1738 said:

If we're going off of twitter, coach Riordan has retweeted stuff from a different guy (coach Ro) who seems to be the recruiting coordinator. Or at least he tweets that he is. Though I have seen Nash bio say OC/college and career advisor. 

Maybe my source is wrong. Maybe it's not his brother...not sure.

10 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Maybe my source is wrong. Maybe it's not his brother...not sure.

Mann used to do it all, handled the recruiting across all sports and the college/career advising. Rio2 is Riordan's younger brother and the receivers coach. Ro2 is the kicking/special teams coach. Ro2 is handling some of the current football recruiting but he also tweets about our former football players too. Coach Nash actually has what Mann's official title was though.

It's hard to replace coach Mann with one person, but with a new defensive coordinator and the hiring of coach Nash as the "offensive coordinator" the staff may be stronger in general. Guess we'll have to wait until August to find out though.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Mann used to do it all, handled the recruiting across all sports and the college/career advising. Rio2 is Riordan's younger brother and the receivers coach. Ro2 is the kicking/special teams coach. Ro2 is handling some of the current football recruiting but he also tweets about our former football players too. Coach Nash actually has what Mann's official title was though.

It's hard to replace coach Mann with one person, but with a new defensive coordinator and the hiring of coach Nash as the "offensive coordinator" the staff may be stronger in general. Guess we'll have to wait until August to find out though.  

Thanks for the clarification. My info got crossed with all the  Coach Rio's and Ro's runnin' around at Crosby. Haha. I have a feeling Crosby won't miss a beat next season. Mann wasa big loss, but sounds like Nash is going to be a strong replacement. And don't forget Coach Riordon won a state championship as an OC. I'd imagine he's still got it in him.

Coach Mann was great at what he did, and I'm sure Crosby will miss him in that regard. As to why he "resigned", well, it's not really a secret. If you really want to know, ask anyone who knows or has a student at Crosby HS. You can also dig through twitter and find out too. Unfortunate choices were made, but hopefully Mann rebounds from this and lands on his feet. 

Well, Coach Rio2 has moved on to Flower Mound Marcus. Glad to see him get a 6A opportunity closer to home. Great coach and great educator also, will most certainly be missed. Coach Nash will be taking over the receiver coaching now.

On a lighter note, Sqwirl picked up two offers from Va. Tech and Auburn today to go with Mannie's offer from Ole' Miss after his de-commitment from A&M last night. Pretty impressive who's who of colleges coming through Crosby handing out offers today.

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, Coach Rio2 has moved on to Flower Mound Marcus. Glad to see him get a 6A opportunity closer to home. Great coach and great educator also, will most certainly be missed. Coach Nash will be taking over the receiver coaching now.

On a lighter note, Sqwirl picked up two offers from Va. Tech and Auburn today to go with Mannie's offer from Ole' Miss after his de-commitment from A&M last night. Pretty impressive who's who of colleges coming through Crosby handing out offers today.

How many offers does Mannie have total?

Kid is talented and has the attributes to really make a name for himself at the next level.