State Game 2016

wosfan1992

Guest ECBucFan

This is gonna be real interesting. I haven't followed the Twitter discussion, but my guess is that they will be forced to implement a workaround to accommodate the HS games Thur-Sat, and still have the NFL game Sunday, at AT&T,

By and large, the DFW folks failed to travel to Houston last year, and that probably tips the games back to Jerrys place. They will get rewarded for not showing up, ironically.  

On April 17, 2016 at 4:56 AM, ECBucFan said:

This is gonna be real interesting. I haven't followed the Twitter discussion, but my guess is that they will be forced to implement a workaround to accommodate the HS games Thur-Sat, and still have the NFL game Sunday, at AT&T,

By and large, the DFW folks failed to travel to Houston last year, and that probably tips the games back to Jerrys place. They will get rewarded for not showing up, ironically.  

I agree I like it better in Dallas , but I hate being told the DFW didn't make the trip to Houston or wouldn't want to. what about the greater Houston area and south east Texas area traveling all the way to Dallas?

Guest ECBucFan
On 4/17/2016 at 11:52 AM, RaiderRed30 said:

It will be back where it belongs at Cowboys in Tarrant County. 

Actually, it "belongs" to Texas high school football fans equally all across the state. 

38 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

I agree with ECBucFan, why should Dallas always get the games? It should be shared by Houston and  San Antonio as well. Just as many hotels and things to do in these cities. 

We all know the reason for the championships belonging in Dallas.  The Excusoplex was 0 for 2015 in State Championships.  GASP!  We can't have that.

27 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

We all know the reason for the championships belonging in Dallas.  The Excusoplex was 0 for 2015 in State Championships.  GASP!  We can't have that.

Some of them took credit for Brock (Weatherford) 22 miles west of Forth Worth but your statement is absolutely correct. They did not even make an effort to travel down to Houston, as they would have if held in Dallas. I stated it also back in December that the 10-12 K regular East Tx folk didn't show up either because they didn't have a horse in the race. Lol

1 hour ago, Jag Insider said:

I think a 2 year rotation between all 3 stadiums would be good for the game and as fair as you can be.  Hopefully it's back in Houston this year...

On 4/19/2016 at 10:59 PM, tennisbc said:

No, the real reason why DFW is MONEY.  The money is mostly in the DFW region and Jones loves money. It's not about better facility it's about the MONEY. You go where the money is, period.

NRG failed miserably. They did not take care of the teams, coaches, media or written press. The crowds were bad and yes, the money was down. The UIL is a business, and making money should be important. But regardless of how much money was lost, the fact is NRG hates hosting High School games and does a horrible job in game presentation should be the over riding factor. AT&T loves High School football and love him or hate him, Jerry Jones takes care of the teams, coaches, and media. And it is just a much more pleasurable experience, keep the games in DFW, I will be happy to make the drive.

Guest ECBucFan

KATY COACH:

Katy coach Gary Joseph has had teams play in state championships in both venues and each was "well-handled." He'd like to see the title game rotate between all three venues, because "it'd good for everybody."

Last season, no D-FW team won a state title, the first time that occurred in five years, leading to some questions about whether local schools have an advantage playing close to home.

"There is an effect," Joseph said. "There's no doubt. If there wasn't an effect people would play a whole bunch of road games. There's an effect on your fans, and on your kids.