Port Neches-Groves 3 Nederland 2/Final

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, cajundog123 said:

Very Good Baseball game. could have went either way.

The kid that got ejected let him mouth get him in trouble at the beach this past weekend. and it got him in trouble to night again. I think he should have got ejected. And then his dad must still wipe his butt for him coming on the field after he got ejected to try and save the day. let your kid grow up by himself.

Im sure your U of H coaches are proud of you bud! keep up the good work.

How does one get suspended from a school function for what may have happened at the beach. 

8 hours ago, cajundog123 said:

37 minutes ago, XDOG said:

How does one get suspended from a school function for what may have happened at the beach. 

It's what is called discipline in a program. Your actions on and off the field are a reflection of the program and your character. Obviously not in the program you were a part of!

1 hour ago, 3up-3down said:

It's what is called discipline in a program. Your actions on and off the field are a reflection of the program and your character. Obviously not in the program you were a part of!

It was a QUESTION  not a statement.  I fully agree with discipline and that you should be held responsible for your actions on and off the field. However your derogatory statement, uncalled for.

7 minutes ago, adminbaberuth said:

Witness many Mid County Madness baseball games over the last 35 years. 

No different than the others, one of the best and knowledgeable umpires in the area and a star draftable pitcher in the game. 

It is unreal that we are even having this discussion????

parent should be banned from future games and player should sit out some games

think about- kids gets just 1 game suspension for mip then f bombs the second batter in his 1st game back then gets tossed. What a week for him 

wonder what those scouts think. 

Let's see what the superintendent does. Remember his harsh statements about their soccer situation with bisd. 

This is just another example of the "participation award" generation. When I was playing baseball we had respect for the officials and coaches. Obviously not the norm now. Dad should be banned from future events IMHO. Kid better get his mouth under control or get a Golden Glove title. These actions will not be tolerated at the next level by either officials, coaches or players. 

4 minutes ago, 3up-3down said:

This is just another example of the "participation award" generation. When I was playing baseball we had respect for the officials and coaches. Obviously not the norm now. Dad should be banned from future events IMHO. Kid better get his mouth under control or get a Golden Glove title. These actions will not be tolerated at the next level by either officials, coaches or players. 

Good point. I think we have lost some of the respect of the game. 

Times change and I can understand it. But just 15 years ago I would bet you the home plate umpire and the Sr star pitcher would have been in over 50 games together including summer, high school and playoff's. Respect is earned on the field. 

3 hours ago, adminbaberuth said:

Witness many Mid County Madness baseball games over the last 35 years. 

No different than the others, one of the best and knowledgeable umpires in the area and a star draftable pitcher in the game. 

hmmmm. 

This is the hidden content, please

I'm not defending the kid's actions but after speaking to a few of the Nederland player's, the adrenaline had to be at an all time high in a rivalry game. The Nederland player said he told him "to sit his arse down"! And it was in a very animated way as he was fired up. As for as the dad going on the field. He never made it past the Indian dugout. So to say he was on the umpire is definately wrong. Coaches and player's talked him off the field. We don't know if he was going to get his son off the field or what. So many assumptions! I'm sure the dad was all over his son afterward's. We've seen Nederland player's go to jail and get tickets and still play so don't act like this dont happen in Nederland either. I guarantee you several of kid's from both team's were at the beach drinking but didnt get caught. As parent's we dont know everything our kid's do outside of our presense. Their is a kid in the pro's and at a bigtime school right now that did way more than get an MIP. Kid's do a lot of stupid thing's that we cant always control. I'm sure there will be some kind of discipline for both father and son though. I had a problem with Leckich pitching Tuesday and then pitching last night. The coach took him out after 4 innings and he was dominating so he had to be concerned about the amount of pitches in 2 days. Then when Henry gets tossed he brings him back in. And it was also a cold night. I guess the win is more important than the kid's future at Baylor. His parents were highly upset in the stands when they put him in. My other question was why was PNG bunting with one out with runners on 1st and 2nd with their best hitter up? That really made no sense. I'm the coach could hear the fan's. Discipline has definately changed since Stone left! I assure you the next coach will be a highly disciplined man. No doubt in my mind who it will be! And he was a highly animated guy when he pitched. Another rumor was a bunch of scouts left when Henry got tossed. The scouts were not there last night so not sure who started that rumor. The scouts know when Henry is pitching so they were not there. There in contact with his dad daily! Personally I wanna beat a team when they have their best players on the field so Im not sure why there was so much talk about him playing. I can name a few Nederland guys that played when they maybe shouldn't have.

47 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

I'm not defending the kid's actions but after speaking to a few of the Nederland player's, the adrenaline had to be at an all time high in a rivalry game. The Nederland player said he told him "to sit his arse down"! And it was in a very animated way as he was fired up. As for as the dad going on the field. He never made it past the Indian dugout. So to say he was on the umpire is definately wrong. Coaches and player's talked him off the field. We don't know if he was going to get his son off the field or what. So many assumptions! I'm sure the dad was all over his son afterward's. We've seen Nederland player's go to jail and get tickets and still play so don't act like this dont happen in Nederland either. I guarantee you several of kid's from both team's were at the beach drinking but didnt get caught. As parent's we dont know everything our kid's do outside of our presense. Their is a kid in the pro's and at a bigtime school right now that did way more than get an MIP. Kid's do a lot of stupid thing's that we cant always control. I'm sure there will be some kind of discipline for both father and son though. I had a problem with Leckich pitching Tuesday and then pitching last night. The coach took him out after 4 innings and he was dominating so he had to be concerned about the amount of pitches in 2 days. Then when Henry gets tossed he brings him back in. And it was also a cold night. I guess the win is more important than the kid's future at Baylor. His parents were highly upset in the stands when they put him in. My other question was why was PNG bunting with one out with runners on 1st and 2nd with their best hitter up? That really made no sense. I'm the coach could hear the fan's. Discipline has definately changed since Stone left! I assure you the next coach will be a highly disciplined man. No doubt in my mind who it will be! And he was a highly animated guy when he pitched. Another rumor was a bunch of scouts left when Henry got tossed. The scouts were not there last night so not sure who started that rumor. The scouts know when Henry is pitching so they were not there. There in contact with his dad daily! Personally I wanna beat a team when they have their best players on the field so Im not sure why there was so much talk about him playing. I can name a few Nederland guys that played when they maybe shouldn't have.

Perfect 

Eagle91-

Name them.  You can't just lob an accusation like that and move on.  Who from Nederland should not have been able to play because of a similar infraction?  

Regardless of the answer, it is unfortunate that the kid was ejected.  Heat of the moment, things happen, words are said, etc. I don't think a warning would have been out of line in that instance.  But, there is zero justification for a parent to charge onto the field. None.  And, please don't insult anyone's intelligence by saying that he did not make it past the dugout or he was going to get his son.  That is definitely not what occurred or how PNG administration construed it.

You know for sure he didn't make it past the dugout! Unless your blind! I just made the comment we don't know what he was doing. He never made it to the umpire so that for sure is a false accusation. And no doubt he was wrong. I've seen this somewhere else and the police hauled the guy off. So don't get confused with what I'm saying. The father is highly temperamental and sometimes we do stuff for our kid's that are insane. I don't throw name's out on social media just for the hell of it. So I will refrain from that. I've been around awhile so I have seen plenty. But those same young men are doing good things now. I never said he shouldn't have been kicked out of the game. Some people may get a kick out of flaming KID'S on social media but I don't. Their gonna make mistakes.  As for as PNG's administation goes believe me I know for a fact the Superintendant has had a rough week dealing with the situation leading up to the game. And I know Cavness is on top of this. We have a top notch Supt. and I guarantee you he will handle it his way. I'm not here to argue just here to state facts. 

*Mod edit - language* - 1st warning.

Edited by bigdog
lang

I never said he made it past the dugout.  Your post seemed to imply that since he did not make it past the dugout that it wasn't a big deal.  I don't think anyone at that ballpark believed he was going out on the field to discipline his son and I feel pretty certain Cavness did not believe that, either.  I'll agree with you on Cavness, he is top notch and some friends of the baseball program may not be pleased with how he deals with this situation.

As for flaming kids on social media, you said you were certain that other PNG and Nederland players were at the beach drinking, but did not get caught and should not have been playing.  I guess it is okay to flame everyone as guilty by association and then hide behind some sense of moral superiority that you are not going to "throw names out on social media just for the hell of it."  Based on that response, I'll just assume the answer is you don't know anything about the lives and times of the kids from both PNG and Nederland who were not arrested or cited over spring break.

Nederlander,

You have your own way of reading and comprehending. I never stated that several player's were at the beach drinking and shouldn't have been playing. I was saying some get caught some don't. And I don't hide from anything so whatever. You dont know what I know or who I know. I assume your a kid that just wants to go back in forth on the computer.

You would think AT LEAST a few game suspension for the kid and no more Dad at events for the year

problem is now mip= 1 game suspension and f bombs =? And a parent losing it, hopping the fence and going toward the Ump =?

we will see how much on top of it the PNG peeps are. They are setting examples that all other athletes will receive.  Now all student athletes who get a mip get no ISS and 1 game suspension??.

This is not the first time this year the dad has went after an umpire. He followed an ump out to the parking lot and threatened him after one game. The man needs to be banned from any event anywhere his son is playing. He is a loose cannon and his kid does no wrong. He has even threatened certain higher ups.

1 hour ago, Coach85 said:

This is not the first time this year the dad has went after an umpire. He followed an ump out to the parking lot and threatened him after one game. The man needs to be banned from any event anywhere his son is playing. He is a loose cannon and his kid does no wrong. He has even threatened certain higher ups.

Did he get all the way into the parking lot? Or was he stopped by players and coaches after just a few steps into the lot. Because it sounds like there is a considerable difference in the minds of some. 

• Bigdog locked this topic