Goose Creek Memorial 2 Port Neches-Groves 1/Final

PNG1977

Moralez is a player. He swung the bat well. Very good pitcher, doubt he ever topped 83 but kept PNG off balance. Lekich, after the rough 1st inning settled in well. 

Henry for PNG can bring it. He was 92 for his two innings. He's the hardest thrower I've seen this year besides McMillion from Jasper who was legit 95-96.

2 minutes ago, Regal13 said:

PNG has a really good team. You must be able to manufacture runs. No attempt by coach until 1 out in the last. 

You must not have been at the game. 3rd baseman playing right down their throats, so bunting was not a solid option. Not to mention only 2 base runners for PNG before the 7th. GCM had a good game plan and this game was what it was billed to be. Close game between two of the top teams in district 22-5A.

12 minutes ago, CajunFried said:

You must not have been at the game. 3rd baseman playing right down their throats, so bunting was not a solid option. Not to mention only 2 base runners for PNG before the 7th. GCM had a good game plan and this game was what it was billed to be. Close game between two of the top teams in district 22-5A.

Believe PNG did make a move midway, SS made great pickup and tag of PNG runner on stolen base attempt. 

5 minutes ago, adminbaberuth said:

Believe PNG did make a move midway, SS made great pickup and tag of PNG runner on stolen base attempt. 

On a straight steal attempt. No hit and run or bunt. The kid that got thrown out is fast and he was dead from the get go. Even with the bad throw and SS play they got him. 

Not taking anything away from GCM pitchers but PNG can't hit a beach ball right now. Lee committed a lot of errors when we played them Tuesday but up until last Friday night against Hampshire Fannette, they had not had more then 4 hits in a game. I said on another thread that this would be what kept PNG from a district title. I'm hoping they can turn it around and start playing like they are capable of playing.

39 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

Not taking anything away from GCM pitchers but PNG can't hit a beach ball right now. Lee committed a lot of errors when we played them Tuesday but up until last Friday night against Hampshire Fannette, they had not had more then 4 hits in a game. I said on another thread that this would be what kept PNG from a district title. I'm hoping they can turn it around and start playing like they are capable of playing.

I think PNG's offense will be fine.  I don't think we are giving enough credit to the pitching of Morales of GCM.  He might not throw in the upper 80s but he is a crafty pitcher who does a good job of keeping batters off balance.  Combine that with his batting and he might be the early MVP of 22-5A.  JMO

7 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

I think PNG's offense will be fine.  I don't think we are giving enough credit to the pitching of Morales of GCM.  He might not throw in the upper 80s but he is a crafty pitcher who does a good job of keeping batters off balance.  Combine that with his batting and he might be the early MVP of 22-5A.  JMO

I wasn't just talking about last night. Even during all the tournaments PNG did not hit like a team with this amount of talent should. They didn't have more then 4 hits in a game up until they played Hampshire Fannette And Memorial Friday night. Hopefully they will turn it around quickly.