Silsbee Tigers state finals fall short of expectations

Really good articles, it good to see the community of Silsbee supporting the Tigers and all the support the injured young man received was great! Look to see you guys next year congrats on a great season and you should feel honored to live in a town that show much love! Congrats.

This was a thoroughly interesting season.  I enjoyed it all the way through.  We didn't win it all but we finally got past the state semi final game.  I enjoyed the seniors; gonna miss them.  But sooner or later someone will step up.  At the beginning of the season I was worried about replacing Chris Elam.  If the state semi final game can be won, the state championship can be won also, one day.  Hopefully soon.  Maybe next year.  Still a great season.  Thank you.

Yep.  I checked; I didn't see any games during the 2014-15 season.  I follow the team every year on this board, but if you don't attend any games it is hard to really know and get a feel for the roster.  It is next to impossible.

They didn't play many games in the Houston area that I could attend.  They blew out Scarborough in Houston area somewhere.  That was on a Friday night and I don't go to games on Friday.  They played Wheatley that following Tuesday in channel view.  I had some car problems I was concerned about and didn't go.  They then played Mexia and Houston Sterling in Huntsville, but I didn't attend those games either, for the same reason I didn't go to the Scarborough game.

Silsbee had only one senior in 2014 2015, Michael Williams.  No disrespect, but I do not remember him on the court.  

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Wy not ? They pretty much did it this year and they will be a lot better and deeper next year.! 

I don't know if we will be deeper next year.  We lose three in that top 10 man rotation and have a few coming in.  It's also hard to say we will be better.  Once again all these kids will have to buy into their rolls and gell together. I sure hope they do it was fun to watch them this year and looking forward to next year.

5 hours ago, ST413 said:

I don't know if we will be deeper next year.  We lose three in that top 10 man rotation and have a few coming in.  It's also hard to say we will be better.  Once again all these kids will have to buy into their rolls and gell together. I sure hope they do it was fun to watch them this year and looking forward to next year.

That ten man bench was nice.  I saw Silsbee teams in the past that would run up the score for three quarters then the other team would come back. Silsbee would win, but only by 10 or something like that.  I saw a Silsbee game in Mt Belvieu like that, against Cleveland (no, it was not in Beaumont at the Montagne Center). They had a 40 pt lead on them at one time, then Cleveland came back and almost made it a game.   i think that was the same year Silsbee had a thirteen pt lead on HJ in the regional finals game, then lost.  HJ went on to win state.  Winfred Harper's son played guard on that team.  He was good.  They had a big football player playing post, (silsbee did).  He went to Oklahoma state on a football scholy) Haven't heard from him since.  Many are called, but few are chosen.  

That didn't happen this year.  

Ahmad Jones. That was him.  I used to go sunday school, with Oliver Jones, back when I went to church in Silsbee.  I'm thinking there is a family connection.  I spoke with Ahmad's parents at that game.  We knew each other in high school, even before that.  Never mind that 'many are called..' line.  excelling down in those trenches is more than a notion.  Glad to hear Ahmad is do his thing.