Coaching Carousel

24 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

IF they BOTH wanted it who do YOU think would get it? Come on, now....Really?...and I'm not saying that's going to be the destination, I'm just saying.

Real question is if Dickie V and English wanted the job....who would get it?  NO BRAINER!!!

14 minutes ago, Bmt_4now said:

But will Boutte take it, it will have to be real money! I mean real money

I think the money will come no matter what. I would have to think at this point in his career its about the overall situation...What's best for him right now. He knows how to build and will have success wherever he goes, but I don't believe that money will be a problem.

2 hours ago, Dick Vitale said:

Wrong on one, maybe right on the other...Coleman did a good job this season at Memorial. Young team. He's not going anywhere, unless he takes another job on his own, and I doubt that he wants to leave right now anyway...Boutte will be on familiar territory though if what I'm hearing is accurate...That's all I'm saying about that! LOL

Record was 13-17   Yes young team, but is that considered good now 

9 minutes ago, eknights88 said:

Record was 13-17   Yes young team, but is that considered good now 

I thought they were above .500, right? They were in 1st place with three games to go in district, I know that...Let me check that record, because I didn't think they were overall below .500...Besides, what do you have against Coach Coleman? Were you wanting that job or something? Just asking...

Coach Coleman did a good job with a young club at Memorial and definitely deserves to retain that job, he was a questionable call away from beating Ozen early in the season this year and seemed to have the kids buying in to what he is doing. I know Coach Boutte is a heck of a coach but it's hard to argue with what Coach English has done with programs at Vidor and Nederland. From what I've saw with the West Brook clubs the last few years it may be tougher to get them competitive in 6a than it was Nederland and Vidor in 5a. If that were the 2 choices West Brook had they couldn't lose in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

How about NCAA rings? Do they count? Conference Championships, Elite Eights, Sweet Sixteen? Not a lot of guys have the ones that I do....YOU went there, I just responded...At SOME point the hatred toward me MUST stop! SMH...

Are we counting participation ribbons now?

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 0:03 PM, MOSSHILL said:

He is very much both. One of the best offensive football minds I have ever been around.

Sorry, but kountze only won 2 games this year. And also 1st time in school history they didn't have a JV team. Didn't look very football minded to me. Sorry. Somebody has gotta get in there and get some of these kids back motivated.