Silsbee hires Cypress Ranch OC Randy Smith

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

BC will be chasing Silsbee into end zone as always. No need to start drams here. I'm sure the WRs will get there fair share of passes and Silsbee will have the stable of running backs to run the ball. Also, a new QB could be in town before next school year. 

I believe Silsbee will be the front runner this year. With Navasota head coach leaving it opens some question marks how good they will be.

40 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I swear that dude drives a wrecker for Guilbeaux's. 

I don't have to keep wondering what happened to Kevin's big brother on the original Home Alone. 

Eddie Munster wants his hair back. 

His double chin has a strong side AND a weak side.

Your that guy.  Figures.

My brother drives a wrecker.  *W*An*A

6 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

Sounds good, but Silsbee WR's  are the most talented on the team for next year. What's gonna happen now turn receivers into running backs! He's in Silsbee now and that means throwing the ball more, but we'll c

Their go to receiver was a beast last year and holds multiple SEC offers, he only had 34 catches and they played 12 or 13 games. Look at a kid named Collin Rock's hudl film and you'll kind of see how they've operated the last couple of years. 

3 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

That's right, the way we won in college was putting some of our best athlete on special teams! Most high school put the players that doesn't play that much on special teams! I was always thought if you win 2 phases of the game you usually win the game so if Silsbee can score points maybe put some athletes on special teams and force fumbles and win that phase and that also keep ur defense off the field and fresh! Maybe they could maintain that way! Just a thought! Lol

That's exactly right. Kinda like Huffman did to Silsbee @ the Silsbee homecoming. The second onside kick they recovered was just overkill, in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You said 32-8 earlier.... Are you trying to squeeze one in on us?

i thought you said the job was Mackey's? I thought you had more pull than that....

Never said it was his. He was who I wanted to get the job.

He was recommended.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Never said it was his. He was who I wanted to get the job.

He was recommended.

What are your thoughts on the hire, Mike? Do you feel as though the board of trustees made the right decision here?

Hate to bust Silsbee fans bubble but this guy didn't even call the plays at Cy-Ranch and got turned down for the head job at the new high school out in cypress(Cypress Park)....was a top 3 finalist and got beat out by the OC at Cy-Falls one of the reasons he wasn't considered was because he didn't call plays at Ranch the Head Coach did. But it's not a bad hire IMO just a little insight for you guys...

18 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Hate to bust Silsbee fans bubble but this guy didn't even call the plays at Cy-Ranch and got turned down for the head job at the new high school out in cypress(Cypress Park)....was a top 3 finalist and got beat out by the OC at Cy-Falls one of the reasons he wasn't considered was because he didn't call plays at Ranch the Head Coach did. But it's not a bad hire IMO just a little insight for you guys...

Somebody did their homework and somebody didn't, hopefully this guy isn't using Silsbee as a stepping stone! Looking at all the schools he has coached, he just doesn't seem to be a 20 year guy to me!

1 hour ago, Bmt_4now said:

Somebody did their homework and somebody didn't, hopefully this guy isn't using Silsbee as a stepping stone! Looking at all the schools he has coached, he just doesn't seem to be a 20 year guy to me!

Those 20 yr guys are almost a thing of the past. 

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

My only concern is that he had this success with one of the saltiest defenses in the state the last couple of years backing him up and I know Silsbee's has struggled recently in that area.    

Judging from his past coaching gigs he is an O-line guru.  

Been part of dominant teams with great "salty" defenses (Corsicana 2011-12 & Cy-Ranch 2014-15), had to pick up something.

Also, Silsbee has an apparent vacancy on staff w/ Woodard retiring. Maybe he convinces a young, aspiring wide receivers/special teams football coach (M.Allen) to join him.  With our special teams nightmares in 2016, it couldn't hurt.

Food for thought....