Silsbee hires Cypress Ranch OC Randy Smith

26 minutes ago, Scatright said:

Was this a surprise? I remember on the other thread that Aggies was insinuating that it would be an inside job. This seems pretty much as outside as they could've gone.

I believe He just gave his input on who deserved a shot from the current coaching staff. 

Offensive Coordinator, Varsity O-Line Coach, Assistant Track

This is Randy Smith’s second year coaching at Cypress Ranch High School. Coach Smith came from Corsicana where his team reached the playoff four years in a row. He has also coached in Athens for six years as a football and power lifting coach, one year in Conroe as a football coach, and one year in Giddings as a Football, Basketball and Track Coach. Coach Smith teaches Health at Cypress Ranch High School.

6 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

The fact that he was an OC hopefully leans towards keeping most of the current staff.  Of course, his call if changes need to be made.

He will most likely bring a few guys with him depending on what the board approves and or requests of him regarding this current staff and the one he choses to bring on board.

I only seen Cy Ranch vs. Allen a couple years ago at Jerry's world and when I seen them they went no huddle, (not fast) but certainly was a single back look 80% of the time with 2 wides one side/ 1 on the other and a flanker (lead blocker) or passes out of the backfield into flats or middle out routes. He's coached for a while and has proven himself worthy. I think it was a great hire, the little that I know. He'll have plenty of talent to work with for sure.

I know Silsbee was looking for someone long term and I'm surprised that they didn't hire in house or at least from the area! This coach has done a lot of moving around hopefully he was just look for the right head coaching job and hopefully Silsbee is the right fit! Don't wanna c another opening after a couple years! Good luck to Silsbee!

7 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

He will most likely bring a few guys with him depending on what the board approves and or requests of him regarding this current staff and the one he choses to bring on board.

I only seen Cy Ranch vs. Allen a couple years ago at Jerry's world and when I seen them they went no huddle, (not fast) but certainly was a single back look 80% of the time with 2 wides one side/ 1 on the other and a flanker (lead blocker) or passes out of the backfield into flats or middle out routes. He's coached for a while and has proven himself worthy. I think it was a great hire, the little that I know. He'll have plenty of talent to work with for sure.

Just watched some video of Cy Ranch offense. You are correct on the offense. I noticed there was not very many bubble screens being called. He does like those intermediate routes and QB draws