Silsbee hires Cypress Ranch OC Randy Smith

11 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

I know at WOS all games mean something. Guessing that's y'all problem in Silsbee some game are meaningless. #ILoveStirringThePot......So I'm guessing the SC game was meaningless as well......Kmsl...To bad the fans wasnt as clean as the Game. Did you know one of WOS Students Got in a Fight with a Grown man after the Basketball Game in Silsbee? I'm gald it wasnt my kid fighting a grown men. #ItWouldveBeenABigProblemInSilsbee

Would there have been a problem if your kid had started the fight.  The reason I ask is because I instigated a few fights with "grown men" when I was in high school.  My mom and dad never got involved even after knowing about them.  The way they looked at it is the same way I look at it now.  If you big enough to challenge a grown man, then you are big enough to fight your own battles. And if the kid gets whipped, then they deserved it.   Now, if the adult started a fight with a kid, then that's another story.

2 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Would there have been a problem if your kid had started the fight.  The reason I ask is because I instigated a few fights with "grown men" when I was in high school.  My mom and dad never got involved even after knowing about them.  The way they looked at it is the same way I look at it now.  If you big enough to challenge a grown man, then you are big enough to fight your own battles. And if the kid gets whipped, then they deserved it.   Now, if the adult started a fight with a kid, then that's another story.

My kid better not disrespect a grown up EVER.  An if he did AND I FOUND OUT he will be dealth with by me and his mother. A kid is a kid and a grown up is a grown up and should never put there hands on a Kid. Plus a kid should stay in a kid place. If my kid did start a fight with a grown up and the grown up puts his hands on my kids. That grown up going to have a BIG PROBLEM WITH ME. AN ONETHING ABOUT ME I WOULD DUE A LIFE SENTENCE BEHIND MY KIDS. DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU THO. From what you said I can tell you Breed from a different cloth then I was

42 minutes ago, Kj Dad said:

Who are you for me to answer your question? Last I check you're not my father to where I have to answer to you Soulja1. 

You don't have to answer, and I figured you'd say that.  That's why I asked.  A very expected response.    When you're confused and don't know the answer, you ask a question of your own to deflect the attention.  But whatever.  

On 3/22/2016 at 11:48 AM, MBaller#1 said:

Silsbee has a chance to do some big things in 4a if everyone buys in to the new coaches program a if Silsbee'sdefense doesn't wear down in  the second half against wo-s then the Tigers could have easily won that game I think the changes will benefit silsbee it's time to stop settling for second and third round playoff exits and start trying to win state titles 

As this thread appears to be losing it's usefulness, I would be remiss if I didn't note that the above was the first mention of West Orange-Stark in this thread and appeared to be what touched off the WO-S vs. Silsbee tiff (or least this last round of it).  This leads me to the moral of this story (a moral that I contemplated doing specifically, but found is universally true):

If you don't want another school or school district in your thread, don't put another school or school district in your thread.

Now, in an effort (although probably a futile one) to get this thread back to it's original intent, I again wish Coach Smith and the Tigers the best of luck.  He already possesses the good fortune of not having to rebuild a program as many in the area do covet the program in Silsbee as it exists now.  Of course, the Tigers under Coach Smith will not be the same as it was under Coach McGallion...that happens, it is part of the game. Mr. Green Jeans and Pepper Brooks said it best, that Coach Smith's success will go only as far as the community's willingness to buy into whatever stamp he puts on it.  Silsbee folks, regardless of who you supported, Randy Smith is your coach.  The success of your youth and your school are directly tied to his.  Be patient with him, ideas that he has right now may not be the same ideas once the Tigers hit the field this fall and may not remain the whole season.  This area is filled with coaches who came in with an idea of how their team could be operated only to realize quickly that those ideas wouldn't work and adapted.  Coach Smith will do what is best for the Silsbee program, football and otherwise.

25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You don't have to answer, and I figured you'd say that.  That's why I asked.  A very expected response.    When you're confused and don't know the answer, you ask a question of your own to deflect the attention.  But whatever.  

Lol.....very much confused. Why ask questions when you knew what the answer was gonna be. Mrs. Mind Reader

30 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

As this thread appears to be losing it's usefulness, I would be remiss if I didn't note that the above was the first mention of West Orange-Stark in this thread and appeared to be what touched off the WO-S vs. Silsbee tiff (or least this last round of it).  This leads me to the moral of this story (a moral that I contemplated doing specifically, but found is universally true):

If you don't want another school or school district in your thread, don't put another school or school district in your thread.

Now, in an effort (although probably a futile one) to get this thread back to it's original intent, I again wish Coach Smith and the Tigers the best of luck.  He already possesses the good fortune of not having to rebuild a program as many in the area do covet the program in Silsbee as it exists now.  Of course, the Tigers under Coach Smith will not be the same as it was under Coach McGallion...that happens, it is part of the game. Mr. Green Jeans and Pepper Brooks said it best, that Coach Smith's success will go only as far as the community's willingness to buy into whatever stamp he puts on it.  Silsbee folks, regardless of who you supported, Randy Smith is your coach.  The success of your youth and your school are directly tied to his.  Be patient with him, ideas that he has right now may not be the same ideas once the Tigers hit the field this fall and may not remain the whole season.  This area is filled with coaches who came in with an idea of how their team could be operated only to realize quickly that those ideas wouldn't work and adapted.  Coach Smith will do what is best for the Silsbee program, football and otherwise.

Right

1 hour ago, Kj Dad said:

My kid better not disrespect a grown up EVER.  An if he did AND I FOUND OUT he will be dealth with by me and his mother. A kid is a kid and a grown up is a grown up and should never put there hands on a Kid. Plus a kid should stay in a kid place. If my kid did start a fight with a grown up and the grown up puts his hands on my kids. That grown up going to have a BIG PROBLEM WITH ME. AN ONETHING ABOUT ME I WOULD DUE A LIFE SENTENCE BEHIND MY KIDS. DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU THO. From what you said I can tell you Breed from a different cloth then I was

Yea we are different.  If someone is big enough to be bumping their gums and starting fights with adults, then they are big enough to get their butt kicked and not have Daddy fight their battles.

5 hours ago, Kj Dad said:

Now I am definitely with you on this.  Now lets say this kid in the situation is one of these sure enough built athletes 17 years old ant they start the physicality,  how is the adult to respond?