Kingwood Park 44 Nederland 41/Final

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

TxHoops believe me when i say this Ozen will be back AGAIN and probably deeper than this years team and i know thats saying alot..legitimate guards who can fill it up and bigs ...dont say i didnt tell you lol 

You must know something I don't...one thing Ozen & Central will be missing is that star player I don't see any of the youngsters be able to fulfill that role. 

4 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

You must know something I don't...one thing Ozen & Central will be missing is that star player I don't see any of the youngsters be able to fulfill that role. 

Just believe me when i say this ...no "STAR" needed this will be a complete team effort...

5 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

Your question has nothing to do with our debate your bringing up what other coaches have done and ignoring the obvious. I never said you had to win a state title to be considered a good coach either.

Actually it DOES. If you answer it, you will make my point. You know that I know what I'm talking about, I need you to think about the question more carefully. The debate is about YOUR definition of a coach being average versus really good or great. It's a VERY relevant question. 

17 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Actually it DOES. If you answer it, you will make my point. You know that I know what I'm talking about, I need you to think about the question more carefully. The debate is about YOUR definition of a coach being average versus really good or great. It's a VERY relevant question. 

No my debate is simple....take English's name off his resume look at it and ask yourself is it that of a great coach, good coach, average coach or bad coach? I based my answer solely off his results not that he could/would do anywhere else. You can't honestly look at English resume and say that it's one of a great coach I'm just not buying it.

Also you mention that no other coach in SETX had a better body of work than English which is totally absurd IMO.

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Just believe me when i say this ...no "STAR" needed this will be a complete team effort...

I'm just going off history...all of Ozen's better teams had a star. The years Ozen hasn't had a star player 2011-2012 Ozen finished like 3rd in the district with multiple losses to Central & Ned. Ozen definitely need to find a star for next year mamba I'm not impressed with a lot of the younger kids on the team. Just look at last night's game I'm almost positive Boyd & Comeaux were responsible for about 90% of Ozen's points last night. I hope we're getting a stud from the 8th grade.

8 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

No my debate is simple....take English's name off his resume look at it and ask yourself is it that of a great coach, good coach, average coach or bad coach? I based my answer solely off his results not that he could/would do anywhere else. You can't honestly look at English resume and say that it's one of a great coach I'm just not buying it.

Also you mention that no other coach in SETX had a better body of work than English which is totally absurd IMO.

Not true...I made it clear what I was saying. Marquis Savaet has more district titles and a regional championship. Todd Sutherland is in another league altogether. But what English has done at two sub par schools is a heck of an accomplishment. Again, love it or hate it, it's just true.

5 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

I'm still waiting on you Nederland folks to tell me 5 good opponents Nederland beat in the past two years...but their an contender? Lol smh come on 

Big Sandy, Kountze both years, HJ Both years, Brazosport this year who just won and moved on to the 3rd round. They beat some decent teams man. 

2 minutes ago, HSbballFan said:

Big Sandy, Kountze both years, HJ Both years, Brazosport this year who just won and moved on to the 3rd round. They beat some decent teams man. 

Lmaoooo you named 3 schools thats not even in the same classification as Ned says it all right there. If Ozen beat on Big Sandy, HJ, & Kountze every year we would get killed. Get out of here

4 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Not true...I made it clear what I was saying. Marquis Savaet has more district titles and a regional championship. Todd Sutherland is in another league altogether. But what English has done at two sub par schools is a heck of an accomplishment. Again, love it or hate it, it's just true.

Lol whats your definition of subpar Walt? Cause IMO Ned is still subpar and so was Vidor when English was there.

5 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Lmaoooo you named 3 schools thats not even in the same classification as Ned says it all right there. If Ozen beat on Big Sandy, HJ, & Kountze every year we would get killed. Get out of here

I don't know that Ozen could beat big Sandy this year. I've watched a fair amount of Basketball  and Ktz could hang if not beat Ozen this year as well. I'm not knocking ozen I hope you guys win out and head to state. But A good team is a good team and they (big sandy) beat a few 5A schools this year who are still playing right now. 

3 minutes ago, HSbballFan said:

I don't know that Ozen could beat big Sandy this year. I've watched a fair amount of Basketball  and Ktz could hang if not beat Ozen this year as well. I'm not knocking ozen I hope you guys win out and head to state. But A good team is a good team and they (big sandy) beat a few 5A schools this year who are still playing right now. 

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not really funny.  Nederland was winning big against Ozen in both meetings and Ozen had to come fro. Behind...  And I believe Big Sandy is better than Nederland.  But now, the way that Ozen has been playing these last 4 games, Big Sandy wouldn't win...

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Actually, Nederland played Big Sandy twice this year.  And lost both times.  

He said " I'm still waiting on you Nederland folks to tell me 5 good opponents Nederland beat in the past two year." But yes you are correct sir a 1 point loss and then a 3 point loss in the HJ tournament. 

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not really funny.  Nederland was winning big against Ozen in both meetings and Ozen had to come fro. Behind...  And I believe Big Sandy is better than Nederland.  But now, the way that Ozen has been playing these last 4 games, Big Sandy wouldn't win...

I haven't had a chance to see Ozen play a good game. I've only witnessed the Ned games this year and I wasn't impressed. i'll take your word for it but I think it would be a lot closer game than at ozen's finest thinks. Same with the Ktz game if Ozen played Ktz the way they played against Ned. Arnold would drop 30 and it'd be another close game. 

18 minutes ago, HSbballFan said:

He said " I'm still waiting on you Nederland folks to tell me 5 good opponents Nederland beat in the past two year." But yes you are correct sir a 1 point loss and then a 3 point loss in the HJ tournament. 

I gotcha.  I wish Saveat would take Sigler up on his offer to play them.  My bet is we would hear a little less about losing to teams from lower classifications afterwards. 

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I gotcha.  I wish Saveat would take Sigler up on his offer to play them.  My bet is we would hear a little less about losing to teams from lower classifications afterwards. 

Lol Silsbee wouldn't beat Ozen...Ozen would beat Silsbee easily what is Silsbee going to do? Press Ozen all game yeah right that kind of ball only works on teams that don't have good guards I.E Central...Keep in mind hoops Bush beat Silsbee by 30 points and we all saw what happened last night.