UIL reshuffling forces end of annual Beaumont Bowl

hsforlife89

1 hour ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Flanigan messaged me that he doesn't know how they could work it out. I'm extremely surprised BISD didn't ask him to drop Deer Park and get Central to drop St. Pius in week 1.

That's the only way it would work.  I feel for the Seniors on both teams next year.  How do you crown a Beaumont Bowl Champion?  You can't...

Not a Beaumonter, but I don't see the problem with this, especially in the grand scheme of things.

Flanigan has a duty to prepare his team to be the best he can be.  To play the best and prepare them for a possible playoff run.  Playing Ozen and Central every year, just because you can claim a worthless Beaumont Bowl championship, doesn't do that.

57 minutes ago, LastCall said:

Not a Beaumonter, but I don't see the problem with this, especially in the grand scheme of things.

Flanigan has a duty to prepare his team to be the best he can be.  To play the best and prepare them for a possible playoff run.  Playing Ozen and Central every year, just because you can claim a worthless Beaumont Bowl championship, doesn't do that.

ouch.  Now Tradition is worthless?  Run that by the 'Stangs and see how that goes down...

On 2/20/2016 at 2:02 AM, ShlyKBMT said:

Flanigan messaged me that he doesn't know how they could work it out. I'm extremely surprised BISD didn't ask him to drop Deer Park and get Central to drop St. Pius in week 1.

Why tick off two teams when it's easier to just drop one? It's hard to lose that rivalry game, but it can be resurrected in two years.

Same position GCCISD is in.