Silsbee 95 West Orange-Stark 49/Final

WOSgrad

The Silsbee Tigers wrap up their 2015-16 regular season as they host the West Orange-Stark Mustangs tonight.  The Tigers, 24-5 on the season, improved their district record to 11-0 and wrapped up the 24-4A District Championship with a 95-64 win over Hardin-Jefferson last Friday.  Meanwhile, the Mustangs, 9-16 on the season, moved their district record to 5-6 with a 60-45 win over Little Cypress-Mauriceville on Friday.  Silsbee took the first meeting of the season between these two, 107-68, back on January 22nd in West Orange.

Tonight is also Senior Night in Silsbee as seniors Dontre Thomas, Rick Maze, Tre Grubbs and Luke Tanton will be honored before the game.

Join Mike Sanchez for all of the action from the Tiger Den in Silsbee beginning at 7:20 pm by clicking on the following player:

Follow Silsbee Tiger athletics on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Does WOS have to win this in order to get 3rd place or are they locked for the playoffs?

A win would give them the 4th and final spot. A loss coupled with an LC-M win over Orangefield tonight would put them two tied for 4th.

Talked with WO-S Coach Hancock and he says if they end up tied with LC-M for 4th, play in game will be Friday night at Orangefield.

Score by quarters

1            2             3               4              tot

WO-S                     8           17           11             13              49

Silsbee                 23           24           22             26              95

FT %

WO-S                  11/22       50%

SIL                       16/30      53%

3 Point %

WO-S                  6/23        26%

SIL                     10/31       32%

Rebounds

WO-S                 28

SIL                     43

Turnovers

WO-S                28

SIL                    16

Fouls

WO-S                24

SIL                    19

Individual scoring

WO-S

KJ Miller                      14

Thomas Wallace          14

Bretlin Wiley                  7

Corey Skinner               7

Jaron Morris                  4

Jalon Mathews              3

Silsbee

Trajan Harris                  21 (5/9 three's, 4/6 FT)

Devon McCain               13 (12 reb., 5 assists)

Kalon Barnes                  12 (13 reb.)

Jordyn Adams                 10 (3/8 three's)

Rick Maze                        9 (3/8 three's)

Tre Grubbs                       7

Bruce Newton                  6

Dontre Thomas                6

Luke Tanton                      5 (7 reb., 4 blocks)

Adonis Thomas                2

Jadon Bass                      2

Kolten Mackey                 2

Bush and Jones was at the game to watch there buddies play. Don't think they are worried about fitting in because they know they can play and help Silsbee next year. I tell you this if a certain coach comes to Silsbee for football it will be a lock for Jones, Bush is coming back I asked him myself at the game and he said he cant wait for next year so it will be definitely interesting.

3 hours ago, thegoat said:

Bush and Jones was at the game to watch there buddies play. Don't think they are worried about fitting in because they know they can play and help Silsbee next year. I tell you this if a certain coach comes to Silsbee for football it will be a lock for Jones, Bush is coming back I asked him myself at the game and he said he cant wait for next year so it will be definitely interesting.

I also talked with Jones dad at the game and I asked him myself is Tre' coming home he wouldn't give me a straight answer and just  laughed it off! He told me Tre' played the PG at Legacy  in basketball ( damn Tre' is about 6"4 maybe 6"5 and can handle the ball like that) and I know QB in football and from my understanding a pretty good baseball player so yep he could help the Tigers in all sports even track!

Competition level if you can play you can play no matter what level its all about the academics trust me Jones can make every college throw from the pocket and play basketball at a high level people always think cause you go to private school the competition is weak look at the guys on next level see that most go to private school big picture grades grades grades