Sept16 Bridge City

Sept.23 East chambers (venu TBA)

"district location and and date TBA"

Corrigan

Crockett

Frankston

Garrison

Hemphill

cant wait to see what the eagle bring to the table for the 20016 season, pre-season again should get us ready for district and playoffs, tuff looking pre-district for sure!!!

9 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Week Four!!!! Are you ready, Newton fan?

This is the hidden content, please

Haha, you do have a little taste, that's a good song, I'm not gonna lie I put a w beside last years game before it was played and I suffered  from it lol, but yea I'm looking foward to week 4, should be a good one. 

What does BC have returning ?

The entire O line is coming back (bigger and better), plus the horse RB from last year.  Most of the defensive line will return as well... The defense is going to decide how we do this year.  How well the LBs and secondary progress is gonna be key.  The defense struggled through district play last year, and our middle linebacker and heavy hitter safety are both graduating.  The QB is graduating, but his little brother took all of the JV snaps this year and will start as a junior next year.  He's the coach's younger son and has been playing in our system for years. We don't expect a letdown at QB, despite the change. 

We're excited and expecting big things from the team this year.  This is the second offseason under Dubois' program, and we think if they continue to improve we'll play better ball then we did last year.

One thing's for sure... we'll know a lot more about it after we play you guys and WOS.  

Maybe by week four our line will be a little more experienced. We lost all our offensive line and most of our defensive line. We will be rebuilding this year but still have a lot of skill players. But, watch out for Newton is two years away from a crop of players that may just be the best we have had in years.

Edited by purpleeagle
spelling

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

Maybe by week four our line will be a little more experienced. We lost all our offensive line and most of our defensive line. We will be rebuilding this year but still have a lot of skill players. But, watch out for Newton is two years away from a crop of players that may just be the best we have had in years.

I thought Newton was going to be great this year considering that Newton had only 4 maybe 5 seniors starting in playoffs . 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

CardinalBacker, The question is, Is BC ready for Silsbee, Navasota and LCM? You better hope you have a lot coming back. Is BC playing WO-S next year?

I think we'll be ready.  Don't forget about Huffman. And you really shouldn't sleep on Livingston.  Or Cleveland, for that matter. 

We're the smallest school in our district, but you'll never know it once the season starts. The goal is the district championship, and Navasota joining 10-4A-D1 will only make the title that much more special.  

We've got WOS in Week 2, and you guys in Week 4.  

3 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Looks like about 150 miles to Frankston.  C.C., Crocket and Garrison are not all that close. If our offensive line and linebackers step up, Newton could be real bad next year.

not sure who will replace our all state linebacker.

They have the young Foster who got hurt last season Corbin I think is his name who I bet could play that LB spot 

22 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

They have the young Foster who got hurt last season Corbin I think is his name who I bet could play that LB spot 

He like 6ft 220 and fast if he stays healthy he could be great at MLB. The soph RB Brown is going to be a beast.  I went backed and looked only 4 seniors played during playoffs 2 of them started both ways on Oline/Dline other was MLB  and  Rb Hanks . So looks like 8 back on O , 8 back on D and of course QB Barbay back and will be ready after attending all the camps he scheduled for . A lot of skill guys back , this is not at all a rebuilding year , that was last year next year will be a rebuilding year . When you only lose 8 seniors and only 4 started you don't call it a rebuilding year .