TEXAS...could it make it on its own?

5GallonBucket

53 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Is that the fault of the reader or the author?

The reader if you can't see the difference in fighting for your country and seceding from it. Not my fault. I do get the point he making also just disagree I think our forefathers would tell us to fight to better our country not leave. 

On January 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM, stevenash said:

Are you satisfied that our current government is following the constitution?

Know you weren't asking me, but I d-mn sure don't think so.  They are making a mockery of it.  As I've said before, chip away a little freedom here and there, eventually it's all gone. 

• 1 month later...

One other point since this thread will certainly become more pertinent if Hillary wins.   

Some of you may not be aware but the US has three electrical grids.  The Eastern, Western, and Texas.  Yes, almost our whole state is on a separate grid from the rest of the US.  Was that by chance or as I would like to think, foresight?

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Evidently England is going to vote on getting out of the EU.  I'd sure be interested to see how a straw vote would turn out on Texas.  

This is the hidden content, please

They aren't going to vote to leave. It's just like Scotland. They have the vote it seems like it will be close but in the end it will be around 60/40 if not more. The UK has the most freedom out of any of the EU members and by staying in they will have even more freedom. It's just an appeasement move.

46 minutes ago, RaiderRed30 said:

They aren't going to vote to leave. It's just like Scotland. They have the vote it seems like it will be close but in the end it will be around 60/40 if not more. The UK has the most freedom out of any of the EU members and by staying in they will have even more freedom. It's just an appeasement move.

I suspect you're right, but for a country that once never had the sun set on it's flag, playing second fiddle to the EU is bound to upset a lot of Brits.