Whats does Colmesneil have coming back??

jdb44

On January 26, 2016 at 0:07 PM, oldschool2 said:

True, every head coach get's their first head coaching job at some point.  But you're wrong if you think they'll find somebody truly committed to building.  This is a stepping stone to the fullest.  You're also wrong if you think you have to have head coaching experience to get a good head job.  Why would you risk taking a crappy job just to say you've been a head coach?.. unless you're young (don't know any better) or bad.  I was told by very good sources that the previous AD's got zero support from admin, and once you start losing everybody knows you get zero support from the community.

This is a no win situation.  Head Coach experience or not..  He will make no money, get to hire no coaches, get no new facilities, have no support, and WILL NOT WIN.  Why on earth would anyone put themselves through that?

My response was to this. WILL NOT WIN. You didn't say state neither did I. I brought up Waskom because the same was said about that place and I pointed out what they did with a rookie head coach. I believe you know coaching is a bigger part than you want to let on but just have some sort of grudge against colmesneil. I never said state but your argument was Waskom only did what they did because of players which I pointed out was wrong. 

2 hours ago, jdb44 said:

So, did anyone ever answer my original question? Good luck to Colmesneil in their coaching search. I know a couple guys interested if you want some good "Rookie Head Coaches." I think you would like either of the two!    

No, jdb44, the question was never answered directly. But, I do know they graduated 11 of 27 and the majority of touches on offense are gone. I know of both of the guys I think you are talking about and both would be great . They may be better that anyone that has ever been in Colmesneil. Not sure if either want to take on the daunting task of BUILDING a program from the sub basement up.

56 minutes ago, superstud said:

My response was to this. WILL NOT WIN. You didn't say state neither did I. I brought up Waskom because the same was said about that place and I pointed out what they did with a rookie head coach. I believe you know coaching is a bigger part than you want to let on but just have some sort of grudge against colmesneil. I never said state but your argument was Waskom only did what they did because of players which I pointed out was wrong. 

Well I wasn't going to reply to this anymore...just can't help it I guess.

Yes.  They WILL NOT WIN.  I'm not talking about state.  I mean in general.  They will win (possibly) any of these games but definitely not guaranteed.  Sabine Pass, Burkeville, West Hardin, Hull Daisetta, Galveston O'Connell, Evadale.  But like I said..NOT GUARANTEED.  Most of those schools will be a loss for Colmesneil...currently.  But they all fluctuate back and forth for worst 11 man football team in Texas.  If Chester and High Island hadn't dropped to 6 man they'd be on the list too.  If they have anyone other than that list on their schedule..they will lose.  Hire who you want..won't matter.  And no, I don't have a grudge against Colmesneil.  Why do you think that? Because I said it's already a crappy job..and the fact they don't pay, give support, or have good players means they won't get a seasoned winner of a coach.

You ever read any of my other posts?  I'm not picking on Colmesneil..I pick on everybody.

And yes...Waskom would NOT have won state if they hadn't had good players.  Sorry bud...Even good coaches have to have something to work with.  You can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap.