Kyle Allen transfers to UH Cougars

28 minutes ago, MossHill2 said:

Coogs are a legitimate Top 10 team and just got better.

Good choice, Kyle.

Well, he left A&M because of Kyler Murray. He didn't go to OU because of Kyler Murray. Now he has to come compete with a Kyler Murray clone at UH. Not to mention Bowman Sells is probably what Kyle Allen would be had he played in Texas. Very interesting to see how he does on the roster with a bunch of Texas qbs not rated as high. 

He sits out next year as Ward leads the Coogs probably to another big bowl appearance, if not national championship.

Once Ward goes into the NFL draft after 2016 season, Allen will have potentially two years of eligibility remaining and will look to start from there.

I believe this was a good career choice for Him. This Offense in UH fits his arsenal much better than at A&M.

I disagree with your assessment on WHY he left A&M. There's internal combustion going on there right now and Sumlin is next man out.

2 hours ago, MossHill2 said:

He sits out next year as Ward leads the Coogs probably to another big bowl appearance, if not national championship.

Once Ward goes into the NFL draft after 2016 season, Allen will have potentially two years of eligibility remaining and will look to start from there.

I believe this was a good career choice for Him. This Offense in UH fits his arsenal much better than at A&M.

I disagree with your assessment on WHY he left A&M. There's internal combustion going on there right now and Sumlin is next man out.

Coug's aren't quite ready for national championship. 

Good move for Allen but I'm not sure if Herman will be around for his debut. Another season like the one they just had and the big boys will be courting him even harder. He will be more than deserving of one of the HC jobs at one of the top schools. The Houston job has been and always will be a springboard job for great coaches. They know that tho and it works for them.

38 minutes ago, spoonbill said:

Good move for Allen but I'm not sure if Herman will be around for his debut. Another season like the one they just had and the big boys will be courting him even harder. He will be more than deserving of one of the HC jobs at one of the top schools. The Houston job has been and always will be a springboard job for great coaches. They know that tho and it works for them.

Yeah, but you have to take into consideration that UH just beat a tier 1 CF powerhouse (top 5) conference with ease in a prime time bowl.

This is not anywhere the Cougars have been as a program, so I do anticipate the Univ will take steps in joining a conference worth sustaining this type of long term success.

Look out for the next 3-5 years. UH becomes the premier football university in the state of Texas, along side Texas and Baylor. You heard it hear first.

1 minute ago, GCMPats said:

(Major Applewhite)

I actually think that would be a great hire for UH.  He's a great recruiter and obviously has a very astute football mind.  Always hoped he would one day be the head coach at Texas.  His extracurricular activities during his last stint probably will prevent that from ever happening again.  

3 minutes ago, MossHill2 said:

Yeah, but you have to take into consideration that UH just beat a tier 1 CF powerhouse (top 5) conference with ease in a prime time bowl.

This is not anywhere the Cougars have been as a program, so I do anticipate the Univ will take steps in joining a conference worth sustaining this type of long term success.

Look out for the next 3-5 years. UH becomes the premier football university in the state of Texas, along side Texas and Baylor. You heard it hear first.

Baylor and Houston are already there - Texas gonna have to climb a little before they can "be a premier" football school in the State of Texas:

My current rankings for the state of Texas:

Baylor - Houston - TCU - A&M - Texas Tech - Texas

But who knows all things are subject to change.

28 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Baylor and Houston are already there - Texas gonna have to climb a little before they can "be a premier" football school in the State of Texas:

My current rankings for the state of Texas:

Baylor - Houston - TCU - A&M - Texas Tech - Texas

But who knows all things are subject to change.

Define "premier". 

2 hours ago, GCMPats said:

(Major Applewhite)

Houston has done really well as a coaching springboard. They get a good to great 2 or 3 years out of these guys that are looking for that "bridge" job. If Herman can beat Boomer Sooner in their first game next year and run the table, they will most probably make the 4 team playoff. The Cougs couldn't ask for more. I highly doubt they change conferences any time soon. It most definitely wouldn't be to the big 12. That conference is set up to be SO skewed towards TU and Sooner it's stupid.

3 hours ago, spoonbill said:

Houston has done really well as a coaching springboard. They get a good to great 2 or 3 years out of these guys that are looking for that "bridge" job. If Herman can beat Boomer Sooner in their first game next year and run the table, they will most probably make the 4 team playoff. The Cougs couldn't ask for more. I highly doubt they change conferences any time soon. It most definitely wouldn't be to the big 12. That conference is set up to be SO skewed towards TU and Sooner it's stupid.

How so?

4 hours ago, spoonbill said:

The Univerity of Texas understands your dilemma. 

We are and you're not. 

Just now, spoonbill said:

TU basically runs the conference with OU as second fiddle. The finances of the league GREATLY favor them. I don't really have the time to write a disertation on the subject, but it's a well known fact. Google Big 12 finances and read for 10 minutes or so.

Sounds fair.

On 1/9/2016 at 1:37 PM, spoonbill said:

TU basically runs the conference with OU as second fiddle. The finances of the league GREATLY favor them. I don't really have the time to write a dissertation on the subject, but it's a well known fact. Google Big 12 finances and read for 10 minutes or so.

Why you think we left.  (NU)