It's officially off season in SE TX

So Buddy, obviously you were correct about WOS winning it all, but what about your other picks? Talking about the ones you made in August, not "adjusted" lol. I'm too lazy to look back. I think you actually did pretty good with the predictions. 

personally i blew most I think, I have to look back tomorrow but I believe most got to the Region Final if not beyond. 

*Edit* 

I got 4 of the original right: Katy, WOS, Bremond and Canadian. The playoffs this year was weird, alot of more upsets than previous years IMO. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

You know I was again pondering the off season when I realized something:

THIS IS TEXAS! THERE IS NO FOOTBALL OFF SEASON!!!

February: re-alignment 

Couple of months later: Spring football practices, 7 on 7 and college camps. 

Then: publications start rolling out the mags. 

Then: its time for the SETXSPORTS preseason poll! 

:)

I really dont see anyone that would/could. All our area looks to stay the same (4A I mean)

Actually, there is a POTENTIAL addition coming to 9-4A-II as it appears that Jasper turned in 4A, DII figures.  However, with the exception of this past realignment, the UIL has seen fit not to put Jasper in a district that has other Golden Triangle teams, thus leaving it as POTENTIAL.

Actually, there is a POTENTIAL addition coming to 9-4A-II as it appears that Jasper turned in 4A, DII figures.  However, with the exception of this past realignment, the UIL has seen fit not to put Jasper in a district that has other Golden Triangle teams, thus leaving it as POTENTIAL.

But it would make so much sense to put Jasper with us. We need atleast 1 more team in our district, if not 2. Of course if it makes sense, UIL says no. lol

Well, after a disappointing 11-1 season Crosby will go back to ammo locker and reload. Hopefully we find that chip from a couple years ago. We bring back 5 kids that already have committed or have FBS offers and should have 3 more get offers this Spring after their junior and sophomore years.

Mannie Netherly - A&M commit (WR)

Carlos Grace - Houston commit (RB)

Craig Williams - 2018 4*, #3 APB in the country

Taylor Perry - Big 10 offers from Indiana and Illinois

Jordan Hill - Colorado State offer so far

Spring offers should be - Trey Edwards(RB/WR), Alec Lewis(OLB) and Danny Guarado(OG) for a total of 8 FBS kids for the 2016 season

Even though we lost the district defensive MVP in Joseph Pickney I feel good about the DB's that will line up next year for Crosby. We're losing some very good offensive and defensive linemen though.

Overall, realignment could be a gift and a curse for Crosby. I think Crosby will breeze through an HISD caliber district and possibly go undefeated again depending on who's on the non-district schedule. Having lost only 2 regular season games the last 3 years I suspect more emphasis will be placed on execution up until week 11, versus just winning games. The curse is that half of the district will be made up of a combination of Porter, New Caney, Splendora, Lee or Galena Park. It will be tough to gauge team strength during district play for sure.  

But it would make so much sense to put Jasper with us. We need atleast 1 more team in our district, if not 2. Of course if it makes sense, UIL says no. lol

Yes, it makes perfect sense.  But the schools that the UIL has tended to align Jasper with, Huntington and Diboll, both reside in 8-4A-II.  With Coldspring moving down to 3A, the opens up a slot in that district and gives the UIL a perfect excuse to place them with those schools again.

Yes, it makes perfect sense.  But the schools that the UIL has tended to align Jasper with, Huntington and Diboll, both reside in 8-4A-II.  With Coldspring moving down to 3A, the opens up a slot in that district and gives the UIL a perfect excuse to place them with those schools again.

what about Livingston??