BISD/YMBL SOUTH TEXAS SHOOTOUT/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

Not sure why these two clubs continue to play each other in pre district games. It puts whichever club that is the best at a disadvantage. It's tough enough to beat a team twice in a season, almost impossible to do it 3 or 4 times if the talent is close. Both of these clubs have a lot of potential but they have got a lot of work to do to be ready for the 5a regional tournament.

Its better this year.  They play in one tournament, vs in years past where they play in 2.  They already play twice in district, and if they're good enough, they meet in the regionals....with this scenario it's hard to avoid these two meeting .  They're both good ball clubs.. 

Anyone have some analysis on the game?

Poor free throw shooting for Ozen and also poor team play especially the last 3 mins. it was all 1 on 1 who can do their own thing. Ozen will have to be able to run an effective play to get a key shot in tough games and not play ground play without execution. Central's Attwood carried his team as the rest of the Jags contributed with whatever else was needed. I do believe the Jags struggled with the pressure but Ozen did not capitalize on their mistakes. All and all Jags will always be competitive and so will Ozen. Congrats Jags!

Poor free throw shooting for Ozen and also poor team play especially the last 3 mins. it was all 1 on 1 who can do their own thing. Ozen will have to be able to run an effective play to get a key shot in tough games and not play ground play without execution. Central's Attwood carried his team as the rest of the Jags contributed with whatever else was needed. I do believe the Jags struggled with the pressure but Ozen did not capitalize on their mistakes. All and all Jags will always be competitive and so will Ozen. Congrats Jags!

VERY good analysis...

Atwood is clearly the best player on that team!

I've been in the silent minority (I think) but I've thought this for a while.  Scoring aside (which is sometimes misleading), TJ is a dog out there who does so many of the little things that make a difference in winning and losing a game.  I am sure Tic and company were licking their chops watching a future piece of their team.  

Now is a good time for YMBL and BISD officials to get together and plan next year's event and decide (if any) changes to this event. Its falling fast. Either step up and give the teams what they want or just dissolve the boys portion of this event.

I talked to one of the YMBL/BISD staff Friday, and I explained to him the situation with pool play, limited tournaments via UIL, and the displeasure of team's playing a possible 2 game tournament.  He stated that they are going to take a closer look and explore going pool play.    Well, at least that's what he told me...

I talked to one of the YMBL/BISD staff Friday, and I explained to him the situation with pool play, limited tournaments via UIL, and the displeasure of team's playing a possible 2 game tournament.  He stated that they are going to take a closer look and explore going pool play.    Well, at least that's what he told me...

Well, at least its a start in the right direction. Good job. Thats how you get dialogue/ changes going.