JEFF NATIONS NAMED NEW HC/AD AT DAYTON!

11 minutes ago, Red Dawn said:

Dayton is always a tough win. I'll take a win by 1 or by 40 vs the Broncos. 

Crosby vs Dayton winner last 3 years:

2015 - Crosby

2014 - Cougars

2013 - Code Red

Go Crosby!!!

4 minutes ago, Octfeb said:

Why only the last three years?  Care to go back a few more?  "Nation" s is back in Broncos! 

1) Because recent success trumps historical success.

2) Because it gets ugly if I go too much further back!!! ;-)

Go Crosby!!!

2 hours ago, bronco pride said:

Its funny how you say Cody and AJ would have been stars anywhere and your exactly right. Then I look at a kid like Ripp who wasn't recruited and he has a Sugar Bowl ring and a NFL career with Green Bay. So maybe sometimes coaches can make a difference because somehow this kid was totally overlooked and had to walk on.

I've talked to Rip's uncle at work, he had scholarship opportunities elsewhere at smaller schools but felt confident in his ability to walk on at OU. I think he even had a couple of other FBS offers. You just said Stew got players looks, now you say a kid that played for Stew was overlooked. I'm not arguing coaches make a difference but once again, a kid who bench presses 500lbs in high school is probably going to be successful most Friday nights. Not to mention he was able to put on about 25 pounds in the 5 months before walking on.

Galena Park sucks but they're still sending kids to schools like A&M, Colorado and Fresno State. Coaches may sharpen a kid's skill set and some do it better than others but it's up to the community to provide the raw talent.   

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I've talked to Rip's uncle at work, he had scholarship opportunities elsewhere at smaller schools but felt confident in his ability to walk on at OU. I think he even had a couple of other FBS offers. You just said Stew got players looks, now you say a kid that played for Stew was overlooked. I'm not arguing coaches make a difference but once again, a kid who bench presses 500lbs in high school is probably going to be successful most Friday nights. Not to mention he was able to put on about 25 pounds in the 5 months before walking on.

Galena Park sucks but they're still sending kids to schools like A&M, Colorado and Fresno State. Coaches may sharpen a kid's skill set and some do it better than others but it's up to the community to provide the raw talent.   

Best post I have ever read from you.

Rip did have a couple FBS "partial" offers. Sometimes work ethic trumps talent. This is a case where the individuals expectations  and dreams far outplayed coaching, parenting, friendship etc.

14 minutes ago, MossHill2 said:

Best post I have ever read from you.

Rip did have a couple FBS "partial" offers. Sometimes work ethic trumps talent. This is a case where the individuals expectations  and dreams far outplayed coaching, parenting, friendship etc.

Rip graduated with my daughter in 2011!!!!! He was a very polite, respectful, intelligent, hard working kid that earned every bit of what he has become today and I think personally that proves that if you work hard enough and never stop trying you can accomplish your dream, and that's just what he has done. I for one am very proud of Rip and how he has represented our little town of Dayton, Tx and any other kid that has given it their all for success. 

Go Broncos 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, 7mary3 said:

From earlier posts.  I myself wouldn't be happy with a District Championship.  Get a taste of the big dance you hire a Coach that wants to get there & win it.  Looks like BH wants that.  What about Dayton?  In it to win it, nothing else matters.

Very few teams in SE TX have the money to throw at big name coaches like BH and what coach doesn't want to win State? Let's not be a Debbie Downer before we see what unfolds .

Welp having alot of kids coming out sure helps,smh I find it amazing that 20 straight playoff years happened & The Broncos never had more than 22 seniors over that period.I certainly remember the many teams we've played that were very good,I remember the FW's-Elkins-Ike-Angleton-PNG-Ned-Tivy-SS-LT that  field 30-45 seniors most yrs.I long for the day Dayt suits up 30+ srs

3 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Very few teams in SE TX have the money to throw at big name coaches like BH and what coach doesn't want to win State? Let's not be a Debbie Downer before we see what unfolds .

On the high school level do big named coaches win without big time players?  It's like the coach from WOS said, you ain't gonna win the Kentucky Derby with a mule.  I would say though, hiring a big named coach will put some excitement back in the program, but hiring a coach that the community respects and most importantly the kids, might be a better hire.  Just my humbled opinion.

1 hour ago, Football Fan 4 Life said:

My wife just texted me at work and said 99.9 just announced Jeff Nations as the new AD/HC for Dayton so now I guess it's official.

Thank God it's official. Now I won't be getting any more texts or dm's asking why, how I know/knew before the coaches/staff and community. Lol

1 hour ago, MossHill2 said:

Thank God it's official. Now I won't be getting any more texts or dm's asking why, how I know/knew before the coaches/staff and community. Lol

MossHill2 if it makes you feel any better I had faith in you. I was also told that Coach Nations will take over I believe by the beginning of next month 

8 minutes ago, Football Fan 4 Life said:

MossHill2 if it makes you feel any better I had faith in you. I was also told that Coach Nations will take over I believe by the beginning of next month 

It's all good man. I was teasing, I didn't mind talking and letting people know. Jeff is a great guy and will do great things at Bronco Nation.

Just now, MossHill2 said:

It's all good man. I was teasing, I didn't mind talking and letting people know. Jeff is a great guy and will do great things at Bronco Nation.

I agree that was my choice when I started this back in December. Coach Nation's did great things for our Broncos before and I know he will again, now if we could find out who the DC will be.

3 minutes ago, Football Fan 4 Life said:

I agree that was my choice when I started this back in December. Coach Nation's did great things for our Broncos before and I know he will again, now if we could find out who the DC will be.

I can assure you that I do not know that and I can almost promise you that Jeff will not fill that position until end of Feb or 1st of March

3 hours ago, MossHill2 said:

I can assure you that I do not know that and I can almost promise you that Jeff will not fill that position until end of Feb or 1st of March

I would have to agree with you on that if not a little later we'll just have to wait and see. 

I'm sure whoever he picks for the DC will be the right man for the job.

4 hours ago, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

I am sure many in Dayton are waiting to see who will be on Nation's staff and in what capacity.

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Give the guy time to settle in, folks! LOL!

Lol. Im not really worried about that because i am positive that nations will make all of the right decisions and have dayton playing for a district championship next year.

I'll give you guys and gals another little tidbit. If you recall a guy (coach) on the sidelines that would get really pumped up, intense, energetic and fire the kids up............you'll be glad to know that he'll be back on the sidelines soon enough.

1 hour ago, MossHill2 said:

I'll give you guys and gals another little tidbit. If you recall a guy (coach) on the sidelines that would get really pumped up, intense, energetic and fire the kids up............you'll be glad to know that he'll be back on the sidelines soon enough.

HA! Knew it!   :)