Grandview 42 East Chambers 14/Final

WOSgrad

42-14 Final Grandview! I wanted you to be also mosshill. Unable to throw and pass defense will get u in playoffs!!

You are exactly right. I am portrayed as the southeast texas antagonist on here quite often, but that's certainly not the case. I know kids down here can play and compete but there's a certain mentality, instilled in the young ones down here that is rather disheartening. The expectancy to win, build, achieve and repeat the process isn't what it is in other parts of the state and it's really unfortunate, because these kids deserve the best of everything. I believe programs like Ec and Kirbyville and as crazy as it sounds Hardin are on the up because of the school officials and community electing to be supporting of the coaching staff's at these schools. I just got back from watching Stafford get crushed by Carthage tonight in Humble. Did you know that Stafford has probably 3 to 1 "better" athletes than Carthage did. But, you know what separated those 16-18 year old boys? Discipline, expectation, coaching experience, strength and conditioning and 3000 carthage fans, versus 100 Stafford fans. That was the tell tell sign when I pulled up right before the game and noticed.........Stafford 40 minutes from humble didn't even show up to the game. Carthage (4 hours from Humble and literally filled the visitor side of Turner stadium up completely. Somebody please explain to me, WHY can we not get behind our kids in these communities down here in southeast texas? Please help me understand why is it so much different? I'm certain it has not always been that way. Trust me, I've been to PNG, Silsbee, Newton, WO-S games where the stands are packed every Friday night. Oh well, maybe it will eventually change. This is why I made the statement about EC and Kirby not getting out of the area over 5-6 weeks ago. NOT because I didn't want them to, but because I know how much different it is and until you grasp what it's like being outside of these southeast Texas walls, you won't ever understand it. Well, now it's time for those bouncy balls to get going. Uhhh. I hate that sport by the way.

You are exactly right. I am portrayed as the southeast texas antagonist on here quite often, but that's certainly not the case. I know kids down here can play and compete but there's a certain mentality, instilled in the young ones down here that is rather disheartening. The expectancy to win, build, achieve and repeat the process isn't what it is in other parts of the state and it's really unfortunate, because these kids deserve the best of everything. I believe programs like Ec and Kirbyville and as crazy as it sounds Hardin are on the up because of the school officials and community electing to be supporting of the coaching staff's at these schools. I just got back from watching Stafford get crushed by Carthage tonight in Humble. Did you know that Stafford has probably 3 to 1 "better" athletes than Carthage did. But, you know what separated those 16-18 year old boys? Discipline, expectation, coaching experience, strength and conditioning and 3000 carthage fans, versus 100 Stafford fans. That was the tell tell sign when I pulled up right before the game and noticed.........Stafford 40 minutes from humble didn't even show up to the game. Carthage (4 hours from Humble and literally filled the visitor side of Turner stadium up completely. Somebody please explain to me, WHY can we not get behind our kids in these communities down here in southeast texas? Please help me understand why is it so much different? I'm certain it has not always been that way. Trust me, I've been to PNG, Silsbee, Newton, WO-S games where the stands are packed every Friday night. Oh well, maybe it will eventually change. This is why I made the statement about EC and Kirby not getting out of the area over 5-6 weeks ago. NOT because I didn't want them to, but because I know how much different it is and until you grasp what it's like being outside of these southeast Texas walls, you won't ever understand it. Well, now it's time for those bouncy balls to get going. Uhhh. I hate that sport by the way.

welp

absofreakinlutely!!! We are terribly behind the times in this part of the state. It's really sad.

MossHill I do agree with you! SETX teams with the exception of WOS and Newton, really expect to lose in the 2-3 rounds. Honestly (not being bias) Sutherland has brought EC 3 deep, 2 out of 3 times, and with the classes coming up i expect him to push our program to new heights. I also think Kirbyville got caught looking ahead, and had some off field distractions. That K-Ville team should have never lost to West, and should have been playing Yoe/Grandview in regional final. "Should" be is said a lot about football teams in SETX though, bc like you said the talent is here, it's just a different mindset once you head north and west!