SEASON OPENER TONIGHT!!!

Probably 25 of that 48 came from easy lay ups I'd have to see Fox against some stiffer competition before I can say how good he really is Yates gave up at least 80 points off non constested lay ups...I have the upmost respect for wise as a coach guy he has to know when to call off the press one guy from Lakes literally scored 24 points off of lay ups press isn't as effective as it has been in previous years 

I've seen him against better competition than you'll find in school ball several times.  The kid can flat out go.  They play Atascocita the day before Thanksgiving in the Hoopsgiving.  Probably as stiff a competition as you'll find in this area.  

He is the best guard in the state bar none.  But to me, he is more of a 2 or I guess a combo guard as they call them nowadays.  The best pure PG in the state is JJ Caldwell.  But I'm old school and prefer the pass first mentality from my 1s.  

I think Fox is #1 guard in country now as well. I get the impression that a lot of coaches would prefer their pg's to be able to shoot the ball too. They back off pg's who can't shoot. But, exception to every rule.

I do too.  But with the big programs, there are only so many shots to be had.  Give me the kid that will set the other 4 up to score.   Makes for a happier team as well. 

As it was told to me by a couple of college coaches they wanna know if you can score the ball but when you arrive on campus they have ppl who can get that job done... Reason being if your not a threat your not a factor...the days off the old school are gone yea pass it first blah blah there has to be a balance and i think alot of coaches are finding it ...

As it was told to me by a couple of college coaches they wanna know if you can score the ball but when you arrive on campus they have ppl who can get that job done... Reason being if your not a threat your not a factor...the days off the old school are gone yea pass it first blah blah there has to be a balance and i think alot of coaches are finding it ...

pass it first blah blah blah?   You do know pass first doesn't mean you can't score it, don't you?  If not, Rajon Rondo says hello.   Pretty sure Stockton and Magic could still play in today's game.  And if those days are gone, catch an A&M game or two next year.  Mr. Caldwell can flat out play.  

I'll take a pass first PG at the next level every time over score first PG. Usually at the next level you have guys that can score. I wouldn't mind a PG that can score, but his mentality has to be "get the ball in best position to score".

Now at the high school level, if it's necessary, let him shoot if it's best for team.

I'll take a pass first PG at the next level every time over score first PG. Usually at the next level you have guys that can score. I wouldn't mind a PG that can score, but his mentality has to be "get the ball in best position to score".

Now at the high school level, if it's necessary, let him shoot if it's best for team.

Amen.

That's what we get told time and again by more than a couple of college coaches.  "We have plenty of scorers.  I don't need a PG that likes primarily to create his own shots.  I need him creating shots for my scorers."

Mamba is correct yall. You better be some sort of scoring & pass threat versus a pass but can't shoot pg. Dem old ways of thinking are gone.