Barber's Hill Girls Will Be a Force

The Friendswood Lady Mustangs traveled to BH last night for their first scrimmage of the year and faced a really good Barber's Hill team.  The Lady Eagles have size, speed, and shooting ability.  Plus, they are super aggressive.  To paraphrase Rev from Friday Night Lights, "They're big, they're fast," they are physical, "they're big!"  I've been aware of the BH players on this team for a couple of years through AAU games and they have only gotten better and taller.  They should make a deep playoff run.  Good Luck Lady Eagles.

Barbers Hill is the class of 21-5a. It is amazing the team they put on the court year in and year out. Well coached, disciplined and can flat out play! KPark may make some noise this year. They are young, but will put 4 six plus footers on the court in rotation. I am thinking maybe a 3rd or 4th place in district this year.

• 2 weeks later...

They was tested this pass weekend by two great schools and didn't pass over so well. In barbers history with Danley he has never lost back to back like that. Their strong and very competitive,I just hope they don't let their frustration get the best of them. It showed when playing north shore their not that good under pressure compared to the last few seasons. Also noticed that they lost a good player Philips she now playing at Lee and her numbers their are incredible. She scored 25+ points in all 3 days in their tip off and 32 last night against Washington. 

That's true...tested by great schools!! Barbers Hill played well against the tougher teams!!! That's why they were in the CLASSIC bracket.  If you can score in a tougher game it only makes you stronger down the line.  As SIMMIE COLSON says from GIRLZPREP.... It's not what you do it's who you do it against!!!!   They don't back down from tough competition.    They are invited to the McDonald Texas Invitational, this weekend, and that's an honor!!! It's gonna be tough but it's gonna make your team stronger!!! Go LADY EAGLES!!

That's true...tested by great schools!! Barbers Hill played well against the tougher teams!!! That's why they were in the CLASSIC bracket.  If you can score in a tougher game it only makes you stronger down the line.  As SIMMIE COLSON says from GIRLZPREP.... It's not what you do it's who you do it against!!!!   They don't back down from tough competition.    They are invited to the McDonald Texas Invitational, this weekend, and that's an honor!!! It's gonna be tough but it's gonna make your team stronger!!! Go LADY EAGLES!!

Great schools indeed.  But I have to admit I am astonished that North Shore is currently ranked #1.  Perhaps I err by comparing this North Shore team with several others they've had in recent years.  One team, for example, that was led by Point Guard Lauren Flores, who today, remains holder of many records established at the McDonald's Texas Invitational. Perhaps, Coach Pam Crawford and Clear Springs' game against North Shore will help me understand whether or not I am underestimating their current team.  Classic bracket? Barbers Hill would be remiss NOT to play in the top brackets. It remains to be seen whether several players can consistently score in tougher games "and" actually become stronger down the line.  

I have been a fan of Barbers Hill girls' basketball for quite some time, with my favorite team being the one that was apprehensive about moving up from 3A to 4A, but had a hell of a season!  That particular team had a heck of a play-off game against a "stacked" Dickinson team that consisted of multiple players who went on to play at the College D-1 level. Yes, Samantha Hardin, Kassie Silva, Tracie, Shannon Mudd, Paris Carter, and Keely Rivera were a treat to watch, and they set the foundation for BH girls' basketball outside of the 3A division!  Yet, in my opinion, last year's BH team was one of the most athletic and best team I have witnessed to step out on the court.  I personally thought they were good enough to play in the 6A State Championship game - but underachieved.  Most certainly, over the years, the Barbers Hill Little Dribblers Program has produced competitive players to represent the Lady Eagles.  

Now, this season is going to be somewhat of an adjustment for Barbers Hill because of their youth and inexperience at the guard positions.  Hopefully, you are right and the team will get stronger.  If not, expect those young guards to get pressed and pressed and pressed most games.  Although BH has one of the top recruits in the State of Texas at the 5 spot, that could be greatly frustrated if the ball doesn't cross half-court as much as it should because of turnovers.  Good luck this weekend.  The McDonald's Texas Invitational is NO joke!  But don't forget...........the Crosby Lady Cougars are licking their chops. :-)

Edited by Hoopster-007

North Shore Mustangs:

I believe it was Rudy Tomjanovich who said, "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."  Today, I had the opportunity to watch the North Shore Mustangs defeat Clear Springs 71-52.  The Mustangs may be small in size and number, but they play hard from the beginning to the end - baseline to baseline.  More importantly, they know their roles.  I must admit underestimating this North Shore team by comparing them to recent teams.  While the recent teams may have been larger in size and number with multiple styles of play, Coach Campbell's system provides the opportunity for each player to play to her individual strength for the betterment of the team.  Ms. Chasity Patterson (#15) was able to break through Clear Springs' press and double-teams dishing dimes and hitting big 3's; Ms. Alyssa Okoene (#12) pulled in rebound after rebound; and Ms. Victoria Blakenship (#23) came off the bench and scored 29 points.  "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."  North Shore, good luck tomorrow in the semi-finals against SA Brennan, and perhaps the championship game against Duncanville.

Hate to hear Phillips is no longer with Barbers Hill. She is a very talented all-around player that could have taken a lot of pressure away from Collier.

Bronco/Cat Fan, speaking strictly as a "fan" of the game and able to see the same "big picture" you are seeing, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Unfortunately, situations and circumstances have a way of fogging up that same picture based on where one is seated.