Breaking News!!!!!

Okay so what you are telling me he is not as good as Shaq, but he might still play point guard.

Only joking, there will probably never be another 7 foot point guard. As long as he is athletic like Porzingas and not another Shawn Bradley, he should help Central.

Exactly! 

One thing I thought was funny was the criticism that he can't guard anyone on the perimeter.  If he is being asked to guard someone on the perimeter, something is wrong, even a man to man set (which Central likes to play).  If a high school team can put 5 on the floor that shoot the lights out, God bless 'em (although Big Sandy might be able to).  If I'm coaching the Jags, he has at least one foot in the lane at all time on the defensive end.  If you are going to take it to the bucket, you go through 7-3 to get there.  And Nijal and TJ will be the first to tell you from practice that it is much easier said than done. 

Central normally has good players and Ozen usually has a good program with good players. Central normally has bigs and Ozen usually has guards.  Guard play usually dictates the tempo and Ozen has big men Parrish and Gibson who can stick the outside shot and bring the big men out of the paint along with abundance of guards who can bring pressure and outside shooting. Boyd and Comeaux will equal Pearson and Atwood so I say Ozen proves who is the basketball power in BMT with the emergence of Soph. Jones, Soph. Sneed and Jr. Tyler. Broussard. Now i have been wrong a time or two but this is my opinion! Good luck to both teams, BMT represent!

Central normally has good players and Ozen usually has a good program with good players. Central normally has bigs and Ozen usually has guards.  Guard play usually dictates the tempo and Ozen has big men Parrish and Gibson who can stick the outside shot and bring the big men out of the paint along with abundance of guards who can bring pressure and outside shooting. Boyd and Comeaux will equal Pearson and Atwood so I say Ozen proves who is the basketball power in BMT with the emergence of Soph. Jones, Soph. Sneed and Jr. Tyler. Broussard. Now i have been wrong a time or two but this is my opinion! Good luck to both teams, BMT represent!

You're wrong on a lot here, like really off... You're right about the bigs/guards thing but... 

Central won't Ned to go out to guard Gibson or Parrish.  Ozen has 6'5" and a 6'6" perimeter defenders that will cause havoc on anything in the perimeter...

Boyd/Comeaux =Atwood/Pearson?  Stick to football and baseball with that, man.  You trippin hard with that one.  That was almost funny.

Soph. Jones, Soph. Sneed and Jr. Tyler. Broussard.  Sneed Will be a difference maker, no doubt.  I've seen Tyler play and they only thing he will do good is play good defense.  But you also forget that we will have the luxury of getting a really good JV team that the current HC has coached up.

Now, the district games should be close because it's a rivalry, but Ozen won't be beating this year's team, imo...

You're wrong on a lot here, like really off... You're right about the bigs/guards thing but... 

Central won't Ned to go out to guard Gibson or Parrish.  Ozen has 6'5" and a 6'6" perimeter defenders that will cause havoc on anything in the perimeter...

Boyd/Comeaux =Atwood/Pearson?  Stick to football and baseball with that, man.  You trippin hard with that one.  That was almost funny.

Soph. Jones, Soph. Sneed and Jr. Tyler. Broussard.  Sneed Will be a difference maker, no doubt.  I've seen Tyler play and they only thing he will do good is play good defense.  But you also forget that we will have the luxury of getting a really good JV team that the current HC has coached up.

Now, the district games should be close because it's a rivalry, but Ozen won't be beating this year's team, imo...

Gibson told me he wasnt playing  this year. 

I guess you didn't know that basketball was my 1st love and I was pretty good at it. So sticking to basketball,  football and baseball is what I'll do.  Do you even know who John Comeaux is? Boyd is one of the best in the state and skill set is higher than Central's top players. Tyler, Sneed and Jones can knock down the 3 and also handle the ball well. It will be interesting but I don't see either team winning all 3.

Search the UIL

2014-2015 5A Boys Basketball All-Tournament Team

(As selected by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches)

• Deon Barrett - Lancaster - Junior - 5'10" - Guard
  • John Comeaux - Beaumont Ozen - Junior - 5'10" - Guard
  • Antwon Portley - Lancaster - Senior - 6'3" - Guard
  • *Elijah Thomas - Lancaster - Senior - 6'9" - Forward/Center
  • Wayne Wyngarde - Beaumont Ozen - Senior - 6'6" - Center

* Denotes Championship Game MVP

If you saw me and OF's rants, I've always been high on Comeaux.  I talked him up all year despite others stating that he wasn't that good.  I also took notice that he balled out in that state title game while 'others' didn't show up at all.  Go back and read.  True story.  

And skill set is more than knocking down. The three.  Central has 2 seniors, one of them is a 4 year starter and the other one should have been a 4 year starter had it not been to 'politics'.  

Skill set.  You say basketball is your first love, I respect that, but you should know that these two seniors have a high skill set to go along with experience and size.  That's why they got many college offers.  Ozen's Sneed is a good one, but he's just a sophomore and is currently vertically challenged...  Not taking anything away from Ozen, but Central's duo isn't equal to Ozen's...

Can't compare either duo because they play different positions. Ozen's duo are a 2 guard & PG, Central's has 2 versatile SF/big guards that cause mismatch problems. Ozen has the better guards, Central has the better versatile mismatch tandem. Neither of Central's tandem are great ball handlers, nor knockdown shooters, but they are so athletic & problematic for other teams;very capable of running the offense if asked to do so. Ozen lack's size at the guard position, rebounding will be a very big problem VS the Jags(can't teach size). It will be very interesting to see the cat & mouse game played between the Coaches. I know what I would do, but nobody wants to hear that.  Lol

Can't compare either duo because they play different positions. Ozen's duo are a 2 guard & PG, Central's has 2 versatile SF/big guards that cause mismatch problems. Ozen has the better guards, Central has the better versatile mismatch tandem. Neither of Central's tandem are great ball handlers, nor knockdown shooters, but they are so athletic & problematic for other teams;very capable of running the offense if asked to do so. Ozen lack's size at the guard position, rebounding will be a very big problem VS the Jags(can't teach size). It will be very interesting to see the cat & mouse game played between the Coaches. I know what I would do, but nobody wants to hear that.  Lol

Wrong, Cam.  Ozen's Comeaux plays much bigger than his size.  Also, Pearson has excellent ball handles, which is why he will be playing mostly PG in college.  Atwood is a pretty good 3 point shooter..  He just don't take them often.  But I guarantee you that his 3 pt. Percentage is about 40%.