WHY?

Guest takes_11_to_win

no one talks about jv becuase most everybody cares about Varsity. I mean don't get me wrong jv is very important to the future of a program. But there isn't an all-district team for jv and no scholarships to college for jv. I'm not trying to Dis on jv and whatnot but its just a fact that Varsity has a little bit more importance.

Guest takes_11_to_win

well yah of course but if they are good enough to be on varsity by their sophmore and junior year will most likely be on varsity even freshman, cuz if the coach is in touch with his players he will know that skills that they have.

Well i dont know how the other schools work but i know that ours is set up so that if you are a senior you are automatically varsity so even if you have skill its like you dont have a choice! And its not that i personally want recognition its just that our Jv as good as we are (not to be conceited) Plays some very difficult teams that are Jv and i know that we all put our hearts and souls into the game as much as varsity does yet still nothing! Just to set the record straight. We have a midfield that sees the field in their sleep :), our strikers have good ball control and speed, and our defense plays like the world is going to end if someone scores!

jv is for nubcakes glad i was never on it and yall dont go to any type of playoffs and their is no best player of jv cuz if there was it would be like being the cool kid in the special olympics so jv gets the crap of everything and yall pickup the balls at practice and yall get no attention thats how it always is so deal with it and stop frkn whining, YOUR JV GAH, tired of kids these days cryin to much....s***

This is the only thred where the players themselves talk badly about there team mates on the JV level. Never seen it in football, vollyball, basketball, softball, or baseball. Just don't understand it. Must be someting on the ball that does it to them. 

Dude.. this is garbage... Everyone of you who have just dissrespected and maybe even humiliated some of your team mates on this board should be absolutely ashamed of yourself... and yes... they are your team mates... even if they do not step out on that field with you guys on Tuesday and Friday nights, they are still your team mates... you share the same common goal.. TO SUCCEEED... and believe or not... Every Freshman looks up to upperclassmen.. I guarantee you that every single one of those guys on your JV squads admires you for something(wheather it be how good you play or something else)... and with comments like that you make a mockery out of yourself and your program... I played on the Freshman team my freshman year and on the JV team my sophmore year... I sucked when I was a freshman and that drove me to work hard... I got better as a sophmore on JV and got some PT in a couple of Varsity games... I looked up to those guys that where on Varsity... I thought they where the epitamy of cool.. and you know what... they hated me... they never passed up an oppertunity to make fun of me... I cared then and it crushed me... but... it inspired me to get better... JV soccer was probably one of the most fun times of my life... I was playing soccer with some of my best friends who I grew up with, and buddies from High School that I'll never forget.. I wouldn't trade my experience for the world... This part of this message is to you young guys... Ive been in your shoes... probably worse... I was told almost every day that I was horrible.. and it was true... I was horrible... but I worked hard... I worked my @ss off... and I made All-District as a first year starter on Varsity my Junior year.... and I made All-District, All-Region, and I was a Region III Senior Showcase Allstar my senior year... I recieved a full ride scholarship to play at Coker College in South Carolina in one of tne best NCAA D-II conferences CVAC that has produced 4 Current MLS players... Im playing college soccer now... that had always been a dream of mine... and now Im doing it... and you guys can too... dont listen to this crap... Ive listened to people tell me I suck for a long time... and now... I just let my resume do the talking for me.... and you can too....

Lets see if I can explain this. If they were to post a topic like Vidor vs PNG (JV) that would be a totally diff. deal. It gets confusing having two diff. convos in the same topic. I remember back in the day when I was in the shadow of the seniors, I hated it! I think we need to keep the Varsity and JV topics seperate. As long as we somthing like that, im all for having JV or even Sophomore/Freshman teams talk about their seasons.

Dude.. this is garbage... Everyone of you who have just dissrespected and maybe even humiliated some of your team mates on this board should be absolutely ashamed of yourself... and yes... they are your team mates... even if they do not step out on that field with you guys on Tuesday and Friday nights, they are still your team mates... you share the same common goal.. TO SUCCEEED... and believe or not... Every Freshman looks up to upperclassmen.. I guarantee you that every single one of those guys on your JV squads admires you for something(wheather it be how good you play or something else)... and with comments like that you make a mockery out of yourself and your program... I played on the Freshman team my freshman year and on the JV team my sophmore year... I sucked when I was a freshman and that drove me to work hard... I got better as a sophmore on JV and got some PT in a couple of Varsity games... I looked up to those guys that where on Varsity... I thought they where the epitamy of cool.. and you know what... they hated me... they never passed up an oppertunity to make fun of me... I cared then and it crushed me... but... it inspired me to get better... JV soccer was probably one of the most fun times of my life... I was playing soccer with some of my best friends who I grew up with, and buddies from High School that I'll never forget.. I wouldn't trade my experience for the world... This part of this message is to you young guys... Ive been in your shoes... probably worse... I was told almost every day that I was horrible.. and it was true... I was horrible... but I worked hard... I worked my @ss off... and I made All-District as a first year starter on Varsity my Junior year.... and I made All-District, All-Region, and I was a Region III Senior Showcase Allstar my senior year... I recieved a full ride scholarship to play at Coker College in South Carolina in one of tne best NCAA D-II conferences CVAC that has produced 4 Current MLS players... Im playing college soccer now... that had always been a dream of mine... and now Im doing it... and you guys can too... dont listen to this crap... Ive listened to people tell me I suck for a long time... and now... I just let my resume do the talking for me.... and you can too....

Awesome post.  Let us not forget that the great Michael Jordan didn't make the varsity at first.  He had to work at it.  Keep up the good work Jsmity!

Thank you... but that one was from the heart and truthfull... If there is one thing I can't stand... its disrespecting your team mate... thats not an attitude of a champion... and I think that all you guys that bust it and never let up are champions... b/c soccer isn't all there is in life... and the lessons and discipline you learn while playing are going to mold you into a man (or woman) you can be proud of... and I guarantee you with this attitude.. you can do anything... ANYTHING!!!!!!!

I agree with you smity.  As a mom and spectator of the sport I see which players give 110% and those that give much less.  It makes me angry with the ones who really do not care.  Perhaps the coaches should move up some of those JV players that love the game and give it their all and let the ones that do all the complaining and whining visit the bench.  Just my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33