CFP Selection Committee Top 4

PhatMack19

if you discount fcs opponents, Baylor and Houston have the two worst opponent win % in all of FCS. 127th and 128th. 

Baylor opp % 0.279 
Houston opp% 0.236

It's obvious that the committee weighed heavily the strength of schedule.   The Big 12's should improve this month, but according to the 1st rankings the committee doesn't think very highly of the conference. 

if you discount fcs opponents, Baylor and Houston have the two worst opponent win % in all of FCS. 127th and 128th. 

Baylor opp % 0.279 
Houston opp% 0.236

Baylor opp % 0.279 
Houston opp% 0.236

I don't think much about the committee.

I don't think much about the committee.

To date, they have gotten it right in the end. The only reason to even post a ranking this early is to generate interest and discussion. 

Expand to 8 teams. Play the games on the field. Win your conference championship, make the playoffs. Take out the "opinion".

To date, they have gotten it right in the end. The only reason to even post a ranking this early is to generate interest and discussion. 

Expand to 8 teams. Play the games on the field. Win your conference championship, make the playoffs. Take out the "opinion".

We will still complain about 6,7 & 8, but I agree.   Take the 5 conference champions and 3 wild cards.  It gives the group of 5 teams a chance and 2 other good teams will get in.  Art can keep scheduling patsies and it won't even matter.

We will still complain about 6,7 & 8, but I agree.   Take the 5 conference champions and 3 wild cards.  It gives the group of 5 teams a chance and 2 other good teams will get in.  Art can keep scheduling patsies and it won't even matter.

At least the games are settled on the field and not the ESPN programming room.

I have a lot of folks who disagree with me so maybe I'm wrong.  But I still think OU gets in if they win out.  The FPI loves them - 3 and the highest ranked 1 loss team, although that should change after Bama's win today.  They have to win at Baylor which is doable, then beat TCU at home (probable) and finish at okie lite (doable).  

I have a lot of folks who disagree with me so maybe I'm wrong.  But I still think OU gets in if they win out.  The FPI loves them - 3 and the highest ranked 1 loss team, although that should change after Bama's win today.  They have to win at Baylor which is doable, then beat TCU at home (probable) and finish at okie lite (doable).  

Okie Lite my pick to win the Big 12

@ESPNStatsInfo: For 1st time in 9 all-time releases of the CFP rankings, the SEC doesn’t have at least a share of the lead for the most teams ranked.

@espn: For the first time, the SEC doesn't have at least a share of the most teams in the CFP rankings.

Big Ten: 6
American: 4
Big 12: 4
SEC: 4

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

@ESPNStatsInfo: For 1st time in 9 all-time releases of the CFP rankings, the SEC doesn’t have at least a share of the lead for the most teams ranked.

@espn: For the first time, the SEC doesn't have at least a share of the most teams in the CFP rankings.

Big Ten: 6
American: 4
Big 12: 4
SEC: 4

#secondtonone* **

*except for some 

**for awhile some years ago

By the way, Happy Vets day to you Buddy G.  (And to the others of you who nobly served).  You guys will always be the true heroes in my book...

#secondtonone* **

*except for some 

**for awhile some years ago

By the way, Happy Vets day to you Buddy G.  (And to the others of you who nobly served).  You guys will always be the true heroes in my book...

i thank you. Seems funny the AAC has the same amount of teams in the poll as the beloved SEC and the Big12. Gotta love parity. 

i thank you. Seems funny the AAC has the same amount of teams in the poll as the beloved SEC and the Big12. Gotta love parity. 

You said it.  I really don't remember a year with more parity than this one.  Really wish there were 8 teams in a playoff this year.  It would be wide open, even with that many teams. 

You said it.  I really don't remember a year with more parity than this one.  Really wish there were 8 teams in a playoff this year.  It would be wide open, even with that many teams. 

Navy has the chance to blow this whole thing to shreds. I really hope they win out now.