UIL Snapshot Day

In my neighborhood alone there has been 6 or 7 old houses torn down and new ones built in the last 3 years.  I have no problem with this considering a mojority of the homes at that side of Port Neches were built in WWII when there was no rebar to put in the slabs. There is plenty money around Port Neches. I am glad to see this being done... sort of a revitalizion of this really nice little town..... Great history here and good longtime families here. I love it here and probably will not leave until I retire maybe up to Rayburn.

How does the UIL determine if the numbers submitted are "accurate"?

The numbers are also given to TEA for state funding. If a school is caught lying about their attendance it is usually to gain money and then it can be criminal for the people in charge as they are defrauding the state. I do not think any school wants to stay in a classification enough to take that risk.

Eventually, it will be like Port Arthur where everyone abandons the older part of town and move everything north. (it's already happening) Shame they don't try to revitalize the older areas.

They have tried and are trying. Texas Ave. is attempting to attract people to the Old Baytown area. It's just not working. 

I know..  Was just saying in general Lee should have more kids.. But as you know its all happing on our side of town now.

Here's my plan:

Combine all three high schools. Use RSS and GCM as 9th-10th and 11th-12th grade campuses. Turn REL into a CTE, STEM, and Health Science campus (Existing Academies). 

Problems solved.

Here's my plan:

Combine all three high schools. Use RSS and GCM as 9th-10th and 11th-12th grade campuses. Turn REL into a CTE, STEM, and Health Science campus (Existing Academies). 

Problems solved.

hmmmmm……. Thats a good plan, a common sense plan, if GCISD sees this they will quickly runaway from this idea. Its too much like right. 

Guest ECBucFan

Here's my plan:

Problems solved.

That really limits participation. Net result is one team, and 22 starting positions on the field on Friday nights for the whole city. Otherwise, it would be 66 in action (22 x 3). 

Guest ECBucFan

Does Baytown not have enough athletes to compete and win?

Look at Port Arthur. 3 schools went into 1, and mediocre results. In fact, before the consolidation, Lincoln = state in basketball, and T.J. in football. Has going 3 into 1 made PAM a state power?   

Look at Port Arthur. 3 schools went into 1, and mediocre results. In fact, before the consolidation, Lincoln = state in basketball, and T.J. in football. Has going 3 into 1 made PAM a state power?   

TJ had a good football team with Lincoln was on the rise after years of being the doormat. If I remember correctly.

Edited by kicker

We have athletes to compete. Do we have enough to make deep runs into the playoffs no. The 3 schools are to spread out. GCM had way more then enough talent to make the playoffs in this district last year and this year.  Sterling doesn't have the horses to run with the district they are in. Exactly whats going to happen to GCM when they get in a 6A district.

Guest ECBucFan

T.J. made it to state. 

The premise is much easier to verbalize than implement. Combine all of Baytown, and then you face the Katy's and Allens in the playoffs. How do you think the theoretical Baytown mega school would do? Again, see Port Arthur, who has more athletes than Baytown. It just hasn't worked well for them.

Not trying to argue, just stating an educated opinion.  

TJ had a good football team with Lincoln was on the rise after years of being the doormat. If I remember correctly.

Actually both schools got good in football at the same time after being pretty average or worse, Class of 2000 started that trend then boom, consolidation. My alma mater went downhill pretty much in football (besides the 4-0 start in 99) after Coach Marler left and got good in basketball. 

At this point they are going to compete against the "mega" schools as it is.  

Nah we wont compete with them, we will just participate in the drubbing.(only in football though) our other sports regularly play and beat 6A competition. How bout the Lady Pats VBall team, we get this win tonight, we could be looking at something special/historical!