Chester 35 Apple Springs 0/Final

WOSgrad

If I read right, didn't this win ensure the district championship?  I can't remember the last one we had.  Very proud of those boys.  I will sure be looking forward to hearing about playoff dates and locations.  If they don't interfere with Evadale's we will be there.

Yes, this clinches the DC for Chester. Congrats, 'Jackets!!!

I'm glad to hear that Wyatt's injury was not so severe as to warrant a longer hospitalization.  Prayers on a full and fast recovery.

Yes...The Jackets are 9-0 and District Champs!   If I did my research correctly, the last district title was 1989 (26 years).  I believe there had been a 3 way tie sometime later, but a coin toss kicked Jackets out of playoffs.  The following is the other info I found...if anyone has better info, please share.

Last winning season was 6-4 in 2004 (11 years);  2014 was 1st playoff berth since 1992 (22 years) as well as first district WIN in our 6-man history (5 years).  Last playoff win was 1971 when Jackets won their region in Class B, which was as far as they could go.  They went 11-0-1 that year with their only blemish being a tie in regular season with Colmesneil.  We are looking to win our first playoff game in 44 years. The 2015 Jackets have an unblemished regular season..the first ever.  However, to stay undefeated and completely unblemished to surpass that amazing team from 1971, we would have to win state.

I cannot express how proud I am of these boys that wear purple.  Our team had minimal change of players from 2014 to 2015, but their heart, drive, focus and desire to win completely changed their chemistry and performance on the field.  The talent was always there...they just finally broke out of the rut they were in, pulled it together and executed on the field.  Their hard work paid off.  I feel that this team has the potential to go deep in the playoffs, but even if they don't, I am so proud of the way they have played and fought to win, and how well they have represented our school and our community.  I have to say that God has blessed us with the best kids ever!

We have to wait another week to find out who we meet in the playoffs from District 15.  But no matter the opponent, I think these guys will be ready and willing to face any team that comes their way.  9-0 baby! 9-0!  Bleed Purple.

Yes...The Jackets are 9-0 and District Champs!   If I did my research correctly, the last district title was 1989 (26 years).  I believe there had been a 3 way tie sometime later, but a coin toss kicked Jackets out of playoffs.  The following is the other info I found...if anyone has better info, please share.

Last winning season was 6-4 in 2004 (11 years);  2014 was 1st playoff berth since 1992 (22 years) as well as first district WIN in our 6-man history (5 years).  Last playoff win was 1971 when Jackets won their region in Class B, which was as far as they could go.  They went 11-0-1 that year with their only blemish being a tie in regular season with Colmesneil.  We are looking to win our first playoff game in 44 years. The 2015 Jackets have an unblemished regular season..the first ever.  However, to stay undefeated and completely unblemished to surpass that amazing team from 1971, we would have to win state.

I cannot express how proud I am of these boys that wear purple.  Our team had minimal change of players from 2014 to 2015, but their heart, drive, focus and desire to win completely changed their chemistry and performance on the field.  The talent was always there...they just finally broke out of the rut they were in, pulled it together and executed on the field.  Their hard work paid off.  I feel that this team has the potential to go deep in the playoffs, but even if they don't, I am so proud of the way they have played and fought to win, and how well they have represented our school and our community.  I have to say that God has blessed us with the best kids ever!

We have to wait another week to find out who we meet in the playoffs from District 15.  But no matter the opponent, I think these guys will be ready and willing to face any team that comes their way.  9-0 baby! 9-0!  Bleed Purple.

Outstanding post.  Thanks for the research.  Always follow because it is my Alma mater, but with my nephew on the team (Jared Greer), I am even more excited.  Go Chester!  Sting 'em!