South Carolina @ Texas A&M

UTfanatic

Who do you guys think will start the game with the QB position opened back up?  Conventional wisdom and most fans wish that Kyler will start but I think it's a toss up between him and Hubenak.  KA is shaken and banged up.  They can't convince me that he isn't hurt.  Constant work on the shoulder on the sideline the last few games since the Miss St. game.  I just don't see how he went from precision passing in the ASU game to flat out missing open guys and it only be a mental thing; even is Spav's passing game of throws inside 3 yards to behind the LOS.

I have no doubt that KA is hurt and hurt worse than is being let out.  My guess is that Kyler will get the nod unless he has really screwed up his reputation in the locker room or has let it be known in no uncertain terms that he is done at A&M.  If Hubenak starts to me it is an indication that the QB situation at A&M is really messed up - don't have a thing against him but you do not pass up on 2 highly touted QB's unless there is a major issue.  Just my opinion. 

Edited by OldTimer

Good point.  I think there is an issue between KA ans Murray just from their demeanor and lack of cohesion on the sidelines.  Spav says they're tight as a group but I don't buy his BS one bit.  The QB situation and the way it has been handled by the coaches is a shame.

It shows when Allen shrugs his shoulders when he's not going back in and he's talking to teammates. I hear it even at high school games on the sidelines. "Why ain't you playin'? (Shrugs)- "I don't know."

Of course the locker room is split. It's inevitable with two high level QB's. 

Big time recruits expect to and have been promised that they will play, excel, and get drafted. Hell, even the lesser known recruits expect that now.

The coach that can manage all their prima donnas succeed (Meyer, Saban). Those that can't are forced into retirement (Brown).

Good point.  I think there is an issue between KA ans Murray just from their demeanor and lack of cohesion on the sidelines.  Spav says they're tight as a group but I don't buy his BS one bit.  The QB situation and the way it has been handled by the coaches is a shame.

I tend to agree with you as from what I have seen they never seem to talk on he sidelines.

If indeed Murray has done all the right things to get back in the good graces with Sumlin then there is hope after all.  I've said all along that I wouldn't be shocked if KA or Murray transfer after season.  Especially with Hubemak as a capable QB.

It seems it is almost inevitable that one will be gone. But that's everywhere - see QB transfers every year. The good news for the Aggies is this usually is a rich person's problem when you are able to land elite QBs like Allen and Murray in close proximity.  QB isn't a position like the others where you can share duties without much interruption.  Rarely have I seen a true QB platoon system work.  So the team has to decide who they want to go all in with and hope the other kid will stick around.  If not, you still have your number one guy. 

I am with you and OT that Allen just seems like he's struggling physically (from the injury).  He seems like a great kid with a potential future in the game.  He deserves time to heal and needs to heal, even if the kid's competitive side says otherwise.  So, if he doesn't start tomorrow, the rest could be telling.  If Sumlin trots out Hubernak, I think we can make a strong assumption Murray will be elsewhere in '16. But my guess is Murray has paid his penance, will start, and will play well.  Then there will be more tough decisions in the coming weeks. 

It seems it is almost inevitable that one will be gone. But that's everywhere - see QB transfers every year. The good news for the Aggies is this usually is a rich person's problem when you are able to land elite QBs like Allen and Murray in close proximity.  QB isn't a position like the others where you can share duties without much interruption.  Rarely have I seen a true QB platoon system work.  So the team has to decide who they want to go all in with and hope the other kid will stick around.  If not, you still have your number one guy. 

I am with you and OT that Allen just seems like he's struggling physically (from the injury).  He seems like a great kid with a potential future in the game.  He deserves time to heal and needs to heal, even if the kid's competitive side says otherwise.  So, if he doesn't start tomorrow, the rest could be telling.  If Sumlin trots out Hubernak, I think we can make a strong assumption Murray will be elsewhere in '16. But my guess is Murray has paid his penance, will start, and will play well.  Then there will be more tough decisions in the coming weeks. 

Well said!  I feel that if Murray is given time to allow the game to slow down for him he will be a terror for DC's.

@billyliucci: Per multiple sources, Kevin Sumlin has informed A&M team that true freshman Kyler Murray will get starting nod vs South Carolina

Correct,  he's the starter.  Will be interesting to see how the game plays out if it's going to be raining at 11am tomorrow.  Per weatherunderground.com the rain chances will fall to 30% at game time and go down from there....

Correct,  he's the starter.  Will be interesting to see how the game plays out if it's going to be raining at 11am tomorrow.  Per weatherunderground.com the rain chances will fall to 30% at game time and go down from there....

i predict alot of running the football. 

@billyliucci: Per multiple sources, Kevin Sumlin has informed A&M team that true freshman Kyler Murray will get starting nod vs South Carolina

Looch is very careful about what he says and writes.  He isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him, so most of the time he is correct when he writes something.  

At least Murray is athletic enough to bailout the OL and overcome terrible play calling. A win this week takes the focus off both areas, and sumlin too for that matter.

Happy Days are here again!!! Give that man a raise$$$$$!!!

they'll do it to. Definitely. Bumlin. 

Still think that Allen being hurt has to play as least a part in this decision and if hurt and lost his job - may not be fair - but I am hoping that Sumlin is keeping something close to his chest and that if Allen is indeed hurt that future playing time will be determined in the future by how he progresses with his injury and a fair competition for on field time.

Will ATM wear their glow in the dark helmets since it's a 'blackout' game....

The Aggies are looking more for glimmer and glitz than winning. Well there are the top recruiting school in Texas. 

aTm uniforms have historically changed over time but it looks they want to be the Texas "ducks".

Buddy, it would give you another team. 

I'm glad Texas new record contract with Nike doesn't include this stuff. Why would Texas get a record contract with plain classic uni's?