Texas at Iowa St

UTfanatic

Sound familiar?

he's right though. And I heard this morning Mangino is no longer the OC. I've seen ISU play twice this yr, they have one hell of a WR but thats really it. Once down 20pts they lose confidence and give up, its in the Horns best interest to get up 20+ on these guys early unless they want Chuck to go ahead and run to Miami. ;)

Down 20, and they give up?  That's interesting.  Baylor led them 35-0, but they came back to within 35-20 in the 4th Qtr.  Iowa St has played Texas tough the last couple of years.  I think Texas wins, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they lost. 

Me either.  Texas will rarely get anything but the other team's best shot.  Iowa St. also hung with TCU for 3 quarters.  We hung with TCU for 3 quarters of a minute.  

Down 20, and they give up?  That's interesting.  Baylor led them 35-0, but they came back to within 35-20 in the 4th Qtr.  Iowa St has played Texas tough the last couple of years.  I think Texas wins, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they lost. 

game was over at 20-0 in the 1st quarter, 35-20 4th qtr, thx for nailing my point, BU started subbing 3rd qtr. Could have been worse. 

Shock Linwood ran for 171 yards with a touchdown, and caught a pass for another score as second-ranked Baylor beat Iowa State 45-27 for its FBS-best 20th consecutive home win while ending another

This is the hidden content, please
 -via ESPN
app

Boxscore 

Shock Linwood ran for 171 yards with a touchdown, and caught a pass for another score as second-ranked Baylor beat Iowa State 45-27 for its FBS-best 20th consecutive home win while ending another

-via ESPN
app

Boxscore 

wrong thread!!

Why does ESPN report that this is a landmark game for Iowa St against a 3-4 Texas team?

great upset

hookem

Because if Iowa State wins a game against Texas it is something to crow about regardless of current programs state of affairs - reverse that and if Iowa State loses to Texas it is how it should be no story there really for either team.   

Because if Iowa State wins a game against Texas it is something to crow about regardless of current programs state of affairs - reverse that and if Iowa State loses to Texas it is how it should be no story there really for either team.   

Exactly.  To the kids, some games are big games, regardless of whether that team isn't very good that particular season.  For instance, Michigan was pretty bad last year but I'm sure to the kids at Minnesota, beating them was a huge deal.  And whether we like it or not, in the Big 12, Texas is a team other schools love to hate, regardless of records.