The Houston Cougars thread.

king

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't feel like going back that many months and digging through the threads but I distinctly remember being smirked at when I predicted UH would do something similar to this. I just think it's a good time to revisit now that Herman signed the extension, I know it doesn't mean much because the buyout isn't overly outrageous but he still signed it.

I think if UT fires Strong in the next couple of years that he goes back to the place he was a GA, but if not UH could be on the verge. I think one of two things has to happen to keep him for a Gary Patterson type program re-build. The playoff has to be expanded to 8 so that UH would have a legitimate shot at being eligible for a playoff spot, or UH has to get invited to a power 5 conference at which time Herman picks up a $5 million escalator written into his contract.

The longer Herman is there the better players he will get due to the basically non-existent admission standards, but it's going to be interesting to see how UH stacks up physically with FSU Herman's first year on the job. If you remember before the season he was complaining about the lack of D1 players he had on his roster.    

I didn't feel like going back that many months and digging through the threads but I distinctly remember being smirked at when I predicted UH would do something similar to this. I just think it's a good time to revisit now that Herman signed the extension, I know it doesn't mean much because the buyout isn't overly outrageous but he still signed it.

I think if UT fires Strong in the next couple of years that he goes back to the place he was a GA, but if not UH could be on the verge. I think one of two things has to happen to keep him for a Gary Patterson type program re-build. The playoff has to be expanded to 8 so that UH would have a legitimate shot at being eligible for a playoff spot, or UH has to get invited to a power 5 conference at which time Herman picks up a $5 million escalator written into his contract.

The longer Herman is there the better players he will get due to the basically non-existent admission standards, but it's going to be interesting to see how UH stacks up physically with FSU Herman's first year on the job. If you remember before the season he was complaining about the lack of D1 players he had on his roster.    

UH will be much more motivated than FSU. It's hard to get a true reading from these meaningless bowl games.

Herman is a Head Coach in Waiting for some P5 school.

UH needs to be more consistent attendance wise. Lots of empty seats when they played Temple.

UH will be much more motivated than FSU. It's hard to get a true reading from these meaningless bowl games.

Herman is a Head Coach in Waiting for some P5 school.

UH needs to be more consistent attendance wise. Lots of empty seats when they played Temple.

That was what surprised me.. I actually thought that place would be filled but it wasnt..  I think UH will hang in there but I think Cook will be WAY to much for them this year. If Herman is still there in 2 years I think they will have a defense that could slow Cook down. Just not right now..

I went to the SMU game and it was about 2/3 full.  That was with the Texicans and the Astros playing in Kansas City onnight.  I think they will start to pick up more steam the longer Herman stays.  The only issue I have is that they tore down Robertson and built TDECU right in its place.  The neighborhood man...you better have your head on a swivel if you go to a night game.  Or go in there "heavy" if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...