Beaumont Central 43 Beaumont Ozen 27/Final

WOSgrad

For ALL the Foreman naysayers, he is 3-0 against Ozen, 14-4 in district play and tied for 2nd place in district right now...

0fer against Nederland........  All O and no D.  Glad I was on vacation the week after the lost to Nederland.  Makes for a longer Hell Week

Edited by SFA85

Boyd has thrown 2 INT tonight but he has really impressed me with his arm and accuracy... I don't think Tyler got over 75 yards tonight on the ground...

He actually had 85 yards with two TD's tonight...subpar compared to his previous performances probably got caught up into the hype of the game seeing that his first carry was a fumble. I think that's his first fumble of the year. But Whaley didn't do anything spectacular either all 5 TD's were scored from 15 yards out or less on what is probably the worst defense in the district nothing special about that to me at least. But the fact still remain the numbers & production don't lie. And the numbers CLEARLY state that Calvin Tyler is the best RB in SETX so just get used to it. 

Ozen killed themselves with the silly TO's on special teams and that defense just flat out sucks lol could've been a diff game without those two turnovers. 

Fo

Tyler is pretty good but Central hhas done a pretty good of neutralizing  him...

Yes Central did keep him at bay but it seemed like he had at least a hundred yards last night. And you definitely couldn't keep him out of the endzone. Central's defense and tackling must do better to beat PNG

Soulja I did the updates so I'll let you do the game analysis for the night.  I have to get up early for work...

Ok.  I will.  Would've done it but you know I had some shuffling from Both the Ozen and the Central camp to do last night...  Working on my analysis now.  

Just read the updates...  Great Job, Ford.  

He actually had 85 yards with two TD's tonight...subpar compared to his previous performances probably got caught up into the hype of the game seeing that his first carry was a fumble. I think that's his first fumble of the year. But Whaley didn't do anything spectacular either all 5 TD's were scored from 15 yards out or less on what is probably the worst defense in the district nothing special about that to me at least. But the fact still remain the numbers & production don't lie. And the numbers CLEARLY state that Calvin Tyler is the best RB in SETX so just get used to it. 

Ozen killed themselves with the silly TO's on special teams and that defense just flat out sucks lol could've been a diff game without those two turnovers. 

So that run when he cut upfield and ran through and dragged an Ozen player 20 yards with him wasn't impressive?  What about the play where 're ran oven an Ozen player and almost stepped on his chest while running by?  Isn't that what Big backs supposed to do?  Looked impressive to me.

Yes Central did keep him at bay but it seemed like he had at least a hundred yards last night. And you definitely couldn't keep him out of the endzone. Central's defense and tackling must do better to beat PNG

Nope, OF is right.  85.  Might've been his lowest offensive output all year.  Props to that Central D, no doubt....

Game plan was on point.  I must say our coaching staff did more right than wrong tonight.  I knew that Foster was a good one when he came in the last couple of games to give Whaley a breather, but we utilized him great alongside Whaley to give us a legit 3rd threat out of the backfield. You pick your poison.  Ozen chose to watch Whaley and Foster finished with over 100 yards rushing.  Out coaches went to a couple of slant plays that worked.  Obviously this says that the playbook have expanded.  

#7 on D inv the player of the game with 2 great interceptions, which were huge gamechangers.  

I was worried about the adjustment after halftime, but we weathered Ozen's score out the gate after halftime.  

Now, I don't like that we are throwing quick hitch passes to Bennett, the 6'5" receiver.  Yes not going to make anyone miss and he isn't going to outrun anyone for Big gain.  He's a tall possession receiver and can be utilized on fade routs in the corner of the end zone.  Derry is your more athletic WR.  You throw passess to him like that more.  Other than that, props to the Jaguar staff. 

Ozen did play hard.  Ozen's 'Lil C' Calvin Tyler had me holding my breath every time he touched the ball.  That kid is fast.... Boyd is as good as advertized...  He is a muscular kid with great size and VERY elusive.  Great football talent.  Too bad basketball is his first love.  I'm told he has some offers in football, but he also has a few offers in basketball, which I think what he wants to do at the collegiate level.