Invitation for Football Fans

Jacket Mom

As most games are played on Friday, I would like to extend an invitation to fellow football fans to come out to Aubry Bradley Stadium in Chester Saturday, Oct 17.  Chester hosts the High Island Cardinals for their Big Homecoming 2015.  The Homecoming Queen ceremony starts at 4:30 and kickoff is at 5pm.  For those who have not had the chance to watch this quicker version of football, I encourage you to make the trip.  Sixmanfootball.com has the Yellowjackets picked to win but I can promise you, High Island will not lay down and give it to us.  This game has great potential to be a high adrenaline shoot out and the Jackets are hungry to stay undefeated.  Last year the Jackets took the game from the Cardinals on their home turf, but the difference was due to key turnovers with great defensive plays.  It was an exciting game then and I don't expect any less excitement this year.  So load up your tailgaters and lawn chairs (cause it should be packed) and come watch some six-man football..I don't think you'll be disappointed.  And come hungry..we have pretty good burgers too.

Let's go Jackets!!!

you think those cement bleachers in the side of the hill will hold everybody? if you do go get you a burger from the concession stand.

I suggested lawn chairs because I expect standing room only...we also have a couple hills, one at each end zone that will accommodate those who don't mind lounging :)  I would suggest bringing a blanket for that.

I suggested lawn chairs because I expect standing room only...we also have a couple hills, one at each end zone that will accommodate those who don't mind lounging :)  I would suggest bringing a blanket for that.

how old is that field? i thought i heard someone say it was from the 30-40's

how old is that field? i thought i heard someone say it was from the 30-40's

This is what I found out...  The field was built in 1933 but not played on until 1944 (although at this point I am unsure why) and had hardwood bleachers on both sides.  Games before 1944 were played out at the old Pump Station.  The concrete bleachers were built in the early 1950's by a government work crew called WPA (and for those that are unaware they are only on one side of the field).   So today it is 82 years old but we are playing our 71st season at Aubry Bradley Stadium since it was 11 years before it was used.  How is that for history!  I love going to games there because it is so nostalgic.  We probably have one of the most unique and oldest stadiums in use today.  People may make fun of us but I wouldn't trade it AT&T stadium or any other.