What is wrong with Kountze and Newton this year!

Kountze never really does much in football so I'm not sure why you're asking what's 'wrong' with them. Newton has faced 2 obstacles this year...a tough pre-district schedule, and their coach not able to be there much for health issues. I'm sure they will be fine through district and into the playoffs. Kountze will have to work hard just to compete for one of the last 2 playoff spots. I think they'll go to Buna and Woodville though.. IMO.

Newton will be fine , they went 2-3 in pre district last year so no big deal .. I'm just wondering why Koutze and Newton are even in the same sentence . Koutze has never been good , they made playoffs what 2 times in last 30 years . Newton made it every year the last 20 years . 

Edited by Back2swag

Back to normal Friday night will be more like it.

I like your outlook, but do you really think that Newton can really boast the same talent level as the they have in the past few hundred years...LOL...you know what I am getting at...and maybe talent is the wrong word maybe its being seasoned and player maturity...nevertheless its a cycle in my book and that says nothing about the program, because Newton Football has my respect.

Newton does not have the same talent as the last several years. We lost the three big good monster linemen and our best running back and QB . Just a down year for Newton. Newton will be competitive and make the playoff. Our best defensive back went to A&M. Newton playing the 4a teams is like WO-S playing R.Foster. As for Newton going 1-9, that just is not going to happen. When W.T. gets back to where he has his hands on the team things will get better. Newton will probably win district.

Newton does not have the same talent as the last several years. We lost the three big good monster linemen and our best running back and QB . Just a down year for Newton. Newton will be competitive and make the playoff. Our best defensive back went to A&M. Newton playing the 4a teams is like WO-S playing R.Foster. As for Newton going 1-9, that just is not going to happen. When W.T. gets back to where he has his hands on the team things will get better. Newton will probably win district.

Probably win district?? They will win district and with ease.

Newton has the same talent every year just some years it takes the kids more games to get it all together. You will see starting Friday the Newton of old I guarantee you that don't be surprised when you look up and Newton is back at the title game again this year.

False.  Newton once won the 3A (new 4A) state championship, and have also once won the 2A (new 3A) state championship.  Newton does not have anywhere near the talent to do either of those again.  In fact, Newton made it to the state title game last year only after dropping a classification again.  That is still very good...but when they were in same class as their former district opponents just one year earlier (EC, Kirbyville, etc.) they didn't get past round 3.

So to think they have the same talent as they have had before is just not true.

False. Newton once won the 3A (new 4A) state championship, and have also once won the 2A (new 3A) state championship.  Newton does not have anywhere near the talent to do either of those again.  In fact, Newton made it to the state title game last year only after dropping a classification again.  That is still very good...but when they were in same class as their former district opponents just one year earlier (EC, Kirbyville, etc.) they didn't get past round 3.

So to think they have the same talent as they have had before is just not true.

False.  2008 and 2009 Newton went 4 rounds deep. 

In 2008 Daingerfield squeaked out a 3 point win in the quarter finals and went on to win state easily. 

That game was in Carthage. I was there seen it all, they tore us up all first half with little dump passes and screens, made adjustments 2nd half and came up 3 points short awesome game, we was one heal of a nike shoe from winning, I believe it was the jacoby kid with the reception and the defender dove and grabbed his heal enough to trip him up

False.  2008 and 2009 Newton went 4 rounds deep. 

In 2008 Daingerfield squeaked out a 3 point win in the quarter finals and went on to win state easily. 

Well you are just solidifying my point.  Newton does not have the talent this year to do that in that classification.  They lost to Orangefield and Bridge City....who may have an improved mind set but still have very similar teams/talent as always.  Newton normally runs away with both of those games.

Well you are just solidifying my point.  Newton does not have the talent this year to do that in that classification.  They lost to Orangefield and Bridge City....who may have an improved mind set but still have very similar teams/talent as always.  Newton normally runs away with both of those games.

your point makes no sense. Newton has 2 future fbs players , Loads of talent just not enough depth to play with the 4a teams this year .. Plus they are missing there head coach .

What doesn't make sense?..  My argument is against the statement that "Newton has the same talent every year".  I say they don't have the same talent every year.  I'm arguing that Newton has less talent this year than the years they won state titles and made deep runs in higher classifications. Did I say they don't have talent?.. No, I don't think I did not.

I'm just saying that in a "normal" Newton year they are killing teams like Orangefield and Bridge City.  Because I think that those two teams are about the same they have always been.  Maybe a little better....but shouldn't be good enough to beat a typical Newton team.