Texas at #4 TCU

PhatMack19

Looking at what TCU's defense did last weekend, this will hopefully be a good opportunity for the young players on the Texas offense to continue to gain some momentum and confidence.  I don't see texas keeping this one very close, but it could still do them some good to put up 30 or 40 points on the #4 team in the country.

This game could get very interesting as TCU has given up 55 (TT) and 37 (SMU) to mostly passing offenses.  Will they be able to slow down Texas that over the last 2 weeks has been able to do both with Heard on the scramble.

This game has the potential to end up looking like the TCU - TT game and over 100 total points being scored again.

This game could get very interesting as TCU has given up 55 (TT) and 37 (SMU) to mostly passing offenses.  Will they be able to slow down Texas that over the last 2 weeks has been able to do both with Heard on the scramble.

This game has the potential to end up looking like the TCU - TT game and over 100 total points being scored again.

They need the Heard that played against Cal to show up to have a chance against TCU.  Not the one that played last week where the defense scored more points than the offense.

lost 2 tough games on fluke special teams plays.  Playing the 3rd most freshmen in the country.  It is what it is.  Gonna be some growing pains.  At least they're not afraid to schedule out of conference games.  (Talking to you LSU).  

Since the "team is young" seems to be the motto these days for sip fans, lets look at the number of freshman and sophomores in the 2 deep at some other Big 12 school schools. 

TT - 17 
BU - 19 
TCU - 24 
OU- 23
tu - 22

Thoughts?

Since the "team is young" seems to be the motto these days for sip fans, lets look at the number of freshman and sophomores in the 2 deep at some other Big 12 school schools. 

TT - 17 
BU - 19 
TCU - 24 
OU- 23
tu - 22

Thoughts?

think real hard.  2 deep.   How many on the other schools are number 2s?  How many sophomores?  I heard on one of the Saturday shows Texas has the youngest D1 program in terms of starters.  Thoughts?

think real hard.  2 deep.   How many on the other schools are number 2s?  How many sophomores?  I heard on one of the Saturday shows Texas has the youngest D1 program in terms of starters.  Thoughts?

I'm thinking real hard and most teams have a rotation of players that rotate in and out of the game with the exception of QB and OLine.  2 deep is a pretty good judge of the players that are on the field most of the time. 

I'm thinking real hard and most teams have a rotation of players that rotate in and out of the game with the exception of QB and OLine.  2 deep is a pretty good judge of the players that are on the field most of the time. 

Think harder.  Because if you've played more than umpire in little league baseball, you'd know that starters get more reps than than the backups.  To break it down even further (being apparent you need it), more reps mean they play more.  Thus, the significance of being a starter.  But nice attempt at a troll.  To put it in your parlance, I appreciate the softballs.  Keep 'em coming ;)

TT - 17 
BU - 19 
TCU - 24 
OU- 23
tu - 22

Thoughts?

Why don't you ever come up with crap stats like this for your conference? You still live in the Big XII!

Why don't you ever come up with crap stats like this for your conference? You still live in the Big XII!

Oh Oh Oh (raises hand) I think I know I think I know - could it possibly be that all off season we heard how Texas A&M was gonna suk and lose to Arizona State and Arkansas and - as well - just about everybody else and that Texas was gonna turn that corner and be a factor in the Big 12 (yes please go back and review if you forgot).  No Texas fans are making every excuse they can think of and having the youngest team is the one that is being played the loudest at the moment.  It might well be true there are several young teams out there including Texas A&M that are fielding many freshmen and soph. on their teams.

Really all Texas needs to point to at this time is their kicking game - without major mishaps there they would very likely be 3 - 1.

Oh Oh Oh (raises hand) I think I know I think I know - could it possibly be that all off season we heard how Texas A&M was gonna suk and lose to Arizona State and Arkansas and - as well - just about everybody else and that Texas was gonna turn that corner and be a factor in the Big 12 (yes please go back and review if you forgot).  No Texas fans are making every excuse they can think of and having the youngest team is the one that is being played the loudest at the moment.  It might well be true there are several young teams out there including Texas A&M that are fielding many freshmen and soph. on their teams.

Really all Texas needs to point to at this time is their kicking game - without major mishaps there they would very likely be 3 - 1.

Very true about the kicking mishaps.  I think the point with youth is that we are getting what you expect.  A lot of mistakes but also significant growth each week.  

As for the Aggies start, let's wait and see.  Refresh my memory how they started last year before finishing tied for 9th in conference?  South Caroline started the year more highly ranked than ASU this year.  And after ASU was beatdown 35-0 at half by a USC team that is likely a middle of the pack finisher in the PAC 12, that win is already losing luster (although admittedly the PAC 12 is a tougher conference).  Point is, it's still early.  

Texas won the last trip to Ft Worth for those that want some burnt orange optimism.  And they could certainly put up some points this time.  But as long as TCU puts the Tech miracle behind them, I think the Froggies score 50, which should be more than enough.

Your are very right Hoops we will have to let the year proceed for both Texas and Texas A&M and see where it takes us.

I see many potential road blocks in the way for Texas A&M for the remainder of 2015.  I see big challenges and 4 potential losses in Miss State, Bama, Ole Miss and LSU - If Texas A&M can win 1/2 of those games  they have a chance at a 10-2 or a 9-3 season - I would figure that to be a major win for 2015 as I think 2016 is setting up to be the better year.   Even if the Aggie's fall flat and lose all those games they will still very likely still be 8-4 - I can accept that - not happy but accepting.

But I see more road blocks for Texas - I see 5 more potential losses with TCU, Oklahoma, WVU, TT and Baylor - will Texas fans be jumping out of buildings is they lose 8 games?  Just wondering.  Even if they win 1/2 of those games (doubtful) they will still like have a record at best of 6 to 7 wins - really not much improvement if any from last year.  I will agree that Texas needs to set its sights on 2016 and 2017 but will have to navigate this year.

A&M had 24 freshman and sophomores in the 2 deep last year and went 8-5 in the SEC West.  Those losses included a BS non call on offsides against LSU, and a terrible play call against Mizzou on 4th & goal from the 1 where Spav thought it would be neat to call a TE screen to a guy we never throw to.  I just don't remember all of the whining and excuses from Aggie fans. 

A&M had 24 freshman and sophomores in the 2 deep last year and went 8-5 in the SEC West.  Those losses included a BS non call on offsides against LSU, and a terrible play call against Mizzou on 4th & goal from the 1 where Spav thought it would be neat to call a TE screen to a guy we never throw to.  I just don't remember all of the whining and excuses from Aggie fans. 

Difference, Aggies chug beer, horns sip whine.

this is supposed to be about Texas/tcu, but I'll bite. 

Wins over Arkansas and asu will not look so good. Rember South Carolina and thrill

On topic

if we can:

eliminate special team mistakes

score a couple of TD' on ST

score a couple TDs on D

Heard break his own record

JGray rush for 100 yards

Johnson catch TD pass

Burt catch a TD pass

Malik has 20 tackles, 5 tfl and 5 sacks

continue to show improvement in line play

I THINK we have a chance to win. 

this is supposed to be about Texas/tcu, but I'll bite. 

Wins over Arkansas and asu will not look so good. Rember South Carolina and thrill

Texas has a chance against TCU - I have stated that - but they also have a chance to be 1-4 at the end of the day.  Will see if Charlie can make his team step up!  Key to the game is can Texas defense stop TCU (hell anyone for that matter) if they cannot will be a long day for the Horns.  Texas D giving up almost 40 points a game so far this year.

On the other note rationalize it anyway that makes you feel better - A&M 4-0 and Texas 1-3 those are facts regardless of how you look at it.  And trust me on this Arkansas will have and upset or two in their remaining SEC games - just watch.

Texas has a chance against TCU - I have stated that - but they also have a chance to be 1-4 at the end of the day.  Will see if Charlie can make his team step up!  Key to the game is can Texas defense stop TCU (hell anyone for that matter) if they cannot will be a long day for the Horns.  Texas D giving up almost 40 points a game so far this year.

On the other note rationalize it anyway that makes you feel better - A&M 4-0 and Texas 1-3 those are facts regardless of how you look at it.  And trust me on this Arkansas will have and upset or two in their remaining SEC games - just watch.

I know how all you sec fans have to rely on quality wins and losses.