PAISD cuts Executive AD position

I can't argue with the general reasoning of the PAISD.  In a one high school district, a executive AD is a luxury...a luxury that most school districts can't afford (peering westward).

I do, however, have a HUGE problem with the timing of this.  If PAISD saw that this was such a drain on the 2015-16 budget, why did it wait until nearly a month into the school year before it decided that it could no longer justify the position.  This leaves Coach Boutte with little or no options for other employment as we are now a little over a month away from the basketball season, Coach's specialty.

Money.  It's always about money.

It should be about money which in this case belongs to taxpayers. 

On the money issue however, what will it help? Are there other cuts to come that will make a significant impact or it is just this position that is being cut?

I think the PAISD annual budget is around $74 million a year. I read in the news that this cut would save the district about $70,000 or about 1/10th of 1% of the budget. That means that 99.9% of the taxes will remain in place if this is their big cut. What does that mean for local tax payers (since I think about half of the budget comes from the plants)? It comes to about 4 cents per month for each PA resident. 

Okay, so they are saving each person in the city less than a nickel each month. Don't spend it all in one place.................

Now if this is a drop in the bucket of cuts and they are about to get serious, then do so. If this is the only "big" cut from the budget and unless there are many more to follow, it makes me think that it is something other than a nickel each month. 

In my opinion. 

It should be about money which in this case belongs to taxpayers

On the money issue however, what will it help? Are there other cuts to come that will make a significant impact or it is just this position that is being cut?

I think the PAISD annual budget is around $74 million a year. I read in the news that this cut would save the district about $70,000 or about 1/10th of 1% of the budget. That means that 99.9% of the taxes will remain in place if this is their big cut. What does that mean for local tax payers (since I think about half of the budget comes from the plants)? It comes to about 4 cents per month for each PA resident. 

Okay, so they are saving each person in the city less than a nickel each month. Don't spend it all in one place.................

Now if this is a drop in the bucket of cuts and they are about to get serious, then do so. If this is the only "big" cut from the budget and unless there are many more to follow, it makes me think that it is something other than a nickel each month. 

In my opinion. 

Know what else belongs to tax payers?...  The right and ability to vote for the individuals that made this decision.  Tax payers of PAISD put the people in place to cut this position.  Don't like it? Vote to change it...that's all I can tell you.  You guys (PAISD citizens) put these people in a position to make the best decisions for the students of the school district financially..so don't gripe when they do.

Memorial seems to be paving the way for a new Head football coach/ AD..........No Head coach worth his salt would take the job without the AD stipend attached. Its the only way to get the salary up. Gamble must be losing his foothold, he was seen at the board meeting in support of Boutte to no avail.........He sees whats coming.

Hey BG a lot of people claim that Kenny job was also secured because of Boutte. So if he don't improve do you think they pull the plug on him.

He's gone regardless IMO, after the 2011 season ppl wanted him gone. Reminds me of San Augustine after they won state. 

My biggest complaint of Xbox is not him as a person but the X's and O's or lack there of.  I hate the spread and when I compare PAM's execution vs. a SLC or a Lake Travis, it's like only 5% of the playbook is being used.  PAM should reload every year vs. waiting on a specific player/group.........

Memorial seems to be paving the way for a new Head football coach/ AD..........No Head coach worth his salt would take the job without the AD stipend attached. Its the only way to get the salary up. Gamble must be losing his foothold, he was seen at the board meeting in support of Boutte to no avail.........He sees whats coming.

That is what I am talking about. Has to be more than just $70K.  

Know what else belongs to tax payers?...  The right and ability to vote for the individuals that made this decision.  Tax payers of PAISD put the people in place to cut this position.  Don't like it? Vote to change it...that's all I can tell you.  You guys (PAISD citizens) put these people in a position to make the best decisions for the students of the school district financially..so don't gripe when they do.

Wait, people shouldn't be able to gripe about elected officials because they were elected? 

Missed the First Amendment in school?