Silsbee 38 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 21/Final

WOSgrad

yes he's playing and doesn't look like he needs to.  He dropped one that he never drops and that last one in the end zone he he catches most of the time.  He comes to the sideline in obvious pain.  Now that's not the reason we haven't put up that many points but it is playing a part. Just like was said our defense not being able to get off  the field is the big reason.  

You must think highly of your team. They have struggled with LCM. 

oh my bad, didn't mean to take up precious thread space. I must not have seen the iPhone/terrible mobile site thread. I'll look harder next time when I zoom.

like i said, i wasn't trying to be a jerk.  I was telling you that so that you could maybe get some help with your problem.  I passed it on in the admins in our forum, but it usually makes a bigger difference when they see the complaints directly from our members, which they're not likely to do in this thread.

Congrats Silsbee, good job. I still think that Silsbee will be the team to beat in this district. Pretty much turned out the way I thought it would. Silsbee's well balanced and well coached. LCM did what they had to do just to keep the ball out of Silsbee's hands or the score would have been worst than what it was.  I still think LCM will be good for the rest of the season. The next two weeks will be the determining factor though.

Final.  KOGT said LCM only threw 7 times completing just 1,  I'm no offensive genius, but I believe you to have more balance from your offense,.  Just my opinion though,

I won't disagree with your statement but I think they did a good job until we scored that last TD.  They were running the ball almost at will.  Now the problem with so little passing is once the needed to late in the game ,  they haven't established any confidence in a passing game.  I dont know about that reverse on 4th and 10 either,  it was one of those if it works your a hero but if it doesn't it was a horrible call. I would like to be able to say we have enough speed on the edges that it was a bad call but we had given up yards outside a good bit of the night.  I have to wonder why we didn't see number 5 get the ball more after that first quarter.  He seemed like another strong runner that was giving us fits.   The only other questionable thing to me was that kick at the end of the first half,  if it was a called on sides,  it was another hero or goat call.  I just wouldn't take the chance against our offense of giving a short field with little time left in the half.  C

congratrulations to my Tigers on a hard fought win.   Overcoming a tough night to pull out a hard fought win.  I know we had Mackey hurting and still making a big play.  I also saw where another key player may have been sick  in the middle of the week not sure if he was over it or not but he played hard tonight.  Keep playing hard guys!!

I won't disagree with your statement but I think they did a good job until we scored that last TD.  They were running the ball almost at will.  Now the problem with so little passing is once the needed to late in the game ,  they haven't established any confidence in a passing game.  I dont know about that reverse on 4th and 10 either,  it was one of those if it works your a hero but if it doesn't it was a horrible call. I would like to be able to say we have enough speed on the edges that it was a bad call but we had given up yards outside a good bit of the night.  I have to wonder why we didn't see number 5 get the ball more after that first quarter.  He seemed like another strong runner that was giving us fits.   The only other questionable thing to me was that kick at the end of the first half,  if it was a called on sides,  it was another hero or goat call.  I just wouldn't take the chance against our offense of giving a short field with little time left in the half.  C

congratrulations to my Tigers on a hard fought win.   Overcoming a tough night to pull out a hard fought win.  I know we had Mackey hurting and still making a big play.  I also saw where another key player may have been sick  in the middle of the week not sure if he was over it or not but he played hard tonight.  Keep playing hard guys!!

We have called a onside kick in almost every game this year. We ran the reverse against the Hawks and it did not work. The 4 and 10 draw play was pretty bad call also. I will say Silsbee did a great job by taking our full back out of the game. That middle was pretty plugged up all night. Our full back has been really our bread and butter. #5 Winters was playing both ways so #27 Webb came in the game on offense some to give him a break. I just think our offense is still to predictable we need to mix it up  are something. Our Defense I thought did good with those deep passes. I think we should had at least one of those interceptions.

Just a few quick stats:

1    2   3   4    T

Tigers   8   16   7   7   38

Bears   7    7    0   7   21

Silsbee                                                    LC-M

Passing

D. Thomas   10-19-108-1-0                    C. Winters         1 -1 -16 -1-0

B. Bickham        1-10- 7-0-1

Rushing

D, Thomas           19-116 3TD                 C, Winters       18-92

A, Thomas            16-81  TD                   S. King             15-50  TD

D. Armstrong        3-8                              J. Douglas       11-97  TD

T. Lowe                1-17                            B. Bickham       7-18

D. Webb           3-21

Receiving

T. Lowe               4-28                            B. Bickham       1-16   TD

K. Mackey          2-20                             C. Winters        1-7

K. Barnes           2-15

D. Armstrong     1-32  TD

B. Newton          1-13

Sil                      LC-M

First Downs                          18                        16

Rush/Pass/Pen                 13/5/0                  14/2/0

Rushing Att.                          39                        54

Rushing Yds                        222                      278

Passing Yds                        108                        23

Comp/Att/INT                   10/19/0                  2/11/1

Turnovers                              0                           1

Fumble                                  0                           0

INT                                        0                           1

Penalties                            5-49                       4-33

Punts                                 2-33.5                    3-35.3

Inside 20                               2                            0

Third Down                         6/12                       5/14

Fourth Down                       3/4                         3/6

TOP                                  20:39                     27:21  

We have called a onside kick in almost every game this year. We ran the reverse against the Hawks and it did not work. The 4 and 10 draw play was pretty bad call also. I will say Silsbee did a great job by taking our full back out of the game. That middle was pretty plugged up all night. Our full back has been really our bread and butter. #5 Winters was playing both ways so #27 Webb came in the game on offense some to give him a break. I just think our offense is still to predictable we need to mix it up  are something. Our Defense I thought did good with those deep passes. I think we should had at least one of those interceptions.

I did notice Winters on defense some and figured that played a part.