14 yr old Muslim Clockmaker

PhatMack19

In short- Kid brings a homemade clock to school, gets arrested, then Obama invites him to the White House. 

I've never seen a homemade bomb in real life, but from what I've seen on TV that clock in a briefcase sure looked a whole hell of a lot like a bomb to me.  You can't blame the school for taking precautions especially with the way society is these days.  Was he profiled?  Maybe, but who are building bombs and blowing things up all across the world? 

Also how does Obama find the time to make a public statement about this kid being mistreated, but can't come out and denounce a hate group that is rallying people to assassinate law enforcement?  That man's priorities are all out of whack.  

In short- Kid brings a homemade clock to school, gets arrested, then Obama invites him to the White House. 

I've never seen a homemade bomb in real life, but from what I've seen on TV that clock in a briefcase sure looked a whole hell of a lot like a bomb to me.  You can't blame the school for taking precautions especially with the way society is these days.  Was he profiled?  Maybe, but who are building bombs and blowing things up all across the world? 

Also how does Obama find the time to make a public statement about this kid being mistreated, but can't come out and denounce a hate group that is rallying people to assassinate law enforcement?  That man's priorities are all out of whack.  

The kid is a Muslim and the hate group is black ppl.  They look like Yobammy.  That is your answer.

So am I safe to assume that you guys think it's okay that this kid got handcuffed and taken to a juvenile detention center because he was muslim? Is that the overall impression from this enlightened group of deep thinkers on setxsports?  Awesome

No, the only reason Yobammy has interjected into this situation is because the kid is Muslim. That is what is being said.

"dang president wouldn't get involved if a white kid got arrested for building a clock that people assumed was a bomb!!!!"

...but wait...that would never happen because if the kid weren't muslim everybody would have said "hey cool clock" and he wouldn't have been arrested

too many paradoxes here, by brain hurts...I better listen to some more Rush Limbaugh and Toby Keith songs and get myself more smarter

"dang president wouldn't get involved if a white kid got arrested for building a clock that people assumed was a bomb!!!!"

...but wait...that would never happen because if the kid weren't muslim everybody would have said "hey cool clock" and he wouldn't have been arrested

too many paradoxes here, by brain hurts...I better listen to some more Rush Limbaugh and Toby Keith songs and get myself more smarter

Sooooooo...what about the kids who have been expelled or suspended because their sandwich looked like a gun??? or because they make a gun with their fingers???? You are a hypocrite without a doubt........

Obviously this has gone over your head. 

I'm sorry as a young black man I try hard not to profile anyone. But I think the school did the right job kid shouldn't been handcuff and arrested but a Muslim kid with a ticking device come on Now if it would have blown the school would be called idiots for not taking caution. It is what it is. Blame Islamic terrorist not the school. 

So am I safe to assume that you guys think it's okay that this kid got handcuffed and taken to a juvenile detention center because he was muslim? Is that the overall impression from this enlightened group of deep thinkers on setxsports?  Awesome

So am I safe to assume that you haven't looked up the actual law the young angel was detained for?  I am truly amazed at the outpouring of support for the young man.  In todays society you simply have to take a proactive approach toward public safety.  No harm - no foul.  Once it was determined to not be a bomb, the young lad was released.  He never had to sleep in a cell.  Now he gets a free trip to Washington D.C. on the taxpayers dime to meet his president.

This is the hidden content, please

§ 46.08.  HOAX BOMBS.  (a)  A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:
                (1)  make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device;  or
                (2)  cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.
        (b)  An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

Sooooooo...what about the kids who have been expelled or suspended because their sandwich looked like a gun??? or because they make a gun with their fingers???? You are a hypocrite without a doubt........

I don't understand...the kids who got in trouble for making sandwich guns...that was really stupid...this kid getting arrested for a clock...also really stupid...the only way the two things are related is that they are stupid. If you want to make an argument that school officials in this case weren't racist, just dumb....I'm with you on that...school officials most likely were extremely dumb, but probably racist too

So am I safe to assume that you haven't looked up the actual law the young angel was detained for?  I am truly amazed at the outpouring of support for the young man.  In todays society you simply have to take a proactive approach toward public safety.  No harm - no foul.  Once it was determined to not be a bomb, the young lad was released.  He never had to sleep in a cell.  Now he gets a free trip to Washington D.C. on the taxpayers dime to meet his president.

This is the hidden content, please

§ 46.08.  HOAX BOMBS.  (a)  A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:
                (1)  make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device;  or
                (2)  cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.
        (b)  An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

You do realize that the charges were dropped right?...at no point did the young man try to lead anyone to believe that it was a bomb, people jumped to the conclusion that it was a bomb, because of the kid's skin color and religion...no other reason

You do realize that you have made a conclusion of what others did based solely on your assumptions. 

I am sure that it had nothing to do with a bunch of wires attached to a circuit board inside of a briefcase. Obviously anyone could have seen that and determined that it was a clock. 

If 99% (maybe higher) of the people in the world, who blow up themselves and others with hidden bombs, are Muslims, then arresting a Muslim with what appears to be a bomb is not being racist. Where does any sane thinking person come up with that? Did he fit a profile? You bet he did. Solution?......DON'T FIT THE PROFILE!

We have had several bomb threats called in locally by white kids, who were caught, arrested, and charged. Funny, I didn't hear a peep out of anyone taking their side.