14 yr old Muslim Clockmaker

PhatMack19

You do realize that you have made a conclusion of what others did based solely on your assumptions. 

I am sure that it had nothing to do with a bunch of wires attached to a circuit board inside of a briefcase. Obviously anyone could have seen that and determined that it was a clock. 

It's a fair point, I don't know what was going through the minds of the people involved. it's also completely possible that the kid orchestrated the entire thing just to be a smart azz knowing that it would flip everybody out, if that's the case then the school officials fell right into his hands by reacting exactly the way he wanted them to and giving him the attention he desired. It sounds from the news reports like the kid is a good kid that's on the robotics team at the school, schools with robotics teams build things, those thing are electronic....electronic things have wires..not just bombs

"I don't let my daughter around black guys because I know that some black guys once raped a girl....I'd rather be called racist than have my daughter get raped"

"I don't want my son to to stay the night at his friend Hector's house, I know some Mexicans like to drink Tecate beer..I'd rather be called a racist than have my son around Tecate drinking"

"I don't want my son to hang out with white people...my grandfather got treated like a second class citizen by some white people..I'd rather be called a racist then have my son treated like he's less than others"

...this thing can go on and on

if it was a bomb the time it took to handcuff him would blow you to smithereens. 

do you really think they said, "Hey, that looks like a bomb. Put you hands behind your back."? I would have gotten myself and everyone else as far away as I thought was safe. But keep having your fun with the racist thing. It is laughable.

"I don't let my daughter around black guys because I know that some black guys once raped a girl....I'd rather be called racist than have my daughter get raped"

"I don't want my son to to stay the night at his friend Hector's house, I know some Mexicans like to drink Tecate beer..I'd rather be called a racist than have my son around Tecate drinking"

"I don't want my son to hang out with white people...my grandfather got treated like a second class citizen by some white people..I'd rather be called a racist then have my son treated like he's less than others"

...this thing can go on and on

1. Lots of women are rapped by Hispanics and Caucasians.

2. Not worth answering

3. Do you really think that white people are the only ones who put others down?

like you said, this could go on and on.

If you take the time to analyze everything you just mentioned, you get blown to smithereens.

This is not Israel where terrorist attacks happen regularly, and as much as some people hate to admin it, the united states is not involved in a holy war against the religion of Islam. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than being the victim of a terrorist attack. So many of us have been duped by the oldest trick in the book. The state generates fear among the population, and uses that fear to gain more power for themselves. "The (insert boogeyman of the time) are coming for you, they want to kill your children and fundamentally change your way of life, only we can protect you if you vote for our party/group/religion/dogma....and if you don't stand with US, then you stand the THEM!!"

It's an old song that we keep dancing to, Hitler convinced the Germans that the jews were taking over their culture, The radical Mullahs in the goat towns of the Middle East have convinced the people that the USA wants to take over the world and destroy Islam...and right here in our own country, we spent fifty years scared of a boogeyman called "communism" that was trying to take over the world (I did nuclear duck and cover drills in elementary school).....we know now that communism was never much of the threat, the Soviet Union had no intention on world domination, they could barely keep their own country together and it eventually collapsed under its own weight, but that didn't stop us from feeling like we had to stop the spread of this evil wherever it was...leading to damaging wars and thousands of husbands and sons killing and dying for bad theories and fear mongering politics...then september 11th...now a new "ism" we can all be scared of...more stupid wars for nothing, more death...another boogeyman to fear, and the sheep just keep on bleating...I wonder what manufactured fears our children will have...I'm thinking we'll go with ginger people..that should work

1. Lots of women are rapped by Hispanics and Caucasians.

2. Not worth answering

3. Do you really think that white people are the only ones who put others down?

like you said, this could go on and on.

I think you missed my point.......bigotry coming from the standpoint of "better safe than sorry"....is still bigotry, and it's still stupid

This is not Israel where terrorist attacks happen regularly, and as much as some people hate to admin it, the united states is not involved in a holy war against the religion of Islam. You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than being the victim of a terrorist attack. So many of us have been duped by the oldest trick in the book. The state generates fear among the population, and uses that fear to gain more power for themselves. "The (insert boogeyman of the time) are coming for you, they want to kill your children and fundamentally change your way of life, only we can protect you if you vote for our party/group/religion/dogma....and if you don't stand with US, then you stand the THEM!!"

It's an old song that we keep dancing to, Hitler convinced the Germans that the jews were taking over their culture, The radical Mullahs in the goat towns of the Middle East have convinced the people that the USA wants to take over the world and destroy Islam...and right here in our own country, we spent fifty years scared of a boogeyman called "communism" that was trying to take over the world (I did nuclear duck and cover drills in elementary school).....we know now that communism was never much of the threat, the Soviet Union had no intention on world domination, they could barely keep their own country together and it eventually collapsed under its own weight, but that didn't stop us from feeling like we had to stop the spread of this evil wherever it was...leading to damaging wars and thousands of husbands and sons killing and dying for bad theories and fear mongering politics...then september 11th...now a new "ism" we can all be scared of...more stupid wars for nothing, more death...another boogeyman to fear, and the sheep just keep on bleating...I wonder what manufactured fears our children will have...I'm thinking we'll go with ginger people..that should work

The threat of communism was real....and still is. The threat of being nuked from Cuba was real. These things were not conjured up simply as a scare tactic. The threat of terrorist bombings on our home turf, whether from abroad or from homegrown maggots, is real. ( Oklahoma City, 9/11, Boston Marathon) these are not apparitions. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Err on the side of caution. This does not make you paranoid.

The biggest difference between now and then, is leadership. I can't imagine Obama being commander-in-chief during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

What if this Muslim kid had brought a toy gun to school? Some of these toys look very real. Would he have had to be a white kid to make an arrest since most school shootings are committed by whites? Ah, that would be profiling...something we should address before he begins shooting.

The threat of communism was real....and still is. The threat of being nuked from Cuba was real. These things were not conjured up simply as a scare tactic. The threat of terrorist bombings on our home turf, whether from abroad or from homegrown maggots, is real. ( Oklahoma City, 9/11, Boston Marathon) these are not apparitions. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Err on the side of caution. This does not make you paranoid.

The biggest difference between now and then, is leadership. I can't imagine Obama being commander-in-chief during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

What if this Muslim kid had brought a toy gun to school? Some of these toys look very real. Would he have had to be a white kid to make an arrest since most school shootings are committed by whites? Ah, that would be profiling...something we should address before he begins shooting.

Very well stated.

Heres the largest problem with everyone: When is it going to stop matter what religion someone is or what color their skin is? Even the head of this title had to include religion. Everything is based on one of these two. Islam and Christianity descend from the same people who believe in the same God. Yet there has always been hatred. Christians killing Muslims during the Crusades and the Reconquista. Terrorist and ISIS attacks today. We are all the same, but in every religion there are groups that think the others are bad.

My issue with this case was the police interrogating the child without his parents presence. He never told them a wrong answer. They asked what it was. He said clock. They asked why he brought it. He said to show his teachers. He is 14. He built a clock out of a pencil sharpener. He wanted to show his teachers thinking they would be impressed. He is a mechanical genius, yet in todays world there is so much fear that people think a 14 year old who has never been in trouble is going to bring a bomb to school. The fact that he is Muslim and a son of the immigrant worries people. But there is no reason. I have to agree with the President on this case. Instead of being fearful because of religion or skin, we should be praising those who are smart and are thinking outside box.

Heres the largest problem with everyone: When is it going to stop matter what religion someone is or what color their skin is? Even the head of this title had to include religion. Everything is based on one of these two. Islam and Christianity descend from the same people who believe in the same God. Yet there has always been hatred. Christians killing Muslims during the Crusades and the Reconquista. Terrorist and ISIS attacks today. We are all the same, but in every religion there are groups that think the others are bad.

My issue with this case was the police interrogating the child without his parents presence. He never told them a wrong answer. They asked what it was. He said clock. They asked why he brought it. He said to show his teachers. He is 14. He built a clock out of a pencil sharpener. He wanted to show his teachers thinking they would be impressed. He is a mechanical genius, yet in todays world there is so much fear that people think a 14 year old who has never been in trouble is going to bring a bomb to school. The fact that he is Muslim and a son of the immigrant worries people. But there is no reason. I have to agree with the President on this case. Instead of being fearful because of religion or skin, we should be praising those who are smart and are thinking outside box.

im glad he got the invite to DC, he's probably smarter than half of the elected officials there lol. 

Also Nasa, Facebook and MIT invited him also. I hear he is enrolling at another HS as well. :)

@CNN: Clock-making teen #AhmedMohamed is transferring to another school, his family says:

This is the hidden content, please
This is the hidden content, please

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity
Found and inserted link

do you really think they said, "Hey, that looks like a bomb. Put you hands behind your back."? I would have gotten myself and everyone else as far away as I thought was safe. But keep having your fun with the racist thing. It is laughable.

do you even read do you comprehend what you read please tell me how any of my post would have you believe I'm using the racist thing. 

Wrong.....the god of the koran is NOT God.....a swift reading of both the koran and the BIBLE shows contradictions between the characteristics of the false islamic god, and the God who created the universe.......

Wrong all three religions split from Abraham. They all believe in the same creation story created by the same God.

And by saying God is Islam is a false God then you are saying that God is Christianity is a false God which is Blasphemy.

Edited by RaiderRed30

Wrong all three religions split from Abraham. They all believe in the same creation story created by the same God.

And by saying God is Islam is a false God then you are saying that God is Christianity is a false God which is Blasphemy.

Wrong again.....Judaism was given by God to the Jews.......Christianity replaced it when the perfect Sacrifice was made for our sins after having been under the schoolmaster of Judaism.......islam came from the mind of a murdering pedophile out in the desert......the only thing that split from Abraham was the ethnicities, not the religions.....The God who created the universe is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.....the koran  clearly teaches against the Trinity......the false god that the muslims worship is allah, or baal....there is no similarity at all.......the only ones committing blasphemy are those who try to say that YHWH and allah are one and the same.......

Edited by Colmesneilfan1

They are definitely one in the same, in the sense that they were both fabrications based off of the Jewish faith, which itself was a hodge podge of a few different tribal religions around at the time and some made up history slapped together

You will bow and tremble before that "fabrication of the Jewish faith" one day........hope you like it hot.......

Edited by Colmesneilfan1

I think a thorough rereading of the history of the cold war and an open mind will help you here. There was never at any time, in any way, a threat to the American people from communism. The Cuban Missle Crisis was a political maneuver, the Soviet Unions response to the USA's placing of nukes on Russian borders in Turkey. That's the closest it ever came. There was never a meeting in the Premier where Soviet Leaders got together and tried to figure out how to take over the united states and make it communist.....just as there is no country in the Muslim world with the goal of taking over the united states and making it muslim...there are groups that might talk that noise, but what they really want in power and influence over the Muslim World.....ISIS has no plans to come here and take over...but for reason we feel like it's a good idea for Americans to die fighting them

Allah means God. We are all descended from the same person Abraham. We all believe in the creation story and an afterlife. Both works speak of one another. Of course what you got from my post was your opinion. This issue is everyone sees difference and evil instead peace. So there are differences. There are differences between Catholics and Protestants. The point is the world especially the United States needs to stop judging by race and religion and instead judge by character. 

Islam, Judaism, Christianity, Bahai, Buddhism, Confuscism, Wiccan, and more shouldn't matter. But it does and that will continue to happen until we learn

do you even read do you comprehend what you read please tell me how any of my post would have you believe I'm using the racist thing. 

I comprehend fine. Even you said the kid did wrong. Can't figure any other angle for you to be concerned about him being cuffed. 

When I was in school, if there was going to be a fight after school in the alley behind the O,Banion's store, we went and watched. The kids who fought either left each other alone after tha or even became friends. If you had a fight in school, you went to the principal and possibly licks and/or detention. Nowadays, if you fight at school, assault charges are filed, you are cuffed, and go to jail. That's without having anything that resembles a bomb.