Big news out of Alvin ISD!

I looked on their website. I counted 13 Elementary's and 6 junior highs. I hope they don't take any enrollment away from Manvel with a new HS. Keep Hoka Hey in 6A! 

Manvel will be 5A next year and have a projected enrollment of about 1470 I believe. Shadow Creek High opens and will have a projected enrollment of 1805 taking kids from Manvel and Alvin high school. Not only will Manvel drop, a new powerhouse will also be created in 5A region 3. If they're both put in the district with George Ranch and Angleton they'll be a D2 school also.  

This is the hidden content, please

A much needed new stadium in the works…

Another HS coming soon as well?  Yikes

This is exactly what I mean when I talk about the changing landscape of THSF. I keep hearing the "talent comes in cycles" comment on this board. Well, If you have 1500 kids now and will have 2000 later, why would the talent lessen? If you can pay a coach X amount of dollars now, you'll be able to pay more as your tax base increases. Some are growing faster than others but pretty much every suburban area around Houston is growing quickly. The level of coaching and talent around town will only improve as everything else does.

That's what I think is hard for people in SETX that remember the good 'ole days to come to terms with.

I believe what you say is true. I also believe that it's possible for a team from SETX to have the talent to go all the way. Maybe not consistent talent year in and year out, but you can't say it's not possible.

We've been on the field with Manvel and I don't know of any team from 22 5A or 21 5A that would get past them, but we did come within 10 points.:)  10 very ugly points.

Edited by NDNation

I believe what you say is true. I also believe that it's possible for a team from SETX to have the talent to go all the way. Maybe not consistent talent year in and year out, but you can't say it's not possible.

We've been on the field with Manvel and I don't know of any team from 22 5A or 21 5A that would get past them, but we did come within 10 points.:)  10 very ugly points.

this is what i was preaching about. as an area, SETX have athletes. IMO, the adults have to come up or find new ways of getting every it of talent from the players. however, you are only going to get as much as the kid put in. there is NO reason that our area can't have one or two going 5rds EVERY year. Katy manage to do this and yet have schools bigger than them in the district. yes Katy has more students than any school in jeff,orange, and surrounding counties, but they have a PROGRAM. whatever they have is what our area is missing.

that stadium that's there now reminds me alot of PN-G stadium. Slightly smaller  home stands. Vistor side almost non existent. bird crap EVERYWHERE lol.

Oh Please! Look at that rickety old stadium Memorial is in. And dont get me started on the parking lot aka old peoples walking track. 

But I do have some good memories there...taught my kids to ride their bikes, relearned how to ride a bike there myself and fixing to teach my oldest how to drive in that old parking lot.

Oh Please! Look at that rickety old stadium Memorial is in. And dont get me started on the parking lot aka old peoples walking track. 

But I do have some good memories there...taught my kids to ride their bikes, relearned how to ride a bike there myself and fixing to teach my oldest how to drive in that old parking lot.

i wasn't talking bad about PNG stadium. Have you been to Alvins stadium?? the home side is HUGE, not as big as PN-G. pn-g vistors side is tiny unless they fixed it. PAM stadium is old, but despite what texas bob state, you can squeeze nearly 10k in that stadium! it was done my freshman year when lincoln and TJ played. also i laugh at PAM's toilet situation. same darn restrooms since i was a young bumblebee in the late 70's early 80's...still has not changed lol oh and PAM has the best parking(besides the butch) any stadium in the area.

Edited by pakronos

Just messing with ya. Never been to Alvins stadium. Our vistors side is still itty bitty..lol Only a couple schools fill it up though. I do think if they redid it and hashed out the parking situation, it might make a good playoff venue for some of the smaller schools. Memorial would be ideal for that also. Any playoff games been played there? 

Just messing with ya. Never been to Alvins stadium. Our vistors side is still itty bitty..lol Only a couple schools fill it up though. I do think if they redid it and hashed out the parking situation, it might make a good playoff venue for some of the smaller schools. Memorial would be ideal for that also. Any playoff games been played there? 

i want to say bridge city or silsbee used it probably 10-15 years ago.

in the 90s png vs silsbee and wos vs silsbee. Not sure about any others. 

i wasn't talking bad about PNG stadium. Have you been to Alvins stadium?? the home side is HUGE, not as big as PN-G. pn-g vistors side is tiny unless they fixed it. PAM stadium is old, but despite what texas bob state, you can squeeze nearly 10k in that stadium! it was done my freshman year when lincoln and TJ played. also i laugh at PAM's toilet situation. same darn restrooms since i was a young bumblebee in the late 70's early 80's...still has not changed lol oh and PAM has the best parking(besides the butch) any stadium in the area.

more than that, Png had a playoff game there before. 

Guess no one wants to travel out here to the refinery mecca..lol

It would be epic, if they put in a state of the art stadium by the new school. Not sure if there is enough room, or financial means, but that would be grand. 

more than enough land across the street from it. They could build a 15,000 seat stadium right across from the school with all that land, just buy it and clear the trees, but it will never happen. ;)

Sabine Pass and Nederland will have a new stadium before we do. 

I have never been to a Memorial game, do the fans support the team? Pack the Stadium? I have gone outside on game night and can hear the sounds and band from the stadium. Sounds like a crowd.

go to a Memorial vs LaPorte or Memorial vs NS game. Its been packed everytime. Certain games nope, like Sterling, DP or Ozen. Memorial vs WB used to be a somewhat big crowd on each side but its been years, not really a rivalry game, LP and NS are. CV last year was somewhat a big crowd but after that debacle…….. Well im sure you know the rest.