Orangefield vs LCM Scrimmage

In the controlled part of the scrimmage LCM didn't do much at all, only a couple of first downs with the first team offense, Orangefield's 1's struggled some too but had a couple nice drives at the end and scored on the last play of the controlled part. LCM did put a scoring drive together in the half of play but that was about it. Orangefield moved the ball the entire half of play but a costly turnover and some penalties stalled their drives and kept them out of the endzone. The last drive ended on the 10 yard line as time ran out on the Bobcats.

In my opinion LCM is going to really struggle this year, defensively they're very scrappy, but offensively I didn't see much from them. Orangefield really controlled the line of scrimmage and didn't give up any big plays. I did think that LCM looked better when they ran out of the shotgun spreading the field, but other than that the wing T stuff was shut down for the most part. I don't believe they have anyone going both ways, so that might help them some come district play. I know their offense took the field, 11 new players came on and Orangefield pretty much subbed in 2 or 3 guys. With that said I was very proud of our guys for battling all night, they played extremely hard and I believe the Bobcats are going to have a pretty good year.

In the controlled part of the scrimmage LCM didn't do much at all, only a couple of first downs with the first team offense, Orangefield's 1's struggled some too but had a couple nice drives at the end and scored on the last play of the controlled part. LCM did put a scoring drive together in the half of play but that was about it. Orangefield moved the ball the entire half of play but a costly turnover and some penalties stalled their drives and kept them out of the endzone. The last drive ended on the 10 yard line as time ran out on the Bobcats.

In my opinion LCM is going to really struggle this year, defensively they're very scrappy, but offensively I didn't see much from them. Orangefield really controlled the line of scrimmage and didn't give up any big plays. I did think that LCM looked better when they ran out of the shotgun spreading the field, but other than that the wing T stuff was shut down for the most part. I don't believe they have anyone going both ways, so that might help them some come district play. I know their offense took the field, 11 new players came on and Orangefield pretty much subbed in 2 or 3 guys. With that said I was very proud of our guys for battling all night, they played extremely hard and I believe the Bobcats are going to have a pretty good year.

I agree with you that LCM needs to go back to the spread. I feel like we are going back to the Moody years. 

My son and I was able o make the scrimmage last night and all I can say is wow.  LCM is going to struggle with winning a district game this year.  What are they thinking over there in the bear cave.  The OC and DC switch roles?  The OC changes the offence but not quite sure exactly what it is Slot T sometimes then spread then something else.  The DC...has he ever coached the defensive side of the ball?  I always thought he was an offense guy for his 30 plus years..Key players not in the positions where they need to be and no offense to the QB's.. but coaches if your in the slot T shouldn't that be one of your best all around athletes?   Your first one is decent for the spread but not slot T, and I know LCM has players that can play QB my son has competed against them for many years.   Also what is up with players only being able to play one side of the ball LCM is not PNG you should have your best athletes on the field even if they play both sides.  You can't say they will be exhausted if they play both sides last night was a prime example Orangefield had most of their players playing both sides and LCM was lucky to even score once on them.  Hopefully things will change over in the cave if not it's going to be a very short season. .  From the rumble in the stands I hope the staff make the needed adjustments are things may get a little harry over on 87...I wish the Bears the best of luck this season.

C'mon, Chris17.... let's not start backing down those big summer-time predictions already.  You guys still have to be our guests of honor at the BC homecoming.  

CB I never said we would lose to BC.  I think that's one of the games we would compete in. I'm more concerned with WOS right now because they will probably hold us to negative yards on offense.  But the teams that I am worried about in district are Jasper, Huffman and Silsbee. I'm sure Bc has gotten better but right now it's to early to say there going 10 and 0 this year .  I do wish yall the best of luck because I do support Orange County overall. In our past we do have winning record against Bc I hope we continue that. 

CB I never said we would lose to BC.  I think that's one of the games we would compete in. I'm more concerned with WOS right now because they will probably hold us to negative yards on offense.  But the teams that I am worried about in district are Jasper, Huffman and Silsbee. I'm sure Bc has gotten better but right now it's to early to say there going 10 and 0 this year .  I do wish yall the best of luck because I do support Orange County overall. In our past we do have winning record against Bc I hope we continue that. 

Chris what do you know about the QB and the relation with the coaching staff? Just asking.