obama: A Racist?!

smitty

Based on what he's done & said, I can only believe that had he been a white president, the press would have labeled him a racist quite sometime back.  And he's not a big fan of Christians, but then, if you're at all famIiar with with what happened at the 2012 Democratic convention, they voice voted to remove God from their Mission Statement.  Based on that, the Democratic Party is a party of atheist, so we shouldn't be surprised. 

Based on what he's done & said, I can only believe that had he been a white president, the press would have labeled him a racist quite sometime back.  And he's not a big fan of Christians, but then, if you're at all famIiar with with what happened at the 2012 Democratic convention, they voice voted to remove God from their Mission Statement.  Based on that, the Democratic Party is a party of atheist, so we shouldn't be surprised. 

I usually enjoy what you have to post but this is just so ignorant. Atheist that's the worst label you can put on someone. Some can be wrong on a lot of things but to challenge someone faith in God over politics is just dumb. 

I usually enjoy what you have to post but this is just so ignorant. Atheist that's the worst label you can put on someone. Some can be wrong on a lot of things but to challenge someone faith in God over politics is just dumb. 

Sorry you found it distasteful, and I could have worded it better. Also, you might not be familiar with what I was referring to.  At that Convention the speaker ask for a voice vote to reinsert God in their platform, the No's were louder than the Yes'es. He ask three times with the same result. 

To me, that makes Dem's a party of atheist.  Doesn't make every Dem an atheist, but the party, yep.  

The party passed it anyway, despite the vote, but those folks there convinced me.  Durn sure not something I'm happy about!  It pains me that any large group of Americans would do that, whoever they are.  

Sorry you found it distasteful, and I could have worded it better. Also, you might not be familiar with what I was referring to.  At that Convention the speaker ask for a voice vote to reinsert God in their platform, the No's were louder than the Yes'es. He ask three times with the same result. 

To me, that makes Dem's a party of atheist.  Doesn't make every Dem an atheist, but the party, yep.  

The party passed it anyway, despite the vote, but those folks there convinced me.  Durn sure not something I'm happy about!  It pains me that any large group of Americans would do that, whoever they are.  

​This could be because they don't want to mix religion with government. While I think the founding fathers meant something different, not mixing Church and State has changed definitions over the years. So for me, I would not judge someone as an atheist based on how one would vote on political/Government issues. 

Yeah I'm saying the worst thing you can call a Christian. All Christians fall short but to call someone a atheist over politics. I know where my faith is. but I also believe we shouldnt mix religion with government. 

​I agree, and I was just joking around.....

And the worst think you can tell an Atheist is they are going to hell. That cracks me up that they get so offended by what they should think of as an imaginary place. That would be like me getting offended if someone told me the boogie man was going to get me......

Hip your assertion that those folks voted no based on seperation of church and state is a reach.  I give it 10% possibility.  That based on the fact that most political assaults on Christianity have come from the Dem party.  And as you're already aware, the founding fathers had a whole different "seperation" in mind than what it's been twisted into.  

Pam, in my second post I tried to point out you could be a Dem, but not an atheist.  The Majority of the Party, voted no to having God in the platform.   Had I been there I would have voted Yes.  I did not mean to imply any one Dem is an atheist, but much of the leadership, unfortunately,  must be.  I have no doubt that some in the Repub party are also.  The number of Americans who believe in God is dropping at an alarming rate. 

I will tell you what kind of Christian I am, if there was a vote like that at the Repub convention, I would not vote for any of them again.   I wish all Christians, Dems and Repubs, had that same type of conviction.   But that's just me.  

This type of discussion is Bad for my BP, and since most of you don't want me falling over from premature heart stoppage, I'll leave y'all with a light limerick that is kinda appropriate now days.  

God had a good plan in the beginning.  But man spoiled his plan by sinning. 

We hope that the story, Will end in Gods glory  But at present the other sides winning.  

Edited by REBgp