TIPPING HAT TO LAMAR

Lamar Cardinals I think are finally realizing our area in TALENT.  Mr. Randle last year and now Mr. Morse. This indeed is a steal, this kid is a leader on the field. He directs the  offense, can read defense. But most of all carries himself with the grace of his PARENTS within him. So congrats to him to his parents and the Cardinals.

I think Morse is kind of limited to what type of systems he can play in at the next level because he doesn't move overly well for a guy his size. After attending camps and still not picking up any FBS offers there may also be a perceived arm-talent issue too. Even though he throws for a lot of yards, PNG's offense probably hurts his recruitment more than helps it. That being said, if he can replicate the numbers he had last year he'll probably get bigger offers after his senior season once recruiters see how their classes shake out. Congrats and good luck to him though, he would definitely be a good get for Lamar if they hold on to him.  

Oh yeah,planning to catch a cpl home games & see local talent,a few Broncos like Juan Carranco(punter/kicker)state record book HS(@Lamar 38.9 yd per punt,65 kickoffs=54.6 avg.6 of 8 fgs,longest 43 yds,Matthew Oubre linemen xfer from West Monroe La along w/other purple Jace Nelson wr PNG=how fitting Nelson/Carranco combo bi-dist game thrilled purple fans @Da Butch,And Omar Tebo plugging the middle from Liberty

Oh yeah,planning to catch a cpl home games & see local talent,a few Broncos like Juan Carranco(punter/kicker)state record book HS(@Lamar 38.9 yd per punt,65 kickoffs=54.6 avg.6 of 8 fgs,longest 43 yds,Matthew Oubre linemen xfer from West Monroe La along w/other purple Jace Nelson wr PNG=how fitting Nelson/Carranco combo bi-dist game thrilled purple fans @Da Butch,And Omar Tebo plugging the middle fromLiberty

I think Morse is kind of limited to what type of systems he can play in at the next level because he doesn't move overly well for a guy his size. After attending camps and still not picking up any FBS offers there may also be a perceived arm-talent issue too. Even though he throws for a lot of yards, PNG's offense probably hurts his recruitment more than helps it. That being said, if he can replicate the numbers he had last year he'll probably get bigger offers after his senior season once recruiters see how their classes shake out. Congrats and good luck to him though, he would definitely be a good get for Lamar if they hold on to him.  

​I agree 100%. But I do think his success will only come in a spread style offense. I would imagine the FBS issues include, height, and speed. Now if he was 6-4 225, he would have tons of offers. But I do think he should have a good senior season and might be able to establish himself as a top 10 quarterback in PN-G history.. But at then end of the day, a free, or reduced, education is what its all about. Congrats on his signing, and hope he has a injury free senior season....

Bigger offers may come in, but nothing wrong with sticking to Lamar. You don't have to go far to get a great education. Out of State and you may only have Mom and Dad in the stands cheering you on. Stay Local and Indian Nation will be cheering you on.

​This Indian hasn't been to a Lamar game yet but you can rest assured I will now

The reasons one chooses a school could be for many reasons. I happen to know this family so I kinda have an inside track on some of the interest he has, Its  not my place to say. I can assure he does have other interested schools. 

Doesn't suprise me. The kid impressed me last year. With the exception of Hurts from Channelview he was the best QB Dayton saw last year by far.

​She was referring to Cougar14.2's post.  He would probably say that he was "just keeping it real".

​Other recruiters "kept it real" when they didn't offer. If seeing the probable reasons in text is "negative" then you would probably file suit for slander when you hear what recruiters say about kids behind closed doors.

Recruiting is a dirty game. If a recruiter says he's interested in your kid but has offered several kids at the same position before yours, you can bet he's probably lying right to your face but there's parents who will take that and run with it not knowing any better. It's hard for the average high school fan to really know what they're looking at when it comes to playing at the next level, especially when you're close to the player.

A prime example would be the debate that would be happening right now if DSC was still at WOS. The would be people arguing that Morse is the better qb. Same thing with Tony Brown and people saying he wasn't that good, they just didn't realize what they were looking at. Lamar would be a bigger get for the program than it would be for Morse, which is why I said they'll be lucky to hold on to him.

Edited by Cougar14.2

​Other recruiters "kept it real" when they didn't offer. If seeing the probable reasons in text is "negative" then you would probably file suit for slander when you hear what recruiters say about kids behind closed doors.

Recruiting is a dirty game. If a recruiter says he's interested in your kid but has offered several kids at the same position before yours, you can bet he's probably lying right to your face but there's parents who will take that and run with it not knowing any better. It's hard for the average high school fan to really know what they're looking at when it comes to playing at the next level, especially when you're close to the player.

A prime example would be the debate that would be happening right now if DSC was still at WOS. The would be people arguing that Morse is the better qb. Same thing with Tony Brown and people saying he wasn't that good, they just didn't realize what they were looking at. Lamar would be a bigger get for the program than it would be for Morse, which is why I said they'll be lucky to hold on to him.

​Agreed... I dont think She has a clue to what the post means....... I think that Lamar is one of the REAL offers he could make a positive impact at. Recruiters are looking for tools.. Size, Height, speed, vertical, shuttle, etc. If a kid has all the tools, they feel they can train him to be a player.. As in the Tony Brown case. He has all the tools to be a stud. He just needs the coaching and experience to turn into a Beast. Thats the prime reason you see the CAMP kids that get offers from nowhere. Because tool wise, they have them. In High School. HEART. can get you on the All State team. But in college it will not. You might see a legit 4.5 guy in High school 5 or 6 times a year. Linebackers run 4.5 in college. Its a sped up version, and only the athletes with the tools have the capability of succeeding. Now dont get me wrong, there might be a few that get by, but the majority is a certain TYPE of Athlete. And it is definately dog eat dog.. At the lower levels, you will see the athletes with less of a tool level recruited. I see Lamar as a program that has the capability to compete in the conference. I have watched a few of their games and I think a kid Like AM can succeed at that level with more experience and coaching. As I stated before, I would never knock a kid for getting a education.  And honestly I have not seen any post on this subject that is knocking him. Sometimes keeping it real hurts peoples feelings. But Im pretty sure thats all part of this thing that we call LIFE. As I stated before, I think if AM has a good senior season, he can establish himself as a top 10 QB in PN-G history..... But at the end of the day you cannot teach, size, speed, etc..... I think LAMAR is a perfect fit..............

Edited by Stattrax

I would think a great senior year would put him in the top 5.... System induced, but you can't argue with the numbers, especially if they win 2-3-4/playoff games, definitely top 5

Agreed depending on playoffs. I could see #5. Ethridge, Long, Robertson, Doty, Musser........ Could possibly push out Musser... But would take a DC, playoff run, and Nederland win.....

Believe it or not why the Vidor Pirates are the team that I don't want to face to start district play. Why I feel its between them and PNG for the title.

Well in another thread I got a dinner at pappadeaux's with Buddy G that PNG will beat Nederland this year!  You know where my heart is!

How would you put Musser above him?

​Its just a matter of opinion. He did have a DC, and threw 6 or 7 TDS against Ned in a rivalry game. He was one of those guys that could will you to a win and take over if needed. Has some DC hardware with a win against WOS to do it. Like I said I think AM has the chance to pass him. You have to remember most of those QBS ran from a pro stlye offense, or the I formation. So comparing numbers is a hard thing to do. All is just my opinion which means absolutely nothing..

Right on the money, gotta win deep to get past Ethridge, Long, Doty, not sure about Robertson but we are close

​Ryan Robertson 89 and 90. Had a cannon, and could read a defense like no other. Ended up playing pro baseball. Doesnt have a DC, but he does have a quarterfinalist appearance.. And a heartbreaking loss to the #1 team in the land, on a final second bomb for what its worth...