The Old Coach Top 25 3A DII Preseason Rankings

I don't think people a lot of times understand just how tough it is to get to that state championship game. Newton lost last year. Making it back to the top has a lot of things that have to come together at the right time. It's tough in any class. Newton kids always think that is where they are going. I'm always in the stands to cheer them on. Purple Pride Never Dies!!

1East Bernard(12-2)
2Newton(12-4)
3Elysian Fields(8-4)
4Cisco(13-1)
5Waskom(15-1)

​Curious to see how Waskom responds having new faces everywhere. I think their new QB will be better than the one that graduated. He started at EF as a freshman and some last year till he got hurt and lost his spot. But that was in a wide open spread offense.. Who knows how he'll handle the stuff that Waskom runs. 

Little birdy told me Newton is going to more of a hurry up this year....... Any truth?

Guess it close enough for me to start talking a little bit, but I think Crockett is going to be a handful this year, east Bernard lost nobody I believe so #1. Makes since I guess, Newton could be as good or better I think than 2014. I'm not buying in to EF just yet, Cisco is Cisco they will be in the mix, I know nothing about Waskoms new QB, but I don't think Chan can carry the young wildcats back to the top by hisself

I think Barbay might be the Offensive coordinator. His son finished last year( as a sophomore) QB ing Coldspring and was named new comer of the year in that district. Don't know if he will be the qb or not but I was told he can really throw the football.. Newton lost several monster linemen which will be hard to replace. Newton gets a couple of kids back that were hurt in preseason last year

. Crockett is the team I worry about the most. They can score when they have the football. If their defense gets better they will be the team to watch out for.

Corrigan Camden will be strong again. Garrison will be much improved.