State 7 on 7 Updates/Post 'em here!!

Some of the guys I talked to said this group of recievers this season would compete with any group in our schoold history!! I cannot speak for this because my experience is limited to 30 someodd years. Id say that in my time they are right up there with Dustin Longs group.

Some of the guys I talked to said this group of recievers this season would compete with any group in our schoold history!! I cannot speak for this because my experience is limited to 30 someodd years. Id say that in my time they are right up there with Dustin Longs group.

​Longs group couldn't touch last year's group before injuries IMO. 

​Longs group couldn't touch last year's group before injuries IMO. 

Longs group couldn't touch this group in as far as not winning district, not beating Nederland, oh-- maybe going 2/3/4/5 rounds into the playoffs???

fact is PNG and Fairclothe set passing records every year do well in 7/7 BUT have little to no success in real games, no titles-

No D1 Qb like Long

no def back like Geolke

Longs group couldn't touch them just completely surpass them in wins and talent.

untill png makes a run, has a legit D1 signing it is all in the purple lenses.

Longs group couldn't touch this group in as far as not winning district, not beating Nederland, oh-- maybe going 2/3/4/5 rounds into the playoffs???

fact is PNG and Fairclothe set passing records every year do well in 7/7 BUT have little to no success in real games, no titles-

No D1 Qb like Long

no def back like Geolke

Longs group couldn't touch them just completely surpass them in wins and talent.

Didn't Long end up at Sam Houston State?  

Longs group as a Junior was the best I have seen (Jody 1 and Cody 3) as Tip would say.. Senior group second best. Sure handed, fast and big. This was before video game numbers when you actually played both sides of the ball and ran a balance pro attack. He also called the majority of his plays and audibled quite a bit. I watched him play Tech and throw 7 TDs while at A&M. Then he transferred to Sam Houston State his last year. Now my opinions are with pads on....... LOL.... I do however think this years group can be a good group if they step up and play like their talent suggests. And if they get me to week 16 I might have a different opinion at the end of the year. If these guys stay healthy it could be interesting. But what you have to remember is thats its easy to cover 2 big outside receivers. Without a talented slot and a running game, you can pretty much push the big receivers around. WOS is a prime example of that, jump into a cover 2 and press. I would say Dotys 1rst year at QB was our 3rd best group with Reynga and Jalali. My memory goes back to the late 70s early 80s....... Individually, I think i we have had a few good ones as of late, including Nelson, Rose, Sparks.

No D1 Qb like Long

no def back like Geolke

​Gholke was the best safety I have seen at PN-G....... Funny story............ He told me at a tie ball game at half, against Dayton in 98.... Dakari Pearson was the baddest dude he had ever seen, and this was with Pearson playing with a hernia.... Behind Kendall Briles, Pearson was the best dual threat I had ever seen. He ended up at UT as a defensive back....