22-5A District Predictions 2015

The 4-3 adorned the field today. I love seeing it back. THey looked good alot harder to understand the defense playing without pads on. They were quick should be pretty good this season. The difference in McZeal was his hands. He was catching the ball very softly today. Last season he was stiff with his hands. Looked like he was catching eggs out there today. Very soft hands. He is gonna be a heck of a player this and next season. All of the recievers looked way ahead of the game. Thanks 7 on 7

Edited by prepballfan

The 4-3 adorned the field today. I love seeing it back. THey looked good alot harder to understand the defense playing without pads on. They were quick should be pretty good this season. The difference in McZeal was his hands. He was catching the ball very softly today. Last season he was stiff with his hands. Looked like he was catching eggs out there today. Very soft hands. He is gonna be a heck of a player this and next season. All of the recievers looked way ahead of the game. Thanks 7 on 7

The tell tell will be if we can produce two stud defensive ends.. That's the key to the 4-3. It's very hard to make a living running up the middle the entire game.. But without ends, containment issues kill you. So hopefully we can get 2 ends to contain.. I don't think we will be on the bottom end when it comes to offense... But we definitely will need to step up defensively to have a chance at a DC. If we can get our defense in the say top 3 in the district I think we have a shot at the DC. MCZeal has all the tools, with a year of experience under his belt he should do better, but once again, without a slot guy taking the heat off, you cannot make a living throwing to the outside receivers all the time. Sparks was awesome at freezing safety help.. So hopefully we will find a slot guy as well. Girourd possibly?? Or even Jejune?? Wouldn't hurt to have a few playing both sides of the ball when needed.  

Edited by Stattrax

The tell tell will be if we can produce two stud defensive ends.. That's the key to the 4-3. It's very hard to make a living running up the middle the entire game.. But without ends, containment issues kill you. So hopefully we can get 2 ends to contain.. I don't think we will be on the bottom end when it comes to offense... But we definitely will need to step up defensively to have a chance at a DC. If we can get our defense in the say top 3 in the district I think we have a shot at the DC. MCZeal has all the tools, with a year of experience under his belt he should do better, but once again, without a slot guy taking the heat off, you cannot make a living throwing to the outside receivers all the time. Sparks was awesome at freezing safety help.. So hopefully we will find a slot guy as well. Girourd possibly?? Or even Jejune?? Wouldn't hurt to have a few playing both sides of the ball when needed.  

​I agree 100% and the slot guy is Sullivan I think he will do very well he has great hands.Not as fast as Sparks but just as good of hands and a little bigger. 

One day at a time.. In all honesty, our defense can only improve... We are better suited for a 4-3... When you are undersized and not extremely fast, it's hard to make plays in space and that's was happens in the 3-4. If we can contain outside, funnel into the muck, we are a lot better of a defense.. My assumption is the the 3-4 Kroeker implemented was due to the spread offense. But it was a break always defense. I like my chances with bend but don't break and let the other team make mistakes.. Hey if they don't and they beat you that's just football.. 

I think McZeal has BCS school potential with his size. I remember last year thinking that if he just became more consistent, which I figured would come with age, then he would turn into a beast at WR. PN-G's offense will be scary this year, wish I could see em play.

P.S. - I miss yall being up here in Chicago. I'm sure some people don't miss me but I'll always remember SETX and the football down there.