District 12-3A D1 Way-Too-Early Predictions or Opinions

I will say this.. Yes everybody knows Kirbyville and EC should battle for first but the past two years EC has only beat Kountze by a touchdown on each occasion. Kountze over EC is really the only possible upset I see. But IMO kirbyville runs the table this year. But you never know what can happen which is why you play the game!

Who are some of the top upcoming freshmen in this district? I know Woodville has three or four coming up that could see time on the varsity level. And I know Kountze and Buna and EC had a couple solid players on their 8th grade teams.

EC has a good upcoming freshmen class, but I doubt any of them will be on varsity this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm....I got a new crystal ball. It's telling me that the district will end like this... :)

1) Kirbyville

2) East Chambers

3) Woodville

4) Kountze

5) Buna

6) Anahuac

7) Warren

8) Hardin

For those that don't care to go back and see what's different from earlier predictions, Lol.. I'll tell you.....I had Woodville 5th. BUT!!!......I didn't really pay attention to much of anything outside of Kirbyville and EC so I missed the fact that Woodville is returning 17 out of 22 starters from a team that barely missed the playoffs last year. That's no small thing.

Why do people think Kountze is going to finish in the top four?  They had four players of any consequence last year and three of them are gone.

​I see it going down like this:

1. East Chambers

2. Kirbyville

3. Woodville

4. Buna

5. Kountze

6. Anahuac

7. Warren

8. Hardin

Kville

EC

Buna

Woodville

Kountze

Hardin

Anahuac 

Warren

IMO, in that order. 

​I dont think Warren, AP or Hardin have an answer of Grayland Arnold...Woodville and Buna however may and I stress may. If they do, than it will go as above and If they don't it will come down to a track meet unless those Lions can get an effective defense squared away...time will tell the tail. My gut tells me this season will start like last season, but the finish is what counts boys!

​I dont think Warren, AP or Hardin have an answer of Grayland Arnold...Woodville and Buna however may and I stress may. If they do, than it will go as above and If they don't it will come down to a track meet unless those Lions can get an effective defense squared away...time will tell the tail. My gut tells me this season will start like last season, but the finish is what counts boys!

​What weapons did Kountze lose? I know Harper graduated, but outside of him, who did they lose?

​I see it going down like this:

1. East Chambers

2. Kirbyville

3. Woodville

4. Buna

5. Kountze

6. Anahuac

7. Warren

8. Hardin

I can go along with everything except the top two. Kirbyville was too much for EC last year, and they'll be too much this year. I will add though that I think there will be 2 games between Kirbyville and EC this year, and we need to remember the 2010 season of beating Coldspring in the first game, then losing to them in the second (and most important one) on their way to state. Man, I'm ready for season to start. :):):)