Bridge City vs Huffman 1 Gamer

In one game especially with two good pitchers too many variables....a pitcher having an off night or even 1 bad inning, errors, an untimely walk, or past ball. Anything is possible in one game. Huffman may have the edge at the plate and it might end up being the difference but I think BC got just what they wanted! Here's hoping they can pull it out.

Ive seen shugart throw in the past and know he is a heck of a high school pitcher..but when does 86-88 with a slider equal a pro pitcher? Im sure he touches 90-91 but he doesn't pitch there that I have ever seen. I know he is a bulldog on the mound and love that fire but is what kind of pro prospect is he really coming out of hs? Is he expected to be drafted?

I got drafted out of high school pitching at 87-88 toping out at 91. I wouldn't say it can't happen, but it is a little less likely nowadays since they don't have the draft and follow rule anymore. However teams will take a chance on kids if they believe they have good projectibility. I'm not saying this is the case for Shugart, as his size really doesn't help him out much. I've watched him pitch numerous times this year, and I would say he sits at 89-90. Haven't seen 94 myself, but have been told by someone I trust that's he's hit it. His biggest asset in my opinion is his competitiveness. He's gonna stand on the mound and punch in you the mouth repeatedly.

I know that Huffman can hit 94 all day long. From 1 thru 9. I seen it myself. It will be a very good game and like most have said anything can happen in a 1 gamer. Shugart is a great pitcher but so is Huffman's pitcher. I think it will come down to how makes a mistake.

i don't buy that at all...what did Kincaid throw to beat Huffman 2-1 or Concordia throw to beat them 6-.0? There are college teams that would struggle with 94 all day long much less a 4a high school team. Huffman is not the 57 Yankees.

As far as the draft, I myself was 88-90 rhp that wasn't drafted and as it was explained to me rhps that are in that range are a dime a dozen or atleast back in the mid 90s they were. I don't see that velocity much anymore, Id day most high school pitchers are below 85 from what I have seen over the last 5 years so when you get a guy throwing upper 80s it really stands out to the crowd.

I know that Huffman can hit 94 all day long. From 1 thru 9. I seen it myself. It will be a very good game and like most have said anything can happen in a 1 gamer. Shugart is a great pitcher but so is Huffman's pitcher. I think it will come down to how makes a mistake.

i don't buy that at all...what did Kincaid throw to beat Huffman 2-1 or Concordia throw to beat them 6-.0? There are college teams that would struggle with 94 all day long much less a 4a high school team. Huffman is not the 57 Yankees.

As far as the draft, I myself was 88-90 rhp that wasn't drafted and as it was explained to me rhps that are in that range are a dime a dozen or atleast back in the mid 90s they were. I don't see that velocity much anymore, Id day most high school pitchers are below 85 from what I have seen over the last 5 years so when you get a guy throwing upper 80s it really stands out to the crowd.

plenty of guys around the greater houston area throwing 90+ not just topping 90.

Joebob, you don't have to buy it, I wasn't trying to sell it. I am telling you that the entire line up can hit a 94 mph fastball, period. Most kids these days that play showcase can hit the fastball. Maybe back in 1970 they couldn't but they can now. Will they when they play BC, that remains to be seen. It is going to be a good game. But I don't think Shugart is sitting at 94, so with that said they really won't have a problem with 90

Joebob, you don't have to buy it, I wasn't trying to sell it. I am telling you that the entire line up can hit a 94 mph fastball, period. Most kids these days that play showcase can hit the fastball. Maybe back in 1970 they couldn't but they can now. Will they when they play BC, that remains to be seen. It is going to be a good game. But I don't think Shugart is sitting at 94, so with that said they really won't have a problem with 90

1970. Now that's funny.

I know JoeBob's baseball background. (I watched him play in high school and it was not the 1970's.) Maybe you could help me with yours, idk. 

So how many Cardinal fans remember getting shut out by Huffman last year ? Guess what, you are going to get that same lefty again ! Don't worry though he might not be drafted like your pitcher will be ( I am sure in the 1st. round NOT) but he has thrown nine shut outs in a row this year, two in the playoffs. As far as his 94 MPH fast ball, we faced Stephen Kolek three times in the past two years, he throws HARDER and it didn't work out very well for him.

Something else to think about, while waiting on a playoff game to conclude we watched two studs pitch 9 innings of shut out baseball, it was turned over to the bullpen and went 12 or 13 innings before a winner was decided. How does BC's pull pen look?

Remember your coach didn't want to play best of three because like Hardin Jefferson they know what will happen.